Pre-season scrimmages

Good call! July scrimmages are tough to gauge with vacations, nationals, ecnl playoffs, GA playoffs, etc...

I guess we can get a better Gauge come August.

Saw the Wadsworth girls @ Lake over the w/e.......they dominated that scrimmage tourney.......but as noted, who knows what players the various teams are missing for any number of reasons.

Watched the Braves play at the Mariemont showcase a couple weeks back so traveled down Miami rd. to watch. Watched games before and after they played. Indian Hill as expected not what they were but they could be ok. They will not be great. Mariemont looked ok, not great either. Watched all but one of their full games as well. Maxfield on Mercy McAuley absolutely controlled possession but wasn't finishing as a team they looked the best as a whole. Nobody they played had an answer for her size and dribble. Erbach on Waynesville dominated. I think 6 or 7 goals and 4 or 5 assists in just the 3 halves I saw. But who know what these teams are fielding right now as someone said. Vacations, playoffs, college ID camps...Well know more in 3-4 weeks who's looking good and who's not.

I watched Indian Hill v Granville last night. I have no way of knowing if either team was at full strength. Granville totally dominated the first half scoring three goals to zero for Indian Hill. It should have been 6-0 as Granville had some other really good looks that were botched.

The second half was much more balanced. Indian Hill scored two break-away goals by their best player. Granville scored once more to make the final 4-2.

It was nice to see this quality of play during a scrimmage. Granville looked to be ready for post season play. They looked to have a slight speed advantage on the Braves. Indian Hill had some issues with their goalie making some unfortunate decisions that lead to a couple of the Granville goals.

I watched Indian Hill v Granville last night. I have no way of knowing if either team was at full strength. Granville totally dominated the first half scoring three goals to zero for Indian Hill. It should have been 6-0 as Granville had some other really good looks that were botched.

The second half was much more balanced. Indian Hill scored two break-away goals by their best player. Granville scored once more to make the final 4-2.

It was nice to see this quality of play during a scrimmage. Granville looked to be ready for post season play. They looked to have a slight speed advantage on the Braves. Indian Hill had some issues with their goalie making some unfortunate decisions that lead to a couple of the Granville goals.
The Braves keeper is a great kid. But also made some interesting decisions at the Mariemont tournament that cost a goal. At this point the teams should be pretty close to accurate rostering but most are just working on team dynamic, positions and formations. Often subs play more in scrimmages than they will in actual games.

The Braves only lost 1 senior but she was the biggest part of their defense. They have talent and should be OK, but I don't see this being a great year for them in the post season. Especially with Mercy McAuley and Waynesville joining D2 locally and having high quality returning programs Wyoming, Summit, Monroe, Oakwood and Tipp.

Good luck to Granville this year. Scrimmage or not, Indian Hill does not get 4 goals scored on them very often.

CCD 2
Ross 2

Weird format of quarters though, not a straight 2 40 minute halves. CCD was up 2-0 until the last quarter.

Beavercreek - 9
Hamilton -0
Wow, Hamilton has fallen. Creek could of won 15-0. Creek is good but this was lopsided from the start.

Waynesville 3
Wyoming 2

Wyoming scored both off set pieces, during an odd after season has started scrimmage for Waynesville who has played 2 actual games already.

Last edited:
Actually a really good showing for Wyoming who played the first 12 minutes and last 12 minutes with 5 starters sitting. Wyoming was banged up so they limited their starter minutes quite a bit. Waynesville has a few absolute burners on the wings.