Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Very Pirates to lose a series to the Reds then turn around and blank one of the best teams in the league

Quintana has been surprisingly great. Hopefully he can keep it up and net a good trade

The Pirates appear to be far and away the worst team in the league. It’s too bad MLB can’t do something and make Nutting sell to someone who wouldn’t be a deadbeat owner.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

going to check out pnc park this weekend......any suggestions in the area? never been to pittsburgh.

jtk
()

Pirates activating 2018 1st Round pick OF Travis Swaggerty for todays game. Let’s see what he’s got.

Back to four under .500 with a favorable 2-gamer against the Tigers starting Tuesday. Would be nice to be around .500 for the ASB. Not where I thought this team would be this year

although i really despise the sports teams.......pnc park is an excellent venue and the city has some really good night life, restaurants and history. I would definitely go back to pittsburgh again.

jtk
()

although i really despise the sports teams.......pnc park is an excellent venue and the city has some really good night life, restaurants and history. I would definitely go back to pittsburgh again.

jtk
()
You don’t like the Pens? Lol, glad you enjoyed yourself.

Jack Suwinski hits 3 hrs including the walkoff leads all rookies with 11. Also No. 1 prospect ONeal Cruz has been called up..likely this time for good.

Last edited:
Like what I’m seeing from the young guys. Do you believe the Bucs got O.Cruz from the Dodgers for Tony Watson? Is Watson still in the league?

Watson retired.

Cruz is a freak of nature. People that tall never have the agility this guy has. You have to assume LA had low confidence he'd actually work out as a SS.

Watson retired.

Cruz is a freak of nature. People that tall never have the agility this guy has. You have to assume LA had low confidence he'd actually work out as a SS.
LA was in love with Lux as their SS of the future and also have a kid named Vargas that will replace Turner/Muncy by next year at 3B. Pirates should feel great about having Cruz, kid will be amazing.

wondering how many first year guys we have up and playing almost every day. i know the Indians are the youngest team in the league. we can't be far off.

Cruz and Suwinski seem locked in but the team is doing their typical prospect dance. Mitchell was sent down a couple days ago. Marcano is on a “post-Covid IL rehab assignment”, something I don’t think I’ve ever seen before. They refuse to promote Bae and favor mediocre guys like Chang, Park, and Vanmeter presumably in hopes of getting something out of the them. Maybe in August will we see the full youth movement in action.

They did bring up Miguel Yajure for last night’s game. He pitched alright. Went only 4 but gave up 1. He’s been a major disappointment in my eyes. He showed a lot of promise a couple years ago.

Last edited:
There is a stat for everything. Bucs first team to have 3 DIFFERENT players hit 3 HRs in game in the same month.

I think ONeil Cruz Is going to be really special. I wonder if the Pirates will play him at SS long term.