PTC League

DaggumGoodUpThere

What will happen to this league?

Only 5 teams. One of them didn’t play half the opponents (STA) and 3 of the other members (Warren JFK, Ravenna Southeast and Mogadore) split the title.

Rumors already swirling that the Ravenna Southeast AD is trying to kick out Warren JFK and the winter sports season just began.

No other leagues want to take on Mogadore Football or Rootstown Wrestling. Ravenna Southeast doesn’t want any teams with decent records and Warren JFK and STA are square pegs in round holes.

This might be the worst “league” in the state that happens to have two of the best football programs in the state. Doesn’t seem like a good situation for anyone.

A former superintendent,basketball coach and sports writer are trying to form or bring back former schools. Wonder if this is making progress. With high gas prices, long travel mileage and low gates you would think some schools( Atwater Waterloo, Mantua Crestwood and Garrettsville Garfield) would consider. I know community members in all 3 who question why their ADs voted to leave long time rivalries...in most cases the Superintendents and ADs are no longer even with the districts.

What will happen to this league?

Only 5 teams. One of them didn’t play half the opponents (STA) and 3 of the other members (Warren JFK, Ravenna Southeast and Mogadore) split the title.

Rumors already swirling that the Ravenna Southeast AD is trying to kick out Warren JFK and the winter sports season just began.

No other leagues want to take on Mogadore Football or Rootstown Wrestling. Ravenna Southeast doesn’t want any teams with decent records and Warren JFK and STA are square pegs in round holes.

This might be the worst “league” in the state that happens to have two of the best football programs in the state. Doesn’t seem like a good situation for anyone.
Southeast is just bitter that their once in a lifetime team got totally wrecked by the newcomer.

How exactly is JFK and even STA square pegs in round holes?

Private schools, but realistically, lower division private schools are not the same as the other divisions.

How is Southeast bitter? Did something happen after the SE-JFK game?
Ravenna Southeast only schedules very weak opponents. Rumor is their AD is very unhappy about having to play Mogadore and JFK now.

I think last year (2020) Warren JFK reached out to play them a year early prior to entering the league when everything was shaken up because of covid and they refused.

Ravenna Southeast only schedules very weak opponents. Rumor is their AD is very unhappy about having to play Mogadore and JFK now.

I think last year (2020) Warren JFK reached out to play them a year early prior to entering the league when everything was shaken up because of covid and they refused.
This is all true.

Haven't Southeast and Mogadore been playing each other every season for like 10 years now?

Haven't Southeast and Mogadore been playing each other every season for like 10 years now?
Yes, but I think its the idea of having another team in the league like JFK is too much for them. What people like Southeasts AD don't realize is the benefit of playing teams like Moggy and Kennedy every year. Iron sharpens iron come playoff time. Just look at the MAC.

The difference is Mogadore is not afraid to schedule schools that are pretty good and even lose to them whereas Ravenna Southeast schedules the likes of Akron North, Champion, Windham and Minerva.

The difference is Mogadore is not afraid to schedule schools that are pretty good and even lose to them whereas Ravenna Southeast schedules the likes of Akron North, Champion, Windham and Minerva.
Look at their schedule the last 5 years or so since their AD took over. It’s crazy how far they’ve traveled/how much they’ve paid to play some inferior opponents.

JFK girls lost by 15 to SE tonight. Should I be appalled?
3 way tie for the league. Hardly domination
Personally I love playing Moggy and Gmen and we’re 0-4 in recent meetings. Nobody’s crying to get out of that. JFK is not the team bouncing anyone in this league from the playoffs. Not quite sure what the complaining is about. I mean if it’s true there is people that want to go 9-1 then lose in the first round of playoffs that’s pretty sad.

Yes, but I think its the idea of having another team in the league like JFK is too much for them. What people like Southeasts AD don't realize is the benefit of playing teams like Moggy and Kennedy every year. Iron sharpens iron come playoff time. Just look at the MAC.
Before JFK, Garrettsville Garfield was in the league and Southeast often lost to them. Garfield beat JFK this year. I don't know that I buy that Southeast is suddenly afraid of playing Moggy and JFK even though they've played Moggy for years and have played similarly to JFK tough league opponents back in the former PTC configuration.

Last edited:
Before JFK, Garrettsville Garfield was in the league and Southeast often lost to them. Garfield beat JFK this year. I don't know that I buy that Southeast is suddenly afraid of playing Moggy and JFK even though they've played Moggy for years and have played similarly to JFK tough league opponents back in the former PTC configuration.
They figured they would only have to deal with one Moggy type opponent once Garfield left, now they are back to two Moggy type opponents. That's why.

Do you even know who SE’s AD is? Someone said the last 5 yrs, their current AD has only had the position 1 year. Also I’m not saying this is or isn’t true, but I’m sure deep down the league as a whole would love to get back to the PCL league with teams and rivalries closer. I’m also sure if they had the chance to get Waterloo, Crestwood, and Garfield back SE wouldn’t be the only school to vote for that. As for the schedule this league used to include these teams as well as the likes of Woodridge and Streetsboro, they had a lot of good teams they had to play.

Last edited:
They figured they would only have to deal with one Moggy type opponent once Garfield left, now they are back to two Moggy type opponents. That's why.
It seems to be working out well for them. After all, Southeast did tie for the league title this year. If Moggy and JFK are far and above superior opponents, then that shouldn't have happened.