Pickerington Central vs. Gahanna

Heelinohio

This is a 'home' game for Gahanna, but it is being played at Thos. Worthington HS. Anybody know why?

PC's starting QB apparently went down w/ a shoulder injury in the PN gm. Is he done for the year? Although he was not a "star" player, he is a 6-4 195 senior, so their already-anemic offense might get even worse. Then again, PC's play-calling might actually favor the quicker, more athletic back-ups.

This may be one of the ugliest games of the year... but also a fun, hard-hitting, closely contested game!

I'm going with PC 11 (two safeties + pick 6), Gahanna 3.

This is a 'home' game for Gahanna, but it is being played at Thos. Worthington HS. Anybody know why?

PC's starting QB apparently went down w/ a shoulder injury in the PN gm. Is he done for the year? Although he was not a "star" player, he is a 6-4 195 senior, so their already-anemic offense might get even worse. Then again, PC's play-calling might actually favor the quicker, more athletic back-ups.

This may be one of the ugliest games of the year... but also a fun, hard-hitting, closely contested game!

I'm going with PC 11 (two safeties + pick 6), Gahanna 3.
PC QB wasn’t injured in PN game.

Really? I wasn't at the PN game, but I read accounts saying that Alexander and the 9th grader played QB during that game.

Pc best bet is to run Alexander at wildcat and get lane more involved with the jet sweeps. Even him in motion is a hell of a decoy. The freshman didn’t do much. I will say the starter had a nice throw in the first drive of the game, but didn’t do much after. PN just forgot the middle of the field exists.
PC 10, Gahanna 7

Why did they tear it down? Seen a playoff game there several years back and seemed like a nice stadium. Huge away section if memory serves.
IDK. Building a new one about 200 yds away from the old one. I am not from Gahanna so don't have details.

I heard that as well. They are building the school where the stadium is at and behind the old stadium will be the new stadium.

This will be PC's last competitive game of the regular season. Hoping they have found a weapon... any weapon, on offense. If the Tigers can score two TDs vs Gahanna, I think they win. Gahanna's D, though, looks very stout.
I haven't been to Thos. Worthington's stadium in a LONG time, but I recall it being pretty decent. Feel sorry for the Gahanna kids having to play the next 2+ seasons on the road for every game...

Stadium will be ready next September for the Lions.....New High School is going where the Stadium is, and a new stadium is going up directly East behind the old stadium where the old Lincoln Elementary was.......Nice win for the Golden Lions this evening over the Tigers 22-20 , and thanks to Thomas Worthington for the perfect evening.

Fun game tonight. Shocked by Gahanna's physical dominance of both lines of scrimmage. PC just doesn't have any weapons on offense, but I am encouraged that Jay is acknowledging the obvious: If your o-line is weak and your RBs even weaker (I don't count Biles as a "real" RB) then your game plan has to adjust. Tonight's play calling was Jay's best in a good while. The talent level isn't what we're used to, but Tigers still had a chance to win/tie versus a better team.

When was the last time that Gahanna beat Pick Central? Is it ever?

PC will finish 7-3 in the regular season and win a couple of playoff games.

Hats off to Gahanna on the win, this win and season will keep Ward safely around long enough to see his kid graduate.

PC has now lost to 3 OCC teams the past two years, PN, UA, and Gahanna not what we are used to seeing.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way, stay healthy!!

Agree on 7-3 record for PC, but after seeing UA eek out a 14-13 win over Groveport tonight, the Cruisers may give PC fits too. Hopefully Biles' injury is minor. He is certainly the most important player for PC.
Question for Gahanna fans: Are your RBs that good or was PC just missing tackles? On numerous occasions, the Tigers appeared to have stopped your guys for losses or no gains only to see them escape and pick up significant yardage. Also, I loved the 2nd and short play calling. They were great calls that caught PC completely off guard. Well done.

When was the last time that Gahanna beat Pick Central? Is it ever?

PC will finish 7-3 in the regular season and win a couple of playoff games.

Hats off to Gahanna on the win, this win and season will keep Ward safely around long enough to see his kid graduate.

