Players association in active talks with players about logistics of potentially boycotting games

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
The NBA Players Association executive committee is in active discussions with players who are seeking guidance on the logistics of potentially boycotting games, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

An assembly, organized by players who are emotionally traumatized by the latest police-involved shooting of an African American that was captured on video, was held Tuesday night at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, sources said, and there were multiple conversations about what actions could be taken throughout the day.

I don’t understand what leverage they think they have. The ratings have plummeted and almost everyone watching, agrees with their politics. Who are they trying influence?
I just feel like they all need a bunch of attention constantly. Damn, just play ball. Like you said, they aren't really accomplishing anything

Last edited:
The NBA is considering ending their season? I wasnt aware they were playing! Well, OK, was aware but hadn't watched a minute of it.

Even tho pro basketball isnt my favorite form of the game, I would watch if my sensibilities were not constantly being insulted and assaulted in the process.

Wokeness is going to be the end of sports as we knew them.

The NBA players pride themselves on being social justice warriors -but where on they with the oppression on the Chinese people. Only social justice warriors when it fits there narrative. The Chinese money speaks volumes - the price you pay to be a mercenary.

I just feel like they all need a bunch of attention constantly. Damn, just play ball. Like you said, they aren't really accomplishing anything
Bet you’d be crying like a baby if the NFL followed suit. Just like you cry about not being able to attend a HS football game. When things don’t go your way you cry like the baby you are. Good for these players in standing up for centuries of oppression. I hope they boycott lasts longer but it seems as though it will end soon. You are the problem with our country. I’m sure you have a great response to justify your racism though. Cannot wait to hear it.

Last edited:
Bet you’d be crying like a baby if the NFL followed suit. Just like you cry about not being able to attend a HS football game. When things don’t go your way you cry like the baby you are. Good for these players in standing up for centuries of oppression. I hope they boycott lasts longer but it seems as though it will end soon. You are the problem with our country. I’m sure you have a great response to justify your racism though. Cannot wait to hear it.
LMFAO. You don't even know what you are talking about. If you only knew. I guess because I like football, and the NFL, better than basketball, and the NBA, Im a racist. Get lost.

I wonder if the same people that get upset because these guys aren't "sticking to sports" also get upset when folks like Dana White insert themselves into the political discussion with a right-wing or pro-Trump viewpoint? I seriously doubt it.

I don't really care for all of the political theater, but I'll still watch if a good game is on...and all of the political crap seems like background theater to me because I'm focused on the game and not the politics. If anyone is so butthurt by the left-wing political theater that it ruins their viewing experience, they should just vote with their wallet, ignore it, and don't tune in.

LMFAO. You don't even know what you are talking about. If you only knew. I guess because I like football, and the NFL, better than basketball, and the NBA, Im a racist. Get lost.
????? your reading comprehension seems extremely low. I said you’d be crying like a baby if the NFL boycotted just as you are about the NBA. That has nothing to do with anyone being racist just a crybaby. Other comments you make on this site show that you are racist. I’m excited to see your response. You bring a lot to the table

????? your reading comprehension seems extremely low. I said you’d be crying like a baby if the NFL boycotted just as you are about the NBA. That has nothing to do with anyone being racist just a crybaby. Other comments you make on this site show that you are racist. I’m excited to see your response. You bring a lot to the table
What did I say racist? That is all you are doing is assuming. In fact I have friends of different cultures. You seem damn judgemental

Last edited:
What did I say racist?
Your direct quote from above “Damn, just play ball. Like you said, they aren't really accomplishing anything”
Just play ball means entertain me! I know you don’t think that is racist but given what is currently going on in our country and the large percentage of black athletes in most professional leagues that statement is racist. Learn the history of our country and you would have a better understanding how offensive that comment is. Great talk. High five.

Your direct quote from above “Damn, just play ball. Like you said, they aren't really accomplishing anything”
Just play ball means entertain me! I know you don’t think that is racist but given what is currently going on in our country and the large percentage of black athletes in most professional leagues that statement is racist. Learn the history of our country and you would have a better understanding how offensive that comment is. Great talk. High five.
Play ball, meaning I don't feel they are accomplishing anything by boycotting not playing the games. Stop being a douche bag

[
Well sorry you took it wrong. Don't be so damn sensitive. If they don't want to play, then don't play. Last I seen there are white guys playing in the NBA too
there we go. by saying I’m sensitive to your comments Is well played. I hope that allows you to sleep better at night. way to justify your racism. well done

Play ball, meaning I don't feel they are accomplishing anything by boycotting not playing the games. Stop being a douche bag
Why did you add this on to your comment later? “That is all you are doing is assuming. In fact I have friends of different cultures. You seem damn judgemental”

why did you post on the nba site? You don’t care about the league but want to remark on its boycott to support BLM but not racist? Want to call me sensitive for calling you out? Get out of here. I don’t need to name call or try to shame like you do. Take care bud. I feel bad for you.

Again if you only knew. You started it. See ya.
Actually you commented on the thread first. If only I knew huh. Knew what? How racist you actually are? Yeah it would probably make me more frustrated. Again keep justifying your stance. Hold your ground. Makes you feel like a real man similar to the cop who knees on George Floyd’s next and shot Jacob Blake in the back. My apologies those guys weren’t racist. They had friends of different cultures as well. ??‍♂️

Actually you commented on the thread first. If only I knew huh. Knew what? How racist you actually are? Yeah it would probably make me more frustrated. Again keep justifying your stance. Hold your ground. Makes you feel like a real man similar to the cop who knees on George Floyd’s next and shot Jacob Blake in the back. My apologies those guys weren’t racist. They had friends of different cultures as well. ??‍♂️
Sorry how you feel for taking things the wrong way. But you have gone overboard for one comment I made.

Sorry how you feel for taking things the wrong way. But you have gone overboard for one comment I made.
Yes my apologies for taking your racists remarks out of context. Way to justify your insensitive comments. Well played

Yes my apologies for taking your racists remarks out of context. Way to justify your insensitive comments. Well played
I did not say it in racist way, you are the one taking it that way. Boycotting a game, is not getting nothing done, for the situations that are happening