PLAYOFF CHAMPS ONLY

Walsh won a playoff title in football in 1999.
I remember the season started poorly losing to Elder in blowout fashion.
They won 13 games in a row to win the D2 Championship. The last 2 games were very close. The Warriors beat Lake 14-10 with a nice comeback and rallied again to beat Southview 19-18.

The year before Walsh lost to De Sales by 7 points in the D3 Championship.

2010 St Eds 15-0

after many years of having great teams and losing a few close title games the 2010 team broke through.

On a snowy night at Tom Benson stadium they played Braxton Miller who was Vince youngish and almost single handily won that game.

prob the biggest OLine and Dline ever put together in Ohio the talent in the trenches was unmatched.

That team set the tone for the program and what was to come for years.

2020 Division IV State Championship
Van Wert came back from 21-7 down against Mentor Lake Catholic to win 31-28. VW made a game winning FG with 9 seconds left to win a great game between two great teams in a rain storm.
Loved seeing it live. That was the game that influenced LCs' closing.

Last edited:
One of the most exciting comebacks ever, Mogadore over St. Henry in triple overtime. Mogadore trailed at one point 35-3. Won on a field goal 61-58....1996 state championship at Massillon Paul Brown Tiger Stadium. Seemed like the entire village was at the stadium that day. Never gave up, and the party went on all weekend!! What a ride home from Massillon that day!!

One of the most exciting comebacks ever, Mogadore over St. Henry in triple overtime. Mogadore trailed at one point 35-3. Won on a field goal 61-58....1996 state championship at Massillon Paul Brown Tiger Stadium. Seemed like the entire village was at the stadium that day. Never gave up, and the party went on all weekend!! What a ride home from Massillon that day!!
Another amazing Champion.

1996 was fascinating. Mogadore's comeback win on top of Lima Senior and Fostoria upset wins over St. Ignatius and Buchtel, respectively

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

This past year when massie came back from 21 down to win the DIV state title. I don’t think many gave them a chance down 3 scores nearing the end of the 3rd qtr. especially being a running team.
I turned it off late in the 3rd. Ursuline will never get over that one.

That was one of the best and most enjoyable games I have ever watched. Awesome game.

I forget what year it was but Hillard Davidson beat Glenville. I think Davidson had the ball on about their own 30 with something like 2 min left on the clock and I thought no way Davidson can win this game because they only threw like 6 passes all year total and wouldn't you know they go 68 yards in one play to about the 2 yard line and take it in from there.

I forget what year it was but Hillard Davidson beat Glenville. I think Davidson had the ball on about their own 30 with something like 2 min left on the clock and I thought no way Davidson can win this game because they only threw like 6 passes all year total and wouldn't you know they go 68 yards in one play to about the 2 yard line and take it in from there.
That was 2009 and a painful memory as a Coffman fan. We were undefeated and beat the cats in the regular season. We had incredible talent. But in the playoffs the coaching disparity reared it’s head and Davidson beat us 22-7. A thorough whipping and I think the beginning of the end of any hopes that Coffman could ever compete at the state level under the current staff.

2009. Going in, I thought one of two things would happen. One, the talent disparity would show and Glenville would win easily. Two, if the Wildcats could be in range in the 4th quarter, they would find a way to get the job done. Fortunately it was the latter.