PTC Power Rankings in Basketball

Okay here's my best guess:

1. Coventry - Super athletic, a D1 football player in the post, the coach's kid can shoot it, and a lot of depth. They might win 20 games unless they screw it up in classic Coventry fashion.
2. Norton - Strong youth program, and a high school staff that consistently runs and shoots well. They have skills, expectations and consistency; that'll always be keeping them competitive.
3. Streetsboro - Would have a chance to challenge Coventry and be above Norton had Carter not went down in football. Judd is still a stud!
4. Woodridge - Woodridge keeps getting better and better in all sports. Baseball made a distict final, football is rolling, and basketball was young and talented the last few years. This year isn't their year, but the next two might be.
5. Springfield - The bottom half of this league is a mess. I like Springfield and they're five minutes down the street. I'll pick them here, but it could easily be Field. They hired a new coach halfway through the summer, and they have several question marks. My friends at Springfield tell me they may have more athletes coming out than before, but I just don't see anything quick happening there. If they get better, which they should because they've been awful, it'll take a few years.
6. Field -I have no clue what Field has been doing recently. Coach seems nice enough, but they finally have had size and athleticism the last few years and done nothing with it. Maybe this year they put it together and finally challenge people? I wouldn't be surprised if they finish in the middle instead of 6th.
7. Cloverleaf - Cloverleaf is hard to predict because they were so awful last year; however, they are a D1 school and bigger than every other school in the conference. They have no excuse to not compete in this league, but nothing I have seen there the last five years has given any confidence that they'll put anything together.
8. Ravenna - Ravenna has a new coach and I know absolutely nothing about him. I've always thought that the basketball program there could be REALLY good if they get someone in there who really knows what he's doing. They are big, strong, athletic, and fast and football. Can the new get these guys excited enough to come out for basketball? Starks was an amazing person as a coach, but they never ever improved or got anyone out to play.

That's my best guess for this league. I'll be posting one for Akron City in the Ellet forum in a week or so if anyone gets bored and wants to read an old man's rambling, lol.

Limited basketball knowledge but, I would assume the PTC is one of the weakest leagues in the state? Help drop some wisdom on a non basketball guy.

Limited basketball knowledge but, I would assume the PTC is one of the weakest leagues in the state? Help drop some wisdom on a non basketball guy.

It certainly used to be, but since the league changes and the improvement of Coventry, it's a much better league than it used to be. There are A LOT of bad leagues throughout the state, so it's not the worst. Streetsboro is at a minimum respectable, and Woodridge has been getting better. Norton has shown for the last decade that they're pretty good, and Coventry will be good as long as the coach's kids are there. Having the D1 football player from Pitt doesn't hurt. This league is just top heavy. The bottom half of this league is really bad. Springfield (no offense to anyone here) has been atrocious and I'll be surprised if they can do anything at all in the next few years... and I put them in the middle if that tells you anything.

The thing to remember about PTC metro is its made up of Suburban DII schools. This is what Suburban DII ball looks like everywhere. They can't be expected to compete with our DI city teams, and most of them don't have the athletes to compete with our DII teams in Akron.

Worm is trolling on here because he loves to mess with Springfield and Tallmadge people, lol. Don't let him get to ya. We get lonely on the Ellet forum.

Chin you are right that this is the worse basketball league in the state. A good middle school team could compete with the lower teams.

GoOrange, I would never troll a thread. I love the Spartans and have property in Tallmadge.

Chin you are right that this is the worse basketball league in the state. A good middle school team could compete with the lower teams.

GoOrange, I would never troll a thread. I love the Spartans and have property in Tallmadge.

LOL Worm you always bait me with that stuff. Not a great league, but middle school teams vs varsity teams? Officially not taking bait... I'll bite later I'm sure.

