Pickerington Central vs Pickerington North - THE REMATCH

ManOWarz

This game will be held in Newark and this time much is at stake. The first matchup saw PC nearing a victory over cross town rival PN but in sports luck and preparation tend to create chaos.

PC- Offensively I seen a spark as the season progressed. I believe the QB will have the ball in his hands majority of the game wether running or passing creating an issue for North.Defensively Centrals priority will be stopping the run game so controlling the line of scrimmage with their talented front is to their advantage.

PN- Eli Coppess has been Mr do it all for their team and I don’t see this changing come Friday night.North although their secondary has struggled against the pass this season may have seen enough to be prepared against lackluster passing threat in PC.

I see this game being low scoring and who wins in the trenches will ultimately decide the score.

Final prediction:
PN : 20
PC: 14

This game will be held in Newark and this time much is at stake. The first matchup saw PC nearing a victory over cross town rival PN but in sports luck and preparation tend to create chaos.

PC- Offensively I seen a spark as the season progressed. I believe the QB will have the ball in his hands majority of the game wether running or passing creating an issue for North.Defensively Centrals priority will be stopping the run game so controlling the line of scrimmage with their talented front is to their advantage.

PN- Eli Coppess has been Mr do it all for their team and I don’t see this changing come Friday night.North although their secondary has struggled against the pass this season may have seen enough to be prepared against lackluster passing threat in PC.

I see this game being low scoring and who wins in the trenches will ultimately decide the score.

Final prediction:
PN : 20
PC: 14
M.O.W., I agree on the low scoring. Neither offense is what one would describe as "dynamic", however it doesn't mean they aren't capable. There are athletes all over the field for both teams. It has been said defense wins championships, PC gets the nod here. PN will no doubt reach into their bag of tricks on offense, PC needs to keep extremely alert. Whenever these two meet one could describe it as a television "action drama". Personally, I can't wait. PC 21. PN 13.

M.O.W., I agree on the low scoring. Neither offense is what one would describe as "dynamic", however it doesn't mean they aren't capable. There are athletes all over the field for both teams. It has been said defense wins championships, PC gets the nod here. PN will no doubt reach into their bag of tricks on offense, PC needs to keep extremely alert. Whenever these two meet one could describe it as a television "action drama". Personally, I can't wait. PC 21. PN 13.
Love to see these type of matchups in the playoffs , I’m excited also.

If central wants a better outcome than last meeting, they need to play to win and not play "not to lose". It was clear to me in the second half that Central went into full blown "Tressel Ball". Instead of the mantra being, "I hope we can hold on to win", it needs to be, "You want it? come take it from me."

The kids can tell when the coach takes his foot off the gas. In my opinion, the reason they won title number two against Elder in 2019 was they played balls out, going for it on fourth down, reaching deep into the bag of tricks. When coaches coach that way it gives the kids the confidence, encouragement and swagger to stay in attack mode for the entire 48 minutes.

Possibly, Good point. I guess I'd rather lose swinging rather than get a lead and lose covering up and moving around the ring for the last three rounds.

Could it be he doesnt feel he has the kids to play more "balls out"? Asking as i don't know. Maybe coach feels that may lead to more mistakes than home runs?
Not a bad question but there is no way he could possibly think he doesn’t have the players to run a real offense. There are so many great athletes that never play offense. They have defensive tackles lining up at receiver while a kid who ran a 10.2 100M stands on the sideline.
They still have a player run in every play just like back in the 80’s. I think it’s more a function of the way he’s always done it and philosophical approach. Don’t turn the ball over, don’t put the defense in a bad position… which works as long as you have better players than the other team and even then it sometimes doesn’t work.
With the players that Central has and the way North plays defense, Central could put up 40 points easily especially if they would put their 4-5 best athletes at WR. If you make PN play straight up, the running game would take over.
PN basically puts 8-9 players right at the line (by the time the ball is snapped) leaving huge gaps in the flats and over the middle. They lose contain almost every play, their corners play man coverage but stare at the QB and they lose track of receivers coming out of the backfield (especially wing backs) This is very easy to exploit but if all you do is overload a side and try to run through more players than you have blockers, then you are not taking advantage of their weakness. This will be a close game even though it shouldn’t be. Central will score on special teams and a pick 6 if North tries to pass.

PC wins handily IF the coaching staff will allow them to. PN knows they are less talented, but they were also less talented than Gahanna. I'm thinking the Panthers will again reach DEEP in the playbook tonight. If PC runs straight at the heart of the PN defense on first and second downs, we will see a lot of "3rd down, 7 yards to go" scenarios for them. I support both schools, but rooting for PC simply because I don't think PN has as much of a chance vs. Upper Arlington. Hoping for a great game!

About what I figured......big step up next week for Central playing UA. Bears CRUSHED New Albany tonight......

PC wins handily IF the coaching staff will allow them to. PN knows they are less talented, but they were also less talented than Gahanna. I'm thinking the Panthers will again reach DEEP in the playbook tonight. If PC runs straight at the heart of the PN defense on first and second downs, we will see a lot of "3rd down, 7 yards to go" scenarios for them. I support both schools, but rooting for PC simply because I don't think PN has as much of a chance vs. Upper Arlington. Hoping for a great game!
Does pc?

UA has offensive difference makers at RB and WR and a pretty good QB. I think their defense can be had, but I'm not sure Central is the team to do it. I also think PC can make them one-dimensional if their DL shows out. Should be a really interesting, good game.

UA is very good, but they haven't played a team with a defense like PC. The key to the game will be how does UA handle the defensive front of PC and do they pickup all the PC blitzes.

I don't think Cannon the UA WR puts up the numbers he did against NA.

Strength on strength also means weakness on weakness. Central’s QB is the weak spot of the team. Everything else is lights out- it will cost them… just not next week. Pc 24 UA 14

PC's QB is not as awful as he appears (I hope!). He looks like Tom Brady trying to run an option-type offense. He's a drop-back passer who never actually gets to throw a pass from the pocket. Having him roll out and force the ball into the flats has been a recipe for disaster... At this point, it's not going to get any better for the Tigers' offense. I was encouraged by the wildcat plays w/ Henderson and the long pass (even though it was intercepted on a great play by the PN db. That was a touchdown if the QB had put it out there. Ultimately, it comes down to whether the best defense in the Region (if not the state), can off-set a way-below-average offense? Hope I'm wrong, but I see a 20-18 win for UA.

UAs offense hasn't seen anything like PCs defense. Not blaming them, they have ran their schedule. They did not falter. UA is solid and PC knows what they need to prepare for. The game plan vs PN was spot on IMO. Defense made big plays, offense did what they needed to do to score. I have complete trust in our players and coaches. We will show up Friday night. If you have had a son/daughter play for Central you are part of the Tiger Family' ......let's start acting like it and not bicker amongst ourselves. Go Tigers!!!!