Peyton Ramsey/Tommy Kraemer - NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not 100% true. I know a lot of younger families that that are very much Catholic, attend mass regularly, and raise their kids Catholic. There's still a lot of traditional Catholic families on the westside. Crossroads has definitely attracted many families away from the parishes, but to say zero interest is just wrong.
It was a general statement - pretty obvious what I meant by it.

Let me translate for you - there are far, far less younger families willing to participate in the traditional Catholic masses because of what they’ve seen and lived through in their lives - as well as their propensity to be much more inclusive to other religions and ways of belonging and community.

Is that better?

"Far, far less" ? Sounds like another general statement.

There's still Far, far many younger families Far, far involved with the Catholic faith.

"Far, far less" ? Sounds like another general statement.

There's still Far, far many younger families Far, far involved with the Catholic faith.
There’s some, for sure. But much less - are you really arguing that? Do you pay attention?

Do you think this consolidation plan is for sh*ts and giggles?

You’re delusional if you think the majority of younger families that have children at Elder are active, practicing Catholics. Have you been to Church lately?

And yes, I do believe, without question, is most of the reason more inclusion isn’t a priority, is because the legions of Johnny Elders want to see THEIR kid come out of that tunnel like the old days - no question about it. Opening things up threatens that.
I don't think they're active Catholics, but most are still Catholic in that they're baptized and have been through all the sacraments and what not. Send their kids to Catholic schools still, too. So no, not delusional at all.

Your second point may have been true, like, 15-20 years ago, but I can promise you that's no longer the case. The best players are gonna play. Bottom line for all sports at Elder are winning. Is it actually shocking to you that kids with dads who were good to great athletes back in their day are athletic too? Or that certain families have multiple kids that are actually just good athletes?

Oh, just poor people - can’t stand them either.

Like I said, you don’t even realize it. Sad.
Except they absolutely can attend. Elder accepts vouchers and has programs to allow lower-income students to attend. Also, don't twist what I said about black people not making up a majority of Catholic demographics into something it's not, you disingenuous f|uck.

I know they can attend, in fact, it’s easier than ever. That’s my whole point.

I believe every word Purple Reign posts, as he’s made these idiotic comments before.

I don't think they're active Catholics, but most are still Catholic in that they're baptized and have been through all the sacraments and what not. Send their kids to Catholic schools still, too. So no, not delusional at all.

Your second point may have been true, like, 15-20 years ago, but I can promise you that's no longer the case. The best players are gonna play. Bottom line for all sports at Elder are winning. Is it actually shocking to you that kids with dads who were good to great athletes back in their day are athletic too? Or that certain families have multiple kids that are actually just good athletes?
I never said the best players shouldn’t play. Ever.

I said there’s a culture of hoarding opportunity for those connected folks. In similar situations, if all things are even, the connected kid wins out. It’s that much harder for the outsider to push through unless they’re a stud.

There’s also those same connected families that play by a different set of rules as well.

The nerve of St. X hiring and keeping a former St.X graduate and football player as their head coach. I can't believe Seton has a Seton grad running their entire school. Shocking that the Oak Hills superintendent was an Oak Hills grad. Even more shocking he had the nerve to hire a baseball coach who is and Oak Hills grad. Mind boggling he has had basketball coach at Oak Hills forever who was an Oak Hills grad also. . I could go on and on Trey, see how foolish you are. I liked it better when you only posted about 7th and 8th grade St. A's basketball and football games 4 yrs ago.

The nerve of St. X hiring and keeping a former St.X graduate and football player as their head coach. I can't believe Seton has a Seton grad running their entire school. Shocking that the Oak Hills superintendent was an Oak Hills grad. Even more shocking he had the nerve to hire a baseball coach who is and Oak Hills grad. Mind boggling he has had basketball coach at Oak Hills forever who was an Oak Hills grad also. . I could go on and on Trey, see how foolish you are. I liked it better when you only posted about 7th and 8th grade St. A's basketball and football games 4 yrs ago.
Again, the point goes over your head. Obviously schools hire alums all the time, and that’s good.

In the time of needing to expand your student base with non traditional enrollees, it might be wise to expand your administrative and coaching staff as well. That’s all I’m saying, and it makes sense.

It’s way less devious than everyone is making it out to be.

Again, the point goes over your head. Obviously schools hire alums all the time, and that’s good.

In the time of needing to expand your student base with non traditional enrollees, it might be wise to expand your administrative and coaching staff as well. That’s all I’m saying, and it makes sense.

It’s way less devious than everyone is making it out to be.
And, maybe, kids not wanting to go to Elder or any other school is less devious than you’re making it out to be. Neither of my parents were Elder or Seton grads; in fact, both went to public schools. I wasn’t raised on Elder at all, my family name isn’t a legacy name. Do you know why I wanted to go to Elder and did go there? Because that’s where my most of my friends were going. It is literally that simple for A LOT of kids. Whether they’re going to Elder, Oak Hills, St. X, West High, Taylor, etc.

