Paid to watch a scrimmage tonight

12penguins

which I think is just crap. Speaking of, Beavercreek led Fairborn 10-0 late first half when I left. there was however one thing good about the night. My new stadium chair is comfortable.

Jamboree games require a donation to the OHSAA charity of a few hundred bucks. School was probably trying to cover that charge along with officials. Depends on how financially sound the school is. With diesel at $5.25 a gallon for the buses and officials costing more, a number of them will have to make it up somewhere.

They are not allowed to charge for the scrimmage. They are allowed to ask for a donation. I believe this is the rule

I made the drive from Dublin to Pickerington Thursday night. 42 Minutes, great night, the Pickerington Central folks were great, they are winners. And it was all FREE!!!

Thanks Good Luck this year PC

I’m hearing Winton Woods/ Moeller scrimmage will be $5. Not really surprising considering this will probably be a packed house.
Also, considering WW like some districts are cash strapped, why not try to make a few dollars.

Last summer, the OHSAA put out a bulletin that allowed schools to charge for scrimmages. I didn't see anything this year that changed that. Other then Jamboree and Preview events, I didn't see any schools in Southern Ohio charge.

Jamboree games require a donation to the OHSAA charity of a few hundred bucks. School was probably trying to cover that charge along with officials. Depends on how financially sound the school is. With diesel at $5.25 a gallon for the buses and officials costing more, a number of them will have to make it up somewhere.
OHSAA Football Regulations
1.2) Scrimmages

- 1.23) Grades 9-12 may participate in a maximum of two scrimmages not to exceed three hours in length. The three hour time limit begins when the scrimmage begins. High school teams may use a game format in one or both of their scrimmages and they may charge admission

I’m hearing Winton Woods/ Moeller scrimmage will be $5. Not really surprising considering this will probably be a packed house.
Also, considering WW like some districts are cash strapped, why not try to make a few dollars.
Don't forget the increase in officiating fees that many schools will need to absorb.

I would prefer that they reduce the price a little, more like a junior high game: $3-$5 range. Also, if I'm paying for a game-I want to see a game for sure. No 10 play alternating series' and coaches on the field, I want to see as close to the real thing as I can get for my scrimmage money.

I think the general rule about this is if the game being played is played like an actual game. I've noticed in the past if the game is played with fair catch kick off/punt and only 2 quarters varsity, it's usually no admission.

I would prefer that they reduce the price a little, more like a junior high game: $3-$5 range. Also, if I'm paying for a game-I want to see a game for sure. No 10 play alternating series' and coaches on the field, I want to see as close to the real thing as I can get for my scrimmage money.
Shoot, I'm quivering about going and watching the grand daughters cheering in Pee Wee football! I heard they are now charging starting this year. ☹️

I would think they would get better results asking for donations. If I were to attend a scrimmage and they passed the hat, so to speak, I'd certainly drop in more than the fiver mentioned in a post.

i have no issue paying for a scrimmage but has to be cheaper than a game. $5 is fine. make it free for students. i’ve always thought all students should get in free to athletic events.

Not sure if charging a gate fee is the right look, epically when asking students and parents to kick in $s when they are already invested in the activity. On the flip side casual fans should chip in some $s, maybe make it a free will donation that will go to the actual expenses of the scrimmage.

I have seen it in the past some teams have been smart and used their home scrimmage as a fundraiser for a group, such as a chicken bowl, where ya sold chicken dinner tickets. Gets people to show up, possibly stay, and make some group some $$$ at the same time without fleecing the fans.

Start a tradition and people will start to expect and look for it.

I have seen it in the past some teams have been smart and used their home scrimmage as a fundraiser for a group, such as a chicken bowl, where ya sold chicken dinner tickets. Gets people to show up, possibly stay, and make some group some $$$ at the same time without fleecing the fans.

Start a tradition and people will start to expect and look for it.
This I dont mind. But I dont like the idea of paying for scrimmages. Just like I hate having preseason NFL games included in my season tickets.

Times are tight obviously for yappilanders for sure. If you can't afford the $5 to go to the school, then DON'T GO! Although I agree about the preseason NFL. They force that on you and is definitely not cool. No one is forcing you to get off the rocking chair and spend your $5 if you don't like it. Just don't go.

Can we charge for parking at the road?
We repaved our parking lot this summer.
Also, need to pay for a new roof… and weight room.., and teachers striking, so might need to give them a raise.
We also want a turf field, so a Snickers bar is $5.
Band wants to go to the Rose Bowl, so popcorn is $10.
Anything else???