Price of EGGS, WTH is going on

I am all for farming, but farmers expect to double their profits every 6 - 7 years, they are not hurting for money which is a good thing. I know a farmer who has a relatively small operation and he got 20000 dollars from the PPP rip off program even though he said his farming was not affected by covid one bit. If you are all for farm subsidies than don't complain about other groups that are subsidized by big brother.
If you think farming is so good, then go become a farmer. Fact is the youth do not see farming as a sustainable way to earn a living in most cases. None of my extended family relatives are going to continue farming.

pssst ... I know guy who knows a guy who can sell you eggs at $3 a dozen.

Don't tell anybody else, OK?
Certainly are some. When you overproduce it is better to take $3.00 for them than to throw them out for $0.

$5. Cost of production $5
$3. Sale of surplus eggs. $0. Throw out surplus eggs

$2 loss. $5. Loss

$2 is better than $5

If you think farming is so good, then go become a farmer. Fact is the youth do not see farming as a sustainable way to earn a living in most cases. None of my extended family relatives are going to continue farming.
Don't have to, I invest in the stock market. Farming is expensive to start out but I know an egg farmer who started out 23 - 24 years ago, he told me in 6 - 7 years he would have the buildings paid for and everything after that would be mostly profit and since than he has expanded his operations. Would not have done so if he was not making good profits which is a good thing.

Don't have to, I invest in the stock market. Farming is expensive to start out but I know an egg farmer who started out 23 - 24 years ago, he told me in 6 - 7 years he would have the buildings paid for and everything after that would be mostly profit and since than he has expanded his operations. Would not have done so if he was not making good profits which is a good thing.
Don't doubt your story. So much of how much a farmer makes is directly tied to his ability to market his product at a premium. If a person is a good operator and markets their product well success will follow. Doesn't hurt to have a few injections of $20k from the taxpayers along the way as well.

Keep up the good work fellow Americans, farmers are counting on your help.

Yes you are the only expert and one thing I have found out in my old age people who consider themselves experts are usually wrong. California (10th largest egg producing state in the country), I believe produces only cage free eggs (more expensive operation) if those eggs were all caged eggs and put on the market as such overall cost of eggs would likely be cheaper.
No they wouldn't.

Putting those chickens into cages won't make them lay more eggs. It does nothing to change the supply side of the equation.

Egg prices are what they are because demand has outstripped supply. Pretty simple concept.

He was lying to you unless he was putting additional money into it AND taking no profits out to live on.

Sure he expanded his operation because egg farming has been steady profit sector of ag for most of the last 40 years.