Pick Central @ Massillon Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pick Central is powerful up front on both sides of the ball. And they said all the skill and speed graduated last year ? Well lets just say they looked very fast and athletic tonight. Looking forward to seeing Tigers vs. Tigers next week !

We have to get a few guys outta there on that d-line. A couple of those guys are way too small. Hopefully they can see that and get some of our big boys out there or it’s going to be a long night.

If Massillon can weather the storm in the trenches, they will be fine. If central can’t overwhelm you with size and athletes, they have no plan b.
I was in the pick central camp until ole porky from McKinley transferred in. Hurts Central because mckinley can’t beat Massillon in anything lol

If Massillon can weather the storm in the trenches, they will be fine. If central can’t overwhelm you with size and athletes, they have no plan b.
I was in the pick central camp until ole porky from McKinley transferred in. Hurts Central because mckinley can’t beat Massillon in anything lol
Ironically, Massillon’s only plan is also to overwhelm their opponents with size and athletes.

Will the Walker (McKinley transfer) kid start for PC?

PC didn't show much on offense last night vs. Olentangy Liberty. I don't know if that was by design or just a lack of play makers. There's certainly nobody out there on offense who puts the "fear of God" in you like L. Styles did. From what I saw, PC's QB, RBs and WRs are significantly less talented than last season. I'm hoping that (relative) lack of talent will force Jay to go back to play-calling creativity he used to show. On the other side of the ball though, the defense will be stout, especially the front seven. Opponents better bring a passing game and not wait until 3rd down to use it. Last thing, Liberty will win a lot games. Their DL is big and strong. #8 is really good player.

The kid is 215-220lbs and has played defense and special teams the last few years so if we are unwilling to let him run the ball then that pretty much means this staff will ever let the QB run the ball lol
Thought this as well when I saw his size, he will definitely be able to take a few hits. I just wonder with his size if he would get tired faster, I’m sure his conditioning is up there but just a thought.

Thought this as well when I saw his size, he will definitely be able to take a few hits. I just wonder with his size if he would get tired faster, I’m sure his conditioning is up there but just a thought.
I would think that 10-15 carries per game for McElroy should be enough to keep the defense honest.

If we go out there against PC with our 4 play offense consisting of:
1. Run Hartson up the A gap
2. Bubble screen
3. Jet sweep with the slot guy
4. Some long developing vertical pass

We probably won’t score at all. Maybe once. Lol

I would think that 10-15 carries per game for McElroy should be enough to keep the defense honest.

2. Bubble screen

Unfortunately I think you are absolutely right. The crazy part to this whole thing on offense is it’s not like we don’t have the kids to be more creative with. I really like our Head Coach but at some point I think he needs to step in (maybe he already does for all I know) and question our coordinator’s. Just talking to a couple guys yesterday that played for the tigers and we all kinds agreed with what you’re saying. Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised. I know that front is going to be tough to go up against

Hard to believe that the season is already upon us. Can't wait to enter PBTS and take in the atmosphere after a long year off. Being perfectly honest I don't have any grand expectations for us this year, I know we're going to find out just where we stand right out of the gate. Coach Moore has done a tremendous job of resurrecting our program from the previous administration and he and his staff deserve all the credit, because it takes a tremendous amount of dedication to run the show right in Tigertown. Now that doesn't mean everything is perfect. One of the things I found interesting was that in an interview done with coach Moore a couple years ago following the Semifinal loss to WW, he was asked about getting the ball in his play makers hands in creative ways. He responded that his philosophy was to line up and do what his players do best. Stick with what got you there and if the other team can stop it then, they're the better team. This stuck with me, as I always felt that we could have gotten a little more dynamic with the talent we've had the past couple years on the perimeter. Can't wait to see how we come out Friday night against PC, hopefully we'll be able to keep it close against Central. TIG

Hard to believe that the season is already upon us. Can't wait to enter PBTS and take in the atmosphere after a long year off. Being perfectly honest I don't have any grand expectations for us this year, I know we're going to find out just where we stand right out of the gate. Coach Moore has done a tremendous job of resurrecting our program from the previous administration and he and his staff deserve all the credit, because it takes a tremendous amount of dedication to run the show right in Tigertown. Now that doesn't mean everything is perfect. One of the things I found interesting was that in an interview done with coach Moore a couple years ago following the Semifinal loss to WW, he was asked about getting the ball in his play makers hands in creative ways. He responded that his philosophy was to line up and do what his players do best. Stick with what got you there and if the other team can stop it then, they're the better team. This stuck with me, as I always felt that we could have gotten a little more dynamic with the talent we've had the past couple years on the perimeter. Can't wait to see how we come out Friday night against PC, hopefully we'll be able to keep it close against Central. TIG
The teams who keep it simple seem to perform better. I think having simple play calling has helped the Tigers more than it has hurt over the last 4 years.

You’ll see about 6 plays from Pick Central
Easier to get away with when you have 800-900 boys in your school. Also, keeping it simple is great until you run into a team that can stop your plan A. If you have zero backup plan then you probably aren’t a good coach IMO.

The teams who keep it simple seem to perform better. I think having simple play calling has helped the Tigers more than it has hurt over the last 4 years.
I agree that it’s better to practice 1 kick 1,000 times than 1,000 kicks 1 time but there has been a track record the last few years that every time we face a team that we can’t bully in the trenches our offense gets pretty much completely shut down.

2. Bubble screen

Been saying this for a few years now as well. Our lack of creativity in the play calling made us predictable in each of the championship games. Not sure why this coaching staff appears so dead set on the same plays? Let's see what the coaches do with the talent this year.

If this is true, then damn, the coaches can't evaluate talent and see potential. To me that's deflection of the blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.