Predictions: Year 2007 Ohio Volleyball Official Thread

East beat Seneca Valley. How can they be placed 2 spots ahead?
Should be:
1. Moe
2. Lasalle
3. Elder
4. East
5. Seneca Val

Really? Wow, that shocks me, I must have left before that happened. I played against both East and Seneca, and I thought Seneca Valley was much better, but maybe East had a bad game or Seneca had a really good game.

Anyone who thinks that Centerville will not be one of the top teams in the state is forgetting that although they lost a lot to graduation, and their top outside to injury this year, there are always good kids behind them. That's what makes them a great program. Who knows if they will be top 2-3 in the state like last year, or if they actually have a chance to win states, but they only have to be in the top 2 of their region to make it to states, and making it to states means you are in the top 8 out of 70 teams. I bet for the 62 other teams that sounds sweet.

Westerville North is a decent team who should set their goals higher. Losing to Elder by 6 or 7 is a lot, especially only going to 21.

Westerville North is a decent team who should set their goals higher. Losing to Elder by 6 or 7 is a lot, especially only going to 21.

I agree, and our goals are extremely high for our team this year. We plan to do big things but I know for a fact that almost everyone else on the floor was intimidated by Elder just because of the name. If we played them next week I think our mindset would be completely different. We can hang with them I know that for sure.

Anyone who thinks that Centerville will not be one of the top teams in the state is forgetting that although they lost a lot to graduation, and their top outside to injury this year, there are always good kids behind them. That's what makes them a great program. Who knows if they will be top 2-3 in the state like last year, or if they actually have a chance to win states, but they only have to be in the top 2 of their region to make it to states, and making it to states means you are in the top 8 out of 70 teams. I bet for the 62 other teams that sounds sweet.

yeah and there is no possible way that centerville will lose in their region. They have not lost talent to lose their region.

yeah and there is no possible way that centerville will lose in their region. They have not lost talent to lose their region.

They definitely are one of the 2 best teams in their region. However, I don't think they will be as dominant among Dayton schools this year as they have been in the past due to their down year and many other programs getting better. So while they should make state, I wouldn't be as surprised to see them get upset in the regional tourney.

Watch out for Lakota East and West in the West region!! East came in third at St. Chucks and West has a lot of young talent this year!!!

They definitely are one of the 2 best teams in their region. However, I don't think they will be as dominant among Dayton schools this year as they have been in the past due to their down year and many other programs getting better. So while they should make state, I wouldn't be as surprised to see them get upset in the regional tourney.

what other teams will stand up to them in the region, fairborn is really over rated and thats the only one i can think of that will probably be regional runner up to centerville

what other teams will stand up to them in the region, fairborn is really over rated and thats the only one i can think of that will probably be regional runner up to centerville

Lakota East isn't too bad. Some of th GCL North schools are improving (CJ and Alter). Fairborn isn't bad. Again, Centerville should beat all these teams, but I think the gap between Centerville and everybody else is smaller this year, leaving a possibility for an upset.

I agree, and our goals are extremely high for our team this year. We plan to do big things but I know for a fact that almost everyone else on the floor was intimidated by Elder just because of the name. If we played them next week I think our mindset would be completely different. We can hang with them I know that for sure.

Elder played horribly all weekend... If the two teams were to meet in a full length match not on the first day of the season, Elder would win by 15 every game... If you look at the game the majority of westerville's points were scored on missed serves or hits by elder, purely mental mistakes which teams are quite prone to on the first weekend of the season and another match up would not be anywhere near as close