Playoffs R1: #7 Elder(5-5) vs. #10 Colerain(5-5)

Now it’s starting to come down harder. Still, there’s been plenty of games that have had way worse conditions than this. 2015 at X and 2017 at LS come to mind.

Somewhat lucky, it’s normally 10 degrees colder this time of year. Being moderately warm at least makes this tolerable

Surprised how well E is moving the ball, but the D needs to get things figured out. They look lost.

Colerain coach needs to start playing Madden to figure out how to use time outs. Didnt use any at the end of the half when they let Elder bleed the clock and the end of game management has been beyond brutal

Great game. Tons of momentum swings. 1st qtr looked like Colerain was going to roll. Elder really took over in the 2nd qtr & 1st half of the 3rd qtr. However, after that Offensive PI stalled their drive, Colerain had control until that 4th down completion to Flowers late in 4th Qtr.

I was worried not going for 2 and the win at the end of the 2nd OT would bite them in the a**, thought the D was spent. Glad I was wrong.

What really surprised me is that Colerain didn't go for two in OT. Their kicker lived on the edge all night and their offense is designed to get 3-4 yards a pop.

What really surprised me is that Colerain didn't go for two in OT. Their kicker lived on the edge all night and their offense is designed to get 3-4 yards a pop.
Did Elder tip the PAT in the first OT? Elder also got lucky on some of those PATs, the last 2 snaps were low and Colerain had a strong push all night on those PATs.

Did Elder tip the PAT in the first OT? Elder also got lucky on some of those PATs, the last 2 snaps were low and Colerain had a strong push all night on those PATs.
The last PAT in OT 3, the snap was really high. Great job by the holder to get all of the balls down for Mauer to kick it through.

The last PAT in OT 3, the snap was really high. Great job by the holder to get all of the balls down for Mauer to kick it through.
I should’ve said they were off. I can’t remember a game where every PAT felt like it could be blocked.

Also, change the PI rule inside the 20. It needs to be an automatic 1st Down no matter what. I know I’m repeating myself, but why wouldn’t DBs maul the WRs if they’re only going to lose 5 yards and keep the down the same?

Great game Elder. I'm also not sure why Colerain didn't go for 2 at the end of the 1st OT.....With Colerain having atrocious special teams and every longsnap and kick being an adventure this year....trying to out-duel a strong Elder offense at the Pit....and setting up to play a St. X team that smoked Colerain 42-0 In the first half earlier in the year.......theres just no way I dont go for 2 in the 1st OT.....50/50 odds are far better IMO

What happened at the end of the 3rd? Did that pass hit the ground?
From my POV with a clear line of sight behind the play, it hit the ground. That said, I think Elder caught a break on the PF penalty in the 3rd OT. IMO, Re got hit while still in bounds but his momentum was going towards the sideline, so it looked worse than it was.

Also, change the PI rule inside the 20. It needs to be an automatic 1st Down no matter what. I know I’m repeating myself, but why wouldn’t DBs maul the WRs if they’re only going to lose 5 yards and keep the down the same?
Even if the rule is changed to be an automatic first down for DPI in the end zone, it would be an improvement. Remove the incentive for DBs to interfere on any pass in the end zone.

Definitely hit the ground.
The PI rule in high school is silly.
Especially when Offensive PI in the Red Zone is still 15 yards. The application of the rule is completely one sided. I know it’s not technically how officials are supposed to call games, but IMO a PI penalty in the RZ should be blatant to be called. It just so happens bc the impact on the Defense is negligible, it often is blatant.