Price Hill Candidate Night

100% this is a stepping stone for him and i believe he is in the radical side or will be.
I think anyone backed by Soros and the Bern are most definitely radical. I’m wondering of the 8 Dems Elected to Council how many will govern as moderates,liberals or radicals.

I think anyone backed by Soros and the Bern are most definitely radical. I’m wondering of the 8 Dems Elected to Council how many will govern as moderates,liberals or radicals.
What does that even mean in local/city government. He is not going to defund the police. The people, almost all people, black, white, rich and poor, will not stand for it. Affordable housing is another matter. Much of the issue on the westside is a result of well off, absentee landlords, many of which live in Delhi and Green Township and probably consider themselves "conservatives".

Other than hobbling the police, which they will not do, there is little a "liberal' can do in city government, virtue signaling aside. So they will rail against abortion limits and people who conceal carry. Maybe they will paint another road bed mural for people to drive, walk, spit and sh_t on. So, what? Other than spouting off about it and passing some meaningless resolutions, they can do nothing, and certainly nothing of substance.

So, some of them are backed by Soros and Bern? Good, that means they are unlikely to make it to Columbus and D.C. where they can do real harm.

Reactions: 4GX
What does that even mean in local/city government. He is not going to defund the police. The people, almost all people, black, white, rich and poor, will not stand for it. Affordable housing is another matter. Much of the issue on the westside is a result of well off, absentee landlords, many of which live in Delhi and Green Township and probably consider themselves "conservatives".

Other than hobbling the police, which they will not do, there is little a "liberal' can do in city government, virtue signaling aside. So they will rail against abortion limits and people who conceal carry. Maybe they will paint another road bed mural for people to drive, walk, spit and sh_t on. So, what? Other than spouting off about it and passing some meaningless resolutions, they can do nothing, and certainly nothing of substance.

So, some of them are backed by Soros and Bern? Good, that means they are unlikely to make it to Columbus and D.C. where they can do real harm.
Affab was backed by groups supported by Soros and The Bern. I have no idea if those groups backed any of the Council Candidates who were Elected. I’m with you on the people won’t stand for defund the Police. However Issue 3 (I think) was Voted down. That had the Recall for the Mayor involved in it. Redirecting Resources could result in defunding a different area of the Department. How do City residents get rid of the Mayor over things they just won’t and shouldn’t stand for?

My wife and I looked at many sights for information about each of the candidates. The league for women voters site was eye opening. Go read what all of the candidates for mayor, city council and school board believe in. I will be very surprised if the whole city doesn't turn into a HELL-hole. I believe that there will be "green" flight ($$$$$$$$$$.$$). People who can leave, will leave. The vast majority of the candidates are far left, "defund the police", social justice "warriors."
The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Have you seen what Aftab ran on? He is as liberal as it gets and has 8Ds to go along with him. There is zero checks and balances at this stage. The people who have the means to move will move unless they have the conviction of Mojo (which is super rare) or vote D themselves.
Like the "D's" that currently have control of White House, Senate, and House-- those "D's" that have zero checks and balances? Are you advocating for moving out of the US, as a result of that condition?

There have been Democrats controlling the Cincinnati City Council for how many years now? Why is this new slate so much more dangerous than those previous Democratic-controlled councils? Seems overwrought...

It’s not great, but I’d hit pause on the panic button. The city is still culturally conservative and a Dem in Cincinnati is not the same as a Dem in Minneapolis, Seattle or Portland.
A Dem in Minneapolis is not the same as a Dem in Seattle or Portland (or San Francisco)... people here have a very distorted view of what Minneapolis' citizens believe and support.

Pureval receives big money from out of the area too. Scotty Johnson newly elected Council Member and Retired CPD Member and former Sentinel President was quoted as saying “not defund” the Police but “Redirect” resources is what he read in Pureval’s public safety plan. How does CPD “redirect” resources when they are down at least 100 street cops? Heard Dan Hills say he went to Roll Call one day last week at D3 and there were only 6 actual Policemen/Street Cops there for that Shift. 6 street Cops on a shift in D3 have literally no chance to meet the call for service demand in that District.
If Dan Hills (or ANY police union head) is your source for information, you instantly become a non-credible source of (accurate) information... one immediately wonders how many cops that particular district was down, because of those who have decided they'd rather quit, retire, or call in sick, than get vaccinated against Covid-19.

Bottom line: Is it unsafe to walk or drive the streets in District 3? I can't say that I've ever felt that to be the case.

You saying the FOP Union leader is lying about the low numbers at a Roll Call and overall on the Streets? I was just sent a picture that Pureval is off to Vegas. Gonna celebrate his big win I reckon.
The FOP Union leader lies in public on a regular basis; a whole series of them have made that their standard practice.

Is Pureval in office yet? If not, why do you CARE where he is spending his time at the moment? Is there some prohibition on people using their personal time to celebrate their career successes? No one you know, like, and respect has ever taken a vacation trip to Las Vegas (or elsewhere, for that matter)?