Okay here's my best guess:

1. Coventry - Super athletic, a D1 football player in the post, the coach's kid can shoot it, and a lot of depth. They might win 20 games unless they screw it up in classic Coventry fashion.
2. Norton - Strong youth program, and a high school staff that consistently runs and shoots well. They have skills, expectations and consistency; that'll always be keeping them competitive.
3. Streetsboro - Would have a chance to challenge Coventry and be above Norton had Carter not went down in football. Judd is still a stud!
4. Woodridge - Woodridge keeps getting better and better in all sports. Baseball made a distict final, football is rolling, and basketball was young and talented the last few years. This year isn't their year, but the next two might be.
5. Springfield - The bottom half of this league is a mess. I like Springfield and they're five minutes down the street. I'll pick them here, but it could easily be Field. They hired a new coach halfway through the summer, and they have several question marks. My friends at Springfield tell me they may have more athletes coming out than before, but I just don't see anything quick happening there. If they get better, which they should because they've been awful, it'll take a few years.
6. Field -I have no clue what Field has been doing recently. Coach seems nice enough, but they finally have had size and athleticism the last few years and done nothing with it. Maybe this year they put it together and finally challenge people? I wouldn't be surprised if they finish in the middle instead of 6th.
7. Cloverleaf - Cloverleaf is hard to predict because they were so awful last year; however, they are a D1 school and bigger than every other school in the conference. They have no excuse to not compete in this league, but nothing I have seen there the last five years has given any confidence that they'll put anything together.
8. Ravenna - Ravenna has a new coach and I know absolutely nothing about him. I've always thought that the basketball program there could be REALLY good if they get someone in there who really knows what he's doing. They are big, strong, athletic, and fast and football. Can the new get these guys excited enough to come out for basketball? Starks was an amazing person as a coach, but they never ever improved or got anyone out to play.

That's my best guess for this league. I'll be posting one for Akron City in the Ellet forum in a week or so if anyone gets bored and wants to read an old man's rambling, lol.

Springfield has to be at the bottom of this list now dont they?

No. They just beat Cloverleaf handily and beat Ravenna the week before. I'd say Cloverleaf's one win on the season clearly puts them on the bottom, Ravenna in 7th, and Springfield in 6th since they just beat both of them in the last two weeks. Bad bottom of league. Springfield plays Field on Friday, and I think Field has 3 league wins. League wins should be (according to Yappi's updates) Field: 3, Springfield:2, Ravenna:2, Cloverleaf:1.

But Springfield has played the worse schools in ohio and still lose. At least the other teams are playing teams with a pulse. SHS the worse

But Springfield has played the worse schools in ohio and still lose. At least the other teams are playing teams with a pulse. SHS the worse

That makes absolutely no sense. Springfield just beat both of those schools and have more wins than both of them. Coventry, Norton, Streetsboro, and Woodridge are pretty good and Springfield has no chance against them. They've just beaten two of the other three with a chance to beat the third one tomorrow. Good team? No... I don't think they're very skilled or ready to compete against "good" teams, but worst team? Not even close... Cloverleaf. That was the game that Springfield sat their post kid and benched a couple kids , then almost won without them the first time. Won by double digits against them last week.

That'd be like me trying to say Ellet is better than Firestone after they just beat us again, LOL.

If Springfield is "losing to the worst teams in the state" and beating teams in their league this time around I'm a little confused to how they are considered worse.. Head to head they have split with a couple teams and like Orange said, it sounds like their were some reasons why they were split. Coach Cole and the boys at least deserve some credit. You could say there is a 3way tie for the bottom and include SHS but saying their the worst is just ridiculous lol. I wonder about you sometimes Worm...

If Springfield is "losing to the worst teams in the state" and beating teams in their league this time around I'm a little confused to how they are considered worse.. Head to head they have split with a couple teams and like Orange said, it sounds like their were some reasons why they were split. Coach Cole and the boys at least deserve some credit. You could say there is a 3way tie for the bottom and include SHS but saying their the worst is just ridiculous lol. I wonder about you sometimes Worm...

I can settle with there is a 2 way tie for worse with SHS and Leaf:shrug: