Players to watch in the EOAC

Just throwing some names out on memory for this really.

EP - Bistarkey, Shasteen, and Lipp
Lisbon - Siefke, Colvin, L. Stauffer
Valley - (Admittedly don't know much about them) I know the Battista kid is back at QB
Wellsville - Greathouse, Krzyston twins
Columbiana - Kocanjer
Southern - Exline, Perfetto, Shagnot
Leetonia - Cibula, Guido, McCool
United - Urmson, Marshall, Knight

It'll be interesting to see how the league shakes out next season. Everyone should get a full off season, but a couple teams lose some pretty big senior classes. Spaite always has his teams ready to compete and there's no denying Wright's ability to have his teams prepared the last few years. United loses a couple great players, but also has a great nucleus coming back. I think the biggest question mark for everyone is what Hake will do up at Valley.

I think Southern has to be the favorite. Valley will contend for it too, however. I have no idea what United has, but I know they lsta lot and should be rebuilding. I know Columbiana is down again and numbers are low. Leetonia falls off without a Ferry on the roster. Lisbon and EP will be the bottom of the league again. Wellsville is the unknown. Always talent there, but poorly coached the last 5-6 years. They win games they shouldnt and lose games they shouldnt, just no consistency.

EP will be the bottom of the league again.

They'll be at the bottom until things change with OE and numbers. Hard to believe EP was competing on the same field with a couple D4 schools 4 years ago, putting up huge game numbers and was a playoff team 2015 and 2017. They need to stop the OE loss and start recruiting the halls more. OE claimed one of the best basketball players last couple years.

I think Southern has to be the favorite. Valley will contend for it too, however. I have no idea what United has, but I know they lsta lot and should be rebuilding. I know Columbiana is down again and numbers are low. Leetonia falls off without a Ferry on the roster. Lisbon and EP will be the bottom of the league again. Wellsville is the unknown. Always talent there, but poorly coached the last 5-6 years. They win games they shouldnt and lose games they shouldnt, just no consistency.
Why is Southern the favorite I think they will only have 3 seniors very young

Why is Southern the favorite I think they will only have 3 seniors very young

Returning favorites usually are until someone knocks them off. The whole league is young right now, I believe...Like I said before, curious to see how Hake does at VC and how Wellsville is coached up this year.

They'll be at the bottom until things change with OE and numbers. Hard to believe EP was competing on the same field with a couple D4 schools 4 years ago, putting up huge game numbers and was a playoff team 2015 and 2017. They need to stop the OE loss and start recruiting the halls more. OE claimed one of the best basketball players last couple years.

This is the truth. Its a damn shame what OE is doing to that HS right now.

This is the truth. Its a damn shame what OE is doing to that HS right now.
Although low numbers isn't just a haunt here, it's at several other districts as well. The real issue is the continuous OE loss to districts that grade less on state reports and have bullying issues as well. Some are athletic in reason, which opens that "recruited" issue I've so often complained about.

Although low numbers isn't just a haunt here, it's at several other districts as well. The real issue is the continuous OE loss to districts that grade less on state reports and have bullying issues as well. Some are athletic in reason, which opens that "recruited" issue I've so often complained about.

From what I've heard, most are "athletic" transfers.

Having a home grown team is a thing of the past at many area districts. Nothing like a BOE watching other schools recruit athletes from your school, while your BOE just sits, watches and does nothing.

Gotta be frustrating for EP fans...No reason that school shouldnt compete athletically year in and year out. Unless someone else is stealing your athletes...

OE isn't going anywhere. Local schools need to figure out how to make their schools so attractive that families won't think about leaving. Kids are still going to leave no matter what though. That is just the way it is. Honestly there is no reason all schools don't go OE at this point.

OE isn't going anywhere. Local schools need to figure out how to make their schools so attractive that families won't think about leaving. Kids are still going to leave no matter what though. That is just the way it is. Honestly there is no reason all schools don't go OE at this point.

Don't disagree, but easy for a private school fan to say that...you've thrived on it for years. EP is a fine town, no reason kids should be leaving in masses still. I know there was rough patch in the earlier 2000's, but if they mainatin numbers in the elementasry schools, they'l be fine down the road. Even at Columbaian, our OE numbers are down. We're not getting as manya s we used to. I think, atleast in this county, these numbers are stabilizing all over, and kids are staying where they're supposed to be. Just takes time for that to reflect in athetics.

Stay in your lane Jaws. You have no room to speak about recruiting.