PC has now lost to 3 OCC teams the past two years, PN, UA, and Gahanna not what we are used to seeing.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way, stay healthy!!
Two playoff games? Depends on the match-up. This year anyway they are lucky to play in such a weak division. Even the top dog has a year they aren't dominant. I guess what I saw in the Coffman scrimmage was real. Limited offense, Definitely would beat Coffman in a real game but weren't nearly as dominant as I thought they may be. Defense was good and has been dominant at times. Defense could get them two play-off wins or one in the old system, I think a 12-team region makes things more interesting, but we aren't going back.

Two playoff games? Depends on the match-up. This year anyway they are lucky to play in such a weak division. Even the top dog has a year they aren't dominant. I guess what I saw in the Coffman scrimmage was real. Limited offense, Definitely would beat Coffman in a real game but weren't nearly as dominant as I thought they may be. Defense was good and has been dominant at times. Defense could get them two play-off wins or one in the old system, I think a 12-team region makes things more interesting, but we aren't going back.
Whoever is counting Central out in Region 3, I would say stay tuned. It appears as though there are no dominant teams in the Region. Central has plenty of talent and 5 more games to make adjustments. PC is capable of beating any team in the region and I would say there are only 3 teams in the Region capable of beating PC once the playoffs begin. This has been a challenging season to date but they can still achieve every goal they had coming into this year.

I think PN is the most talented team, but their coaching worries me. I'll go to the PC-Groveport game, but I'll be at PN's games all the other weeks. It had been a long time since I'd seen a team physically dominate the Tigers like Gahanna did last night. They looked 2-3 touchdowns better, but their fumbles kept PC in the game.

Whoever is counting Central out in Region 3, I would say stay tuned. It appears as though there are no dominant teams in the Region. Central has plenty of talent and 5 more games to make adjustments. PC is capable of beating any team in the region and I would say there are only 3 teams in the Region capable of beating PC once the playoffs begin. This has been a challenging season to date but they can still achieve every goal they had coming into this year.
Not counting them out but I think the converse is also true . There are definatey a few teams that can beat PC as well this year . May be just not their year . Not saying they don’t have talent like they di
Every year but we’ve seen 5 games and they aren’t the favorite as once thought

Decided to go to the game Friday night and I was surprised at what I saw. I didn't come away with the impression that Gahanna was that much better than Central. But I didn't see a Tiger team that had any fire. I watched the Gahanna RB (who wasn't a big kid) literally get hit by PC defenders at or behind the line of scrimmage and drag them for a 5 yard gain. They couldn't stop anything off tackle. I couldn't tell if they were out schemed or just beaten physically, but they didn't want it like Gahanna did until they realized they were embarrassing themselves. When they decided to play, they outscored the Lions 20-9 in the second half. I've been hard on the coaches in the past, but you can't coach desire. Credit to #4 for Gahanna. He fumbled and got hurt a couple of times, but he kept attacking that defense. With the exception of one player on the PC side (I don't have say who that was), I didn't see that kind of "will to win" from the rest of the Tigers. They look like they are living off of their past reputation, but they haven't proven anything and nobody is afraid of them this year. If that's the way they're going to play, I don't think they will go very far in the playoffs. I will say this though. I was disappointed to see so many seniors make mistakes at crucial times in the game. Holding penalty on a touchdown. Dropped pass with the game on the line. False start on a possible game-tying 2 point conversion. Those weren't underclassmen doing that. I know these are just kids playing a game. Hopefully they'll learn from these losses and play with more focus and intensity.

Decided to go to the game Friday night and I was surprised at what I saw. I didn't come away with the impression that Gahanna was that much better than Central. But I didn't see a Tiger team that had any fire. I watched the Gahanna RB (who wasn't a big kid) literally get hit by PC defenders at or behind the line of scrimmage and drag them for a 5 yard gain. They couldn't stop anything off tackle. I couldn't tell if they were out schemed or just beaten physically, but they didn't want it like Gahanna did until they realized they were embarrassing themselves. When they decided to play, they outscored the Lions 20-9 in the second half. I've been hard on the coaches in the past, but you can't coach desire. Credit to #4 for Gahanna. He fumbled and got hurt a couple of times, but he kept attacking that defense. With the exception of one player on the PC side (I don't have say who that was), I didn't see that kind of "will to win" from the rest of the Tigers. They look like they are living off of their past reputation, but they haven't proven anything and nobody is afraid of them this year. If that's the way they're going to play, I don't think they will go very far in the playoffs. I will say this though. I was disappointed to see so many seniors make mistakes at crucial times in the game. Holding penalty on a touchdown. Dropped pass with the game on the line. False start on a possible game-tying 2 point conversion. Those weren't underclassmen doing that. I know these are just kids playing a game. Hopefully they'll learn from these losses and play with more focus and intensity.
I also went to the game and I was surprised that it was this close.Gahanna controlled most of the game. Turnovers kept PC in the game. The RB that you are speaking of is 185-190 pounds so I don't think he is small. He is a up and coming RB with close to 10 D1 offers. I thought gahanna dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball. PC will be fine and will run thru their division in the OCC and will make a run in the playoffs. Gahanna has good team this year and I think all of the credit should go to them.