And, maybe, kids not wanting to go to Elder or any other school is less devious than you’re making it out to be. Neither of my parents were Elder or Seton grads; in fact, both went to public schools. I wasn’t raised on Elder at all, my family name isn’t a legacy name. Do you know why I wanted to go to Elder and did go there? Because that’s where my most of my friends were going. It is literally that simple for A LOT of kids. Whether they’re going to Elder, Oak Hills, St. X, West High, Taylor, etc.
Fair point. You may be right. I have a different opinion based on my experience. We all come from different lenses on these things - it’s ok.

But you can’t deny their typical market is dwindling and may need some different approaches to things moving forward. It would be important to me if I was evaluating a decision to attend the school if I was a minority or a public school student/parent.

Last edited:
This a good post. Trey is still mad that his kid and his neighbors kid got cut. He also has a lot of stuff to say about Elder that he makes up but calls his experience. This been prove on here many times.

Fair point. You may be right. I have a different opinion based on my experience. We all come from different lenses on these things - it’s ok.

But you can’t deny their typical market is dwindling and may need some different approaches to things moving forward. It would be important to me if I was evaluating a decision to attend the school if I was a minority or a public school student/parent.
I don't disagree that the landscape is changing. Certainly much less involvement in Catholicism. I do think they've made some good strides with opening the school up more to lower income students, public school students and, as recently as yesterday via social media, showcasing more minority students at freshmen orientation and showing a good mix of students from all races. Small things like that matter, I think. They've been doing outreach in the surrounding area for as long as I can remember through the toy drive, tutoring and clean ups around Price Hill.

It’s also worth noting, the pay for Catholic schools is quite a bit lower than a lot of public schools. Often the choices for hiring boil down to two options: a young ambitious coach, who will likely use this job as a stepping stone or an alumni with an attachment to the school who will stick around for 20-30 years, assuming he’s successful.

I’m all for going after the best candidate whether internal/external or alumni/not alumni, but there are very real constraints that cause the pool of candidates to shrink.

It’s also worth noting, the pay for Catholic schools is quite a bit lower than a lot of public schools. Often the choices for hiring boil down to two options: a young ambitious coach, who will likely use this job as a stepping stone or an alumni with an attachment to the school who will stick around for 20-30 years, assuming he’s successful.

I’m all for going after the best candidate whether internal/external or alumni/not alumni, but there are very real constraints that cause the pool of candidates to shrink.

Pay AND benefits.

I don't disagree that the landscape is changing. Certainly much less involvement in Catholicism. I do think they've made some good strides with opening the school up more to lower income students, public school students and, as recently as yesterday via social media, showcasing more minority students at freshmen orientation and showing a good mix of students from all races. Small things like that matter, I think. They've been doing outreach in the surrounding area for as long as I can remember through the toy drive, tutoring and clean ups around Price Hill.
Community service is great and something I agree that Elder does very well and sincerely.

But providing community service is not nearly the same as providing opportunity. That’s what this all boils down to.

And providing opportunity means being willing to provide open doors the same way some of the connected kids are provided open doors, and in some cases, even more opportunity to those outsiders to show you’re serious.

THAT’S where westsiders have the conflict. You’re not going to give extra benefits to an outsider to get a leg up, even though that’s exactly what they do for many insiders.

Only when they start to do that for outsiders will you see those outsiders take notice. That type of stuff starts with many of the things St Ed’s put into place to attract those outsiders (minority hiring, special inclusion groups for minorities, inclusive classes for all students, etc). These are the type of actions it takes.

Not community service. But every westsiders I’ve known always says “so they get these special things and everyone else doesn’t”? Yes, that’s how it works.

Not handouts, but programs and decisions that start to even the playing field of opportunity.

If they have limited minority applicants in their hiring and enrollment process, that is a cultural issue. 100% - no way to hide behind that.

I don’t know that to be true, it’s just a general statement, but I can make an educated guess based on the diversity of their students and staff.

Last edited:
Just take a look at St Ed’s website and their commitment to diversity and inclusion. They have a page dedicated to all of the programs at the school to foster a welcoming environment for all. These are the type of actions that show you’re serious. They are committed.

But I know no one will take a look and do a comparison.

meanwhile back at the topic of this discussion --

Peyton Ramsey/Tommy Kraemer - NFL Draft​

For the love of Pete, ignore him and move on. It's just like the Field of Dreams -- If you ignore him, he will go away.

meanwhile back at the topic of this discussion --

Peyton Ramsey/Tommy Kraemer - NFL Draft​

For the love of Pete, ignore him and move on. It's just like the Field of Dreams -- If you ignore him, he will go away.
I mean, you don't have to read the discussion at hand. Peyton's teaching and coaching at Elder. Tommy's firmly on the roster bubble with the Lions. There, nothing new to report.

