Players to watch in the EOAC

Other non football schools include Lordstown, Bristol, Badger, Bloomfield, Maplewood and somebody else I'm missing
Did any of these schools ever have football at one time, or have they always been non-football? I don't think Lordstown ever had football, just not sure about the rest.

I vaguely remember C-View playing them in basketball in the district semi's at Canton back in the 86-87 season, so they definitely had b-ball at some point if they don't anymore.
They still have a basketball team I believe I don’t think they’ve been good for a long time tho

My knowledge is back to the early 00’s for them and I don’t remember them having one, always soccer and cross country seemed to be their thing
I had a coworker who graduated from Maplewood early 90s. He said there was no football when he was in school and no knowledge of football ever. There was some interest in getting football back then, but it never picked up enough steam. Just as Buckeye elite said, the school was soccer and especially cross country. They've produced some good CC teams and had a lot of very strong track middle and long distance runners. They've either won state or come close their fair share.

The last I heard it was cancelled with no make-up. Maybe that changes where they get special permission to play during the playoffs and both schools are either eliminated or do not qualify. But for right now, I believe it is dead.

Pepper Pike Orange? Who and where is that?

The EOAC went 3-3 last night with Southern, United and Valley Christian all winning. Pretty much the teams that are the contenders for the league title. I thought Lowellville might blow out Columbiana...the Clippers just don't have the game breakers lately. EP suffered another bad loss, and Lisbon loss to Windham. I'm not sure how good Windham is, so I don't know whether that was a respectable loss for the Blue Devils.

The EOAC went 3-3 last night with Southern, United and Valley Christian all winning. Pretty much the teams that are the contenders for the league title. I thought Lowellville might blow out Columbiana...the Clippers just don't have the game breakers lately. EP suffered another bad loss, and Lisbon loss to Windham. I'm not sure how good Windham is, so I don't know whether that was a respectable loss for the Blue Devils.
Pepper Pike is a suburb SE of Cleveland right off of I-271. It's still a rather wealthy suburb surrounded by other wealthy suburbs (Gates Mills, Hunting Valley, Beachwood, and Chagrin Falls), but there is also a stock of rental property in the district.

Pepper Pike is a suburb SE of Cleveland right off of I-271. It's still a rather wealthy suburb surrounded by other wealthy suburbs (Gates Mills, Hunting Valley, Beachwood, and Chagrin Falls), but there is also a stock of rental property in the district.
If I recall correctly their facilities are very nice. The gym in particular is a gem

I had a coworker who graduated from Maplewood early 90s. He said there was no football when he was in school and no knowledge of football ever. There was some interest in getting football back then, but it never picked up enough steam. Just as Buckeye elite said, the school was soccer and especially cross country. They've produced some good CC teams and had a lot of very strong track middle and long distance runners. They've either won state or come close their fair share.
I'm also unaware of any football history at Maplewood HS. Cross Country on the other hand, is a whole different matter.
Boys XC has:
- 38 state meet appearances as a team which is tied for 3rd most in OHSAA history, including 20 in a row from 1990-2009.
- 7 state team championships which is tied for 3rd most alongside cross-county archrival McDonald. The Rockets also have 6 team runner-up trophies.
- 4 individual state championships coming from 3 different runners.

Girls XC has:
- 10 state meet appearances as a team.
- 1 individual state championship which came from a freshman in 2020.

There has been plenty of track and field success for both programs as well.

Why no football? I don't know, but the fact that many of the neighboring districts also either don't have football or struggle to field a team probably makes the school feel less pressure to offer the sport.

According to the Salem newspaper Windham had about 300 yards rushing to Lisbon 50 or so. The Jones brothers are pretty athletic for Windham. Lisbon scored their 2nd TD with seconds left in the game. I wouldnt call getting dominated by Windham a respectable loss.

Will either Wellsville or Leetonia be allowed to play this week? I believe one school I heard that cancelled in week one also cancelled week two due to the 10 day quarantine period set by the school.

Will either Wellsville or Leetonia be allowed to play this week? I believe one school I heard that cancelled in week one also cancelled week two due to the 10 day quarantine period set by the school.
Wellsville is cancelled already I heard