Perry at King of the Mountain Tourney

lars2k

Can someone post a link for results? I've been searching everywhere but cannot find it. Easy to find last couple of years, even was a webcast last 2 years. GO PANTHERS!!

Perry has 5 wrestlers in the Finals

As of 1:30pm Perry has 5 boys in the Championship Finals. Timeheckno, Newhouse, Dailey, Tayse, and Wise.

Only 3 boys are completely out the rest will place!!!!!

Last edited:
If the Panthers can hold on and win the team title, they should move up in the National rankings, Highpoint NJ is currently 10th in the Nation and they are behind the Panthers at the King of the Mountain.

Newhouse beats Rutherford 7-3 ,the number 3 ranked wrestler in the nation. Last week he pinned Heil from St Ed's who also is ranked in the top 10. When he is on he can beat anyone! Great job Mitch!

Perry Wins King Of The Mountain

Team Points 253

Bavery 3rd
Timehencko 1st
Newhouse 1st
Bast 7th
Z. Dailey 1st
Lemon 5th
Petrime- 4th
Arrendale 8th
Tayse 1st
Wise 2nd
Mayes 3rd

Good springboard heading into Medina. I really think the Panthers have a good shot at the team title there as well.

Pretty tough lineup when a 3rd place finisher last year at KOM, can't crack the lineup.

Speaking of the lineup..is Brandon Williams hurting? He seems to be a better wrestler than his showings thus far this season. and...Arrendale all the way up to 160? Did he get that big naturally, or was this the only place for him to go?

Ers
Good springboard heading into Medina. I really think the Panthers have a good shot at the team title there as well.

Pretty tough lineup when a 3rd place finisher last year at KOM, can't crack the lineup.

Speaking of the lineup..is Brandon Williams hurting? He seems to be a better wrestler than his showings thus far this season. and...Arrendale all the way up to 160? Did he get that big naturally, or was this the only place for him to go?

Eds will have there full line up at media I think Eds will beat them by 20 points but Perry will be in it for sure

Who finished third last year at the King of the Mountain tournament from Perry that did not crack the lineup this year?

High Point NJ # 15 in last weeks AWN Prep 40 www.amateurwrestlingnews.com -- MP was # 21 so MP moves up this week.

in fairness High Point was missing a couple guys, plus ace 125 Frankavilla inj default out of semis. But HP is the BEST public in NJ -- and MP coming off good IRONMAN showing looks better than hP, so congrats to MP.
s/BobP

Last edited:
Great Job Perry, Just keep getting better every week. March is where it Matters !!

To Bucksman, where is Newhouse ranked now in State, Nation at 119 ??

If Perry didn't do so much losing when it counted, then they would not have so much hate. Mean faces on posts! Always talking about one of their kids taking down another or their team knocking off another! Hate the game, not the players!

If Perry didn't do so much losing when it counted, then they would not have so much hate. Mean faces on posts! Always talking about one of their kids taking down another or their team knocking off another! Hate the game, not the players!

Are related to chincup?

Last edited:
Steve Spearman goes down again, this time to a kid I have never heard of. What is wrong with him?

Ty Lydic (Greater Latrobe), who beat Spearman is a tough wrestler. He was a state qualifier, 1-2 at the tournament, at 130 pounds. Keep in mind that PA is a two class state tournamet, so that's essentially a mid-place in Ohio (proving that point was that he placed 5th at the Powerade with two wins over Cinci Moeller's Drew Hammer).

At the Super32, Lydic lost to Spearman in OT in the quarters and then defaulted match to place. He also took 4th at the FloNationals (Tsirtsis, Skonieczny, and Jr double AA Garbinsky ahead of him).

I thik part of it is a matchup that if you can neutralize Spearman on his feet, the match will stay close. Easier said then done b/c he is explosive.

Looking at Massillon Perry ...
--I can't predict where Newhouse will be ranked b/c I haven't done process yet nationally. I would put him above Heil from a process standpoint, though I think Heil would be a 60-40 favorite in a rematch. I think he is clearly behind the four kids that outplaced him at the Ironman.
--> the win over Retherford is an important win for him, very positive result. however, to say he beat the #3 kid in the country is a misrepresentation b/c Retherford is #3 at 112 as opposed to 119. Still it was not a win I personally saw coming.

--From the team standpoint, they outperformed High Point. High Point essentially finished third because their best wrestler had to default out in the semifinals to sixth. Whether he beats Beckman or not (I don't think he does), this is still a ten-plus point boost for High Point. The 119 that got taken to the woodshed by Newhouse on Friday is a former state placer and blew weight Saturday morning (what is it about losing to Mitch that causes you to stop wrestling in touraments?) - that was a few more points, but they were still getting nowhere near Perry.
They were missing no one else material, which is a surprise for them at this point. There are certain aspects to High Point's team which are better -- their four superstars (though one took a bad loss, Guzzo/160, this weekend), and there are aspects of Massillon Perry's squad that are better -- depth from one through fourteen (High Point is a little weak prior to 145 except for Hagany and Francavilla).

--From a team ranking mechanics perspective, the two teams will converge for sure with a possible/probable flip. I don't want to guarantee anything b/c I have not went through the full process.

Can't believe Milin can't get in the lineup.
Must be one ---- of a JV wrestler.

Who is Bast? Who is Spangler?

Williams has to be hurt he is better than that!

Arrendale wrestled 140 at Iron so they must not have had a better guy at 160 at KOM? Or he's been eating at PF Changs lately...happens to me all the time when i eat there, that stuff is like spackle in the inetstines.