Pickerington North Panther Invitational - Sat, 12/18

Rumor is that St. Peter Chanel may be added as the 13th team.......

Don't know if there is anything to this.....or just another internet rumor??

There is a legit chance, they will know today for sure and I will let you know when I find out.

Any chance anyone tops Chanel as team, I'm not sure of the depth from most of the teams here after the bigger named guys. Chanel will be without Tschantz, Collier and Walden.

Any chance anyone tops Chanel as team, I'm not sure of the depth from most of the teams here after the bigger named guys. Chanel will be without Tschantz, Collier and Walden.

After looking at the seed nominations.....looks pretty balanced

Top 4 seeds

Chanel - 7 (4 #1)
Canal Winchester - 6 (4 #1)
Teays Valley - 6 (1 #1)
Gahanna - 5 (1 #1)
DeSales - 5
Reynoldsburg - 5
Pickerington N - 5
Grove City - 5
Bishop Ready - 3 (1 #1) ** plus Bobby Smith
Hilliard Darby - 3 (1 #1)
Valley View - 2 (both #1)
Dublin Scioto - 2
Groveport - 2

Its been a crazy week for us, 1st we thought we had a Tri with Cuyahoga Hts and Waynedale. Since our old AD didn't do his job that fell threw.Thought we where going to the Coleman Duals and at 1pm yesterday we got a call that we couldn't wrestle there. I want Mrs. Coleman to know we do appreciate all she did to try and get us in though! I had some communication going with Pickerington North Coach Brad Harris. I called him after 1pm and by 2pm he had us in. I want to thank Brad and his staff along with all the other coaches going to this tournament. Talk about a class act! We are excited to go south and compete with these quality programs! Thanks to all that helped us this week!

Its been a crazy week for us, 1st we thought we had a Tri with Cuyahoga Hts and Waynedale. Since our old AD didn't do his job that fell threw.Thought we where going to the Coleman Duals and at 1pm yesterday we got a call that we couldn't wrestle there. I want Mrs. Coleman to know we do appreciate all she did to try and get us in though! I had some communication going with Pickerington North Coach Brad Harris. I called him after 1pm and by 2pm he had us in. I want to thank Brad and his staff along with all the other coaches going to this tournament. Talk about a class act! We are excited to go south and compete with these quality programs! Thanks to all that helped us this week!

It's cool how often this stuff happens in wrestling. PN looks to be a class act. :thumb:

Chanel dominated......winning 8 weight classes. 103 and then swept 145-285!!

Very impressive group....didn't need the 3 missing starters!

I will second that , I thought Chanel was great their upper weight classes dominated , there kids wrestled tough ,and acted classy from what I seen . Matches of the night for me was ,119 Smoot over Longwell , and 140 Luft over Howe. I am from Teays Valley so a little biased . Mcdougal over Nace was a great match to watch overtime semi. Great job Pick. North , nice tourney.

Your not biased TELLIS1.... :).....Sounds like a great tourney...gohio I think will have all finals matches posted soon.

Chanel looked good, Schafer dominated Nick Brown from GL and Kennedy Smith beat Brian Day, big wins for those two kids.

I will second that , I thought Chanel was great their upper weight classes dominated , there kids wrestled tough ,and acted classy from what I seen . Matches of the night for me was ,119 Smoot over Longwell , and 140 Luft over Howe. I am from Teays Valley so a little biased . Mcdougal over Nace was a great match to watch overtime semi. Great job Pick. North , nice tourney.

2 great matches indeed!
Longwell Smoot was for 125.

Hey boro fan, sorry but I think I shake the camera in that 103 pound match which caused it to freeze for a moment. Now, in the transferring phase, the computer reads that freeze as an end. It may take some work, but I'll contiunue to try to work my magic! (Please note that any magic I have rubbed off from a handshake I made sure to get from cthelites. I haven't washed my hand in three days!!!)

Full results SHOULD be up on Baumspage soon......

I don't have any of the pool results but can give you this:

Pickerington North Panther Invitational

01) St. Peter Chanel...282.50
02) Teays Valley...187.5
03) Gahanna Lincoln...156
04) Hilliard Darby...130
05) Pickerington North... 126
06) Canal Winchester... 122
07) Grove City... 121
08) Reynoldsburg... 111
09) Bishop Ready... 109
10) Valley View... 98
11) Dublin Scioto...94.50
12) Columbus DeSales... 52
13) Groveport Madison... 36

Champion: Assad (SPC) WBF 2:45 Straughter (RB)
Consolation:L. Nace (TV) MD 10-0 Strong (GM)

Champion: Smith (BR) dec. 7-3 Chang (RB)
Consolation: Brady (CW) WBF 1:42 King (TV)

Champion: Hall (BR) dec. 4-2 Morehart (TV)
Consolation: Black (HD) dec. 5-2 Richeson (DS)

Champion: Smoot (TV) dec. 9-8 Longwell (HD)
Consolation: Lawson (VV) dec. 10-5 DeCesare (SPC)

Champion: D. McDougle (GL) dec. 7-4 Hutchins (CW)
Consolation: Nace (TV) WBF 2:41 Donatelli (HD)

Champion: K. McDougle (GL) dec. 3-2 Boswell (CW)
Consolation: Day (VV) WBD Hinze (PN)

Champion: Luft (TV) dec. 7-3 Howes (PN)
Consolation: Tullius (CW) WBD Perry (VV)

Champion: Orrill (SPC) MD 16-7 Allen (CD)
Consolation: Corder (PN) WBF OT 5:06 Syfers (RB)

Champion: Keifer (SPC) WBF :32 Kowaleski (GC)
Consolation: Strohschein (GL) dec. 7-1 Ferguson (CD)

Champion: Walters (SPC) MD 14-5 Coles (GC)
Consolation: Carbajal (DS) WBFF Noel (GL)

Champion: Porter (SPC) dec. 5-3 Bowens (HD)
Consolation: Hughes (GC) dec. 6-4 Hoover (RB)

Champion: Schafer (SPC) WBF 3:59 Brown (GL)
Consolation: Leidecker (TV) TF 17-1 Reed (RB)

Champion: Smith (SPC) dec. 3-1 Day (VV)
Consolation: King (DS) WBF 1:35 Waymon (GM)

Champion: Barrett (SPC) dec. 5-4 El-Geroushi (HD)
Consolation: Cooper (BR) dec. 3-2 Reynard (GC)

Cthelites, That seems to be another pretty decent showing by Hilliard Darby. How are things looking for the Panthers thus far?