I hope you're right. But if they're getting dominated in the trenches what makes you think they're going to be fine? If they can't stop a 185lb RB, what are they going to do against a bigger back? You may know better than me. My kid played for Central years ago. I hate to say it but I will. These players don't seem to have the heart those past teams had. You may have been to more games than I have. Maybe you know some of the players personally. But at the games I've been to I've seen the same thing. I don't see that fire in them this year. Just being a realist. Not so sure they run the table in league play or win a playoff game. I'm hoping I have to eat crow at the end of the season, but thats how I see it.

Agree on 7-3 record for PC, but after seeing UA eek out a 14-13 win over Groveport tonight, the Cruisers may give PC fits too. Hopefully Biles' injury is minor. He is certainly the most important player for PC.
Question for Gahanna fans: Are your RBs that good or was PC just missing tackles? On numerous occasions, the Tigers appeared to have stopped your guys for losses or no gains only to see them escape and pick up significant yardage. Also, I loved the 2nd and short play calling. They were great calls that caught PC completely off guard. Well done.
And Groveport was the better team against UA ref called a late holding flag calling back a dagger touchdown that would’ve put Groveport up 20-7 in the 4th … Groveport took Gahanna to the wire as well losing 20-13… so it’s not guaranteed that Pick Central will beat Groveport

And Groveport was the better team against UA ref called a late holding flag calling back a dagger touchdown that would’ve put Groveport up 20-7 in the 4th … Groveport took Gahanna to the wire as well losing 20-13… so it’s not guaranteed that Pick Central will beat Groveport
Groveport vs. PC is generally a really good game - notwithstanding the fact PC almost always wins... The same was true vs. Gahanna though. In the past Gahanna - even when better than PC, would find a way to lose to them. PC's defense lost the Gahanna game. That was shocking. The Tigers' best players are their DBs and it's hard for a DB to make a game changing play when the opponent is running the ball down your throat like Gahanna did. That said, Crozier came within an eyelash of a pick-6 which would have won the game for PC. At this point, I'd rank PC's opponents in this order: 1) Elder, 2) Pick North, 3) Gahanna, 4) Wayne, 5) Olen. Liberty. I think PN beats them if they meet again in the playoffs. I think PC beats Gahanna or Wayne if they meet again.

Stadium will be ready next September for the Lions.....New High School is going where the Stadium is, and a new stadium is going up directly East behind the old stadium where the old Lincoln Elementary was.......Nice win for the Golden Lions this evening over the Tigers 22-20 , and thanks to Thomas Worthington for the perfect evening.
Are they building any additional parking? The old stadium was one of my favorites. I wish PC's stadium was as nice as the one torn down. I hope the new one has enough seating capacity to host regional finals.

Groveport vs. PC is generally a really good game - notwithstanding the fact PC almost always wins... The same was true vs. Gahanna though. In the past Gahanna - even when better than PC, would find a way to lose to them. PC's defense lost the Gahanna game. That was shocking. The Tigers' best players are their DBs and it's hard for a DB to make a game changing play when the opponent is running the ball down your throat like Gahanna did. That said, Crozier came within an eyelash of a pick-6 which would have won the game for PC. At this point, I'd rank PC's opponents in this order: 1) Elder, 2) Pick North, 3) Gahanna, 4) Wayne, 5) Olen. Liberty. I think PN beats them if they meet again in the playoffs. I think PC beats Gahanna or Wayne if they meet again.
Groveport vs Central gonna be a good game forsure Groveport no longer runs that Wing T they have a very athletic sophomore QB with skill talent on offense and their defense is good