Pick Central @ Elder

You nailed it! PC has no playmakers on offense and zero creativity when it comes to play calling. As great a coach as Jay is, his unwillingness to use his weapons has cost him at least 2 potential additional state championships. This year’s team likely goes 7-3, and picks up one win in the playoffs.
Biles is a playmaker, the offense is outdated. I honestly believe the 7th & 8th grade school teams in the Catholic City League run more modern Offenses.

If that’s the offense we will see all year from central- might have 2 more Ls. Let their QB throw and let their athletes be athletes or go with the so called 3 star freshman and plan for the future

Well the good news is that an early season loss is nothing unusual for PC. There won't be any more said about how great the coaches or players are, at least for a while any way. They can come back from this. The bad news for us PC fans is this is nothing unusual. The biggest problem I see with them is simply, to be honest, lazy coaching. I see a staff that seems to have gotten too comfortable with having superior talent in most games that it doesn't bother to develop players on the offensive side of the ball. I'm sure the coaches are probably nice guys, but they really do a disservice to their players who are trying to play at the next level. Unless you have great natural talent like a Lorenzo Styles for instance, you won't make it to a D1 school in an offensive skill position from PC. The scheme is from the 1980s and you won't beat good teams consistently with it. And even better than average players don't get better with whatever they're teaching over there. I think it's arrogant to act like you're smarter than everybody else and never change. I don't say much on this forum because it's just high school football, but you really are playing with a lot of these kid's futures when you don't try to develop them to their full potential. Coach modern football! And before anybody says it,, I know this post is too long, and I know if I could do better I would be the PC head coach.. Just my two cents.

100%. I’m not a PC fan, but there’s no earthly reason they should lose to PN or UA last season. I don’t know how good Elder is, so I can’t really comment on this game. But their offense was awful. Even against OL I thought the passing game was bad. Mantooth is not good. I don’t know if it’s coaching, scheme or lack of talent at QB. Whatever it is, it’s not going to work against good defenses.

My guess is Crenshaw papered over offensive issues because he was such an explosive talent at QB. But you take away that threat and it’s like the staff has no clue how maximize talent.

100%. I’m not a PC fan, but there’s no earthly reason they should lose to PN or UA last season. I don’t know how good Elder is, so I can’t really comment on this game. But their offense was awful. Even against OL I thought the passing game was bad. Mantooth is not good. I don’t know if it’s coaching, scheme or lack of talent at QB. Whatever it is, it’s not going to work against good defenses.

My guess is Crenshaw papered over offensive issues because he was such an explosive talent at QB. But you take away that threat and it’s like the staff has no clue how maximize talent.
I think Mantooth is good but the offense doesn't fit his skillset.

My Browns stink tonight, so I don't have anything else to do. I don't blame kids. I don't think the qb is bad. They just don't play to his strengths. He's not a runner. He's a pocket passer. Use him that way. If he's not good, then the coaches are idiots. You have the 2026 no. 6 all purpose qb in the nation on the bench. Get him some experience. You have the D1 100 meter state champ and some of his track buddies on the team. There's enough talent on that team to have a good offense. Those receivers don't run pass patterns. They look like they just jog to spots and don't help their qb. That's bad coaching

PC will be fine in the OCC. They wouldn’t be if they were in the GCL.
Elder just Better this year. PC needs to do a better job Recruiting.

Biles is a playmaker, the offense is outdated. I honestly believe the 7th & 8th grade school teams in the Catholic City League run more modern Offenses.
Biles is a great athlete, but he’s not a natural RB. Plus the o-line is not dominant so there’s seldom open lanes. He can run over bad teams simply with his physicality. Maybe he’ll grow into the position over the course of the season.

Here's my last thoughts and observations:
1. Scheme. You can't run when there's 9 men in the box. OSU can't do it. Bama can't do it. The Rams can't do it. If you're packed together like sardines all the time (I'm dating myself, but I'm an old man) there's no room to run inside no matter how dominant your line is. If you're going to run that scheme, you need to keep the defense honest and get the ball to the outside quickly with screens to the wrs and swing routes to rbs.
2. Technique. The offensive line coach - your team's pad level is too high. They stand straight up and try to push the defense like they're sumo wrestlers. No wonder they get so many holding calls. Superior strength can't overcome bad technique. Receivers coach - why don't your receivers run comeback routes to help your quarterback, especially on rollouts? They don't create any space to throw a pass. And why don't you isolate the corners and run an occasional fly pattern with the speed you have? The weakest part of most high school defenses are the corners. Why wait until the 4th quarter to do that when the other team knows you have to pass?

I just want to say that I believe in this team. They usually get better as the season goes on. But they can be so much better. I get it that it's easy to criticize from the outside, but I doubt that PC coaches are taking advice from guys on Yappi anyway.

Pick Central:
27 Yards Passing 8-16
82 Yards Rushing on 29 carries
8 Firstdowns
0 Turnovers
Penalties 6 for 65 yards
Time of Possession 30:41 to Elders 17:19
4/12 (33.3%) On 3rd down
0/3 (0%) on 4th down

They held Elder to 70 yds rushing
Elder had 17 minutes in second half? 8+ on opening drive of second half