Community service is great and something I agree that Elder does very well and sincerely.

But providing community service is not nearly the same as providing opportunity. That’s what this all boils down to.

And providing opportunity means being willing to provide open doors the same way some of the connected kids are provided open doors, and in some cases, even more opportunity to those outsiders to show you’re serious.

THAT’S where westsiders have the conflict. You’re not going to give extra benefits to an outsider to get a leg up, even though that’s exactly what they do for many insiders.

Only when they start to do that for outsiders will you see those outsiders take notice. That type of stuff starts with many of the things St Ed’s put into place to attract those outsiders (minority hiring, special inclusion groups for minorities, inclusive classes for all students, etc). These are the type of actions it takes.

Not community service. But every westsiders I’ve known always says “so they get these special things and everyone else doesn’t”? Yes, that’s how it works.

Not handouts, but programs and decisions that start to even the playing field of opportunity.
What benefits do "traditional" students get that give them a leg up? And these insiders you're talking about? Even the best athletes of my class and those with "legacy" names didn't seem to get any sort of special treatment or given anything that gave them a leg up on anyone. These connections you speak of may be true when kids graduate from high school because, quite frankly, that's how the real world works most of the time, but I'm failing to see how it'd work at the high school level and, speaking from experience, never saw anything of the sort.

It’s obvious we don’t agree. Familiarity, legacy, west side loyalty, family and friends relations all give a leg up as compared to an outsider. Of course it does - it’s not overt, but it definitely exists.

And for the 100th time, I’ve never said a legacy name just gets put on rosters and gets all the playing time. I’m saying the door is much more open for opportunity at a place like Elder where everyone knows each other and has generations of relationships.

That’s a great thing, but it’s a hindrance when you’re trying to expand your reach and not willing to change much to do it. I’ve explained this 50 different ways and you still continually go back to “legacy kids don’t always get roster spots”. You can lead a horse to water…

It’s just ingrained in your DNA - but damn, you are a stubborn bunch.

It’s obvious we don’t agree. Familiarity, legacy, west side loyalty, family and friends relations all give a leg up as compared to an outsider. Of course it does - it’s not overt, but it definitely exists.

And for the 100th time, I’ve never said a legacy name just gets put on rosters and gets all the playing time. I’m saying the door is much more open for opportunity at a place like Elder where everyone knows each other and has generations of relationships.

That’s a great thing, but it’s a hindrance when you’re trying to expand your reach and not willing to change much to do it. I’ve explained this 50 different ways and you still continually go back to “legacy kids don’t always get roster spots”. You can lead a horse to water…

It’s just ingrained in your DNA - but damn, you are a stubborn bunch.

what a long winded deflection. Name the benefits, dweeb.

Welcome to every aspect of life. Stop living with your head in the sand and join everyone else in reality.

what a long winded deflection. Name the benefits, dweeb.

Welcome to every aspect of life. Stop living with your head in the sand and join everyone else in reality.
The reality that they don’t really want to attract outsiders? Because that reality is pretty obvious too.

St Ed’s is serious - you guys, well, it is what it is. Just stop saying “you’re trying hard”.

The reality that they don’t really want to attract outsiders? Because that reality is pretty obvious too.

St Ed’s is serious - you guys, well, it is what it is. Just stop saying “you’re trying hard”.
Stop deflecting and name the benefits, dweeb.

You know your argument is running out of steam when all you can do is deflect and twist words (notice how the 2nd quoted part of my post didn’t mention attracting “outsiders”).

The same benefits anyone with privilege has when compared to people who don’t. It’s not one thing, its a culture of opportunity that exists for some and not for all. That manifests itself in plenty of ways - roster spots, playing time, jobs. benefit of the doubt, leadership opportunities, recommendations, etc, etc, etc. Those things come easier for those with likeness around them.

The fact that this concept is THIS foreign to you people is scary. It also explains ALOT.

Outsiders are blatantly telling you why they’re not attracted to your school and you’re basically telling them “nah, that’s not true, we’re good.”

The ironic part of all of this is, if they truly embraced this concept, they’d be a powerhouse in Ohio. Unstoppable on the field, in the classroom, and in the community. But hoarding opportunity is more important because Panther Dad is entitled to watch HIS kid run out of that tunnel.

Trey most people rather be a little stubborn than a straight up liar!

Ban lying Trey!

Last edited:
Outsiders are blatantly telling you why they’re not attracted to your school and you’re basically telling them “nah, that’s not true, we’re good.”

Wrong. Just because you say the same thing across your 7 banned usernames it’s still just one person. Outsiders would require more than just one nut job repeating himself without offering anything of substance to back his claims other than “I seent it!”

Status
Not open for further replies.