Pickerington North @ Gahanna

Judging off the only quality common opponent New Albany. NA blew out Gahanna & Pick North controlled most of the game against NA then gave it up in the final minutes. It'll be close early Pick North will pull away and win by a couple scores.

IF they can rebound from blowing that game last week vs New Albany emotionally, then yes, they should win this you would think. A win would put them in the 4/5 quarter of the bracket and keep them from having to play New Albany or Pick Central until the regional final, if they can get past UA that is which would be doubtful anyway. It would, however, keep them from having to play AT NA or PC in the second round which is the big carrot for winning this game. They are solid and have gotten better as the year has gone on, but they aren't a threat to win the region I don't think. Next year should be a prime year for them.

Here’s what I can say about Pick North…

The defense is real and despite issues with QB containment which can easily be fixed , they can be the backbone of a post season run. The best teams during post season in my opinion show a balanced run and passing attack.Keeping the opposing team QB in the pocket will make them think twice before taking off with Malik Ray and Eli Coppess in their face.

Offense for PN remind of the championship USC with Reggie Bush and Lindel White.Dorian Hamilton has shown he’s capable of stepping in where I think any down and distance north 5+ yds to him and anything less for Green.This structure could be new and dangerous moving forward.Green is a great back but the zone block scheme offense doesn’t utilize his strengths except in short yardage. Wide outs have great size with Eli being the homerun hitter when needed.

I’m not sure who wins this game because Gahanna QB can follow the exact game winning model New Albany used but we shall see.

Wow. North looks like they are NOT ready to play this game. Only 7-0 Lions w/3:48 left in 1st, but they look disinterested.

Gahanna up 21-14 at half. North looking the worst I’ve seen them this year, especially defensively, which is the biggest surprise.

I was really suprised that North played so badly. Very poor effort, especially in the first half. Defense looked as bad as they had all year. Guess they'll have a chance to get them back in 2 weeks the way the seeding played out assuming that they get by Groveport.

Gahanna was without their starting QB as well. They played a freshman that had not even played JV yet only freshman ball. Threw 2 TDs and ran for 1.

Gahanna up 21-14 at half. North looking the worst I’ve seen them this year, especially defensively, which is the biggest
I was really suprised that North played so badly. Very poor effort, especially in the first half. Defense looked as bad as they had all year. Guess they'll have a chance to get them back in 2 weeks the way the seeding played out assuming that they get by Groveport.
North seems to have several players who never come off the field and their RB gets a ton of carries. He is a physical back that mostly runs between the tackles. Could be that some of those guys are wearing down. Hopefully they will win a couple of playoff games.