Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

I'll be happy if the dont have the worst record in MLB. No Marte, Dyson is on the back nine. Too many quality pitchers not pitching.

Taillon being out definitely hurts but Archer was a major bust. That trade will go down as an all-time worst, maybe THE all-time worst.

Pirates with the worst record in the Major leagues. The majority of the lineup below the Mendoza line, urine poor pitching, no closer after Nightmare proved to be a subhuman. The puzzling thing is the starting lineup in 19 had, outside of the catching position, decent batting average.

Pirates with the worst record in the Major leagues. The majority of the lineup below the Mendoza line, urine poor pitching, no closer after Nightmare proved to be a subhuman. The puzzling thing is the starting lineup in 19 had, outside of the catching position, decent batting average.
Yeah it’s really about pitching. No legit number one or number two starter. I lost track what happened to Williams?

Taillon being out definitely hurts but Archer was a major bust. That trade will go down as an all-time worst, maybe THE all-time worst.
This had me googling 'worst trade in pirate history. And somebody (cant remember who) listed this the 2nd worst. Potentially being the worst as long as the trajectory of Meadows and Glasnow keeps going up. I was pretty happy when they got him in 18. By the middle of last year I was hoping this dude could eke out 5 innings without multiple crooked number innings

Well maybe now the Bucs won’t set the record for all time worst winning %. They need to win at least 15 games, almost halfway there

Lose twice to the Wsox and win both on DH v Cards. So not concerned they won’t win 15 I’d say the over under is 21 wins.

9th inning rally over the Reds!
At this point in time the only team I really enjoy seeing the Bucs beat is the Reds. Also glad they are not going to set the record for worse winning %. Noticed today they are only a game or two back of the World Series champs Nats.

Not the cleanest performance but some stuff to like: the bullpen looked nasty, Ke’Bryan Hayes looks like the real deal, and the plate discipline was a welcome change from the Hurdle-Huntington era.

If they can clean up the fielding and base-running errors, and Polanco plays better-than-complete-crap (he was bad today), they should have a productive offense.

Not the cleanest performance but some stuff to like: the bullpen looked nasty, Ke’Bryan Hayes looks like the real deal, and the plate discipline was a welcome change from the Hurdle-Huntington era.

If they can clean up the fielding and base-running errors, and Polanco plays better-than-complete-crap (he was bad today), they should have a productive offense.
Bucs everyday 8 isn’t bad. Probably a bit below average. Obviously pitching is a concern. I’m glad to her the bullpen looked good today. Did Polanco looked bad at the plate or just bad in all aspects?

At least the Pirates will be getting Jack Leiter in the upcoming Draft. He has to be the most hyped College Pitcher since Strausberg. Over his last 3 starts, he went over 20 innings without giving up a hit. He threw a CG No Hitter, 6 Innings of No Hit, then another 5+ innings w/o a hit before his streak was broken.

He looked bad in all aspects. I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans starts Saturday
After Hayes comes back from the DL, I like to see Evans in RF and Polanco to the bench. I have no idea we can get something for him in a trade. Maybe a warm 6 pack of iron city beer

Just watched a segment on MLB. Focusing on former Pirate pitchers dominating at other teams. Frustrating watching Musgrove throw a no no, Cole still bringing it and Glasnow with 14K. I still don't know why we got rid of Glasgow and Austin Meadows. I understand we couldn't afford Cole

Nice to take a series in Milwaukee.

Moran is turning into a stud. Guy is just steady and is finally bringing HRs.

Kuhl, Keller, and Cahill are not pitching well at all. Even when Brault comes back, they’ll only be adding like a 4.20 ERA type of pitcher.