Don't disagree, but easy for a private school fan to say that...you've thrived on it for years. EP is a fine town, no reason kids should be leaving in masses still. I know there was rough patch in the earlier 2000's, but if they mainatin numbers in the elementasry schools, they'l be fine down the road. Even at Columbaian, our OE numbers are down. We're not getting as manya s we used to. I think, atleast in this county, these numbers are stabilizing all over, and kids are staying where they're supposed to be. Just takes time for that to reflect in athetics.

This crap has been going on since 2005. NO, no they are not staying in respective districts. Who told you that? Look at your neighbor and the one down by Beaver Creek. When a district loses roughly 20 per class for sanctimonious reasons, you have a problem, not with education, but with other issues that should not be, athletics is one of the bigger reasons. Again, lack of remedy is the key, you cannot sit and watch a thief, if you do, you are part of the problem.

Stay in your lane Jaws. You have no room to speak about recruiting.
I know it's pointless to even respond to you but someone with some sense might actually read this and get it. If girl after girl after girl keeps dumping you its probably a good idea to look in the mirror and figure out what you're doing wrong. Rather than blaming everyone else, fix the problem in house. No one steals kids from EP, they leave. There have to be reasons why.

I know it's pointless to even respond to you but someone with some sense might actually read this and get it. If girl after girl after girl keeps dumping you its probably a good idea to look in the mirror and figure out what you're doing wrong. Rather than blaming everyone else, fix the problem in house. No one steals kids from EP, they leave. There have to be reasons why.
Bulldog1974 has already addressed this in a previous post. Their BOE is sitting on their hands and watching their kids leave without making the changes needed to entice their kids to stay.

Bulldog1974 and I have discussed the overall decline in enrollment in our county several times. I think right now, we are seeing the results of the continued job loss in our area, and with GM Lordstown closing, it might get worse before it gets better. However, EP has an opportunity to capitalize on the cracker plant down in Monaca if they play their cards right. But if we don't see any long-term job opportunities pop-up in our area soon, the state may very well begin to discuss combining districts........but that's a whole other discussion.

[/QUO
Bulldog1974 has already addressed this in a previous post. Their BOE is sitting on their hands and watching their kids leave without making the changes needed to entice their kids to stay.

What kind of changes? We had a 7 on 7 there two seasons ago and it was wonderful set up. Stadium is great turf is pretty new, decent weight room for D6. What’s gonna entice kids to stay? Get rid of Foster? He’s a great dude but all that matters is W and L.

Pointless to try to educate someone with an elementary education such as you, proof of private athleticism recruiting.

Last edited:
Bulldog1974 and I have discussed the overall decline in enrollment in our county several times. I think right now, we are seeing the results of the continued job loss in our area, and with GM Lordstown closing, it might get worse before it gets better. However, EP has an opportunity to capitalize on the cracker plant down in Monaca if they play their cards right. But if we don't see any long-term job opportunities pop-up in our area soon, the state may very well begin to discuss combining districts........but that's a whole other discussion.
Yes, we have. 11 districts in a small county. Other than pride, why are so many needed?

I think Bulldog's frustration stems from the BOE not resolving the issue of why kids are leaving. He has stated that many times.

Bulldog - I've told you before that I have heard EP lower level numbers are higher than the HS numbers. Kids at the elementary, for the most part, are staying. Kids at the HS are not. Obviously, this is athetically related, but if the school can find and remedy why those kids are leaving, they may be able to get the current batch of elemetary kids to say there.

Bulldog - I've told you before that I have heard EP lower level numbers are higher than the HS numbers. Kids at the elementary, for the most part, are staying. Kids at the HS are not. Obviously, this is athetically related, but if the school can find and remedy why those kids are leaving, they may be able to get the current batch of elemetary kids to say there.

Possibly, I've heard similar, but about 200 still say otherwise. 200 is quite a chunk of local money going to someone else.

Gotta be frustrating for EP fans...No reason that school shouldnt compete athletically year in and year out. Unless someone else is stealing your athletes...
Which schools are getting all their players? Crestview maybe? There should never be an issue who valley brings in since most will be Youngstown kids or the surrounding schools like boardman rejects who go for more playing time. OE is here to stay I do wish they did some changes to it, but that’s hard with so many loop holes in the system

C
Which schools are getting all their players? Crestview maybe? There should never be an issue who valley brings in since most will be Youngstown kids or the surrounding schools like boardman rejects who go for more playing time. OE is here to stay I do wish they did some changes to it, but that’s hard with so many loop holes in the system
C-View, Columbiana, for sure. Springfield, Beaver, maybe.