PAC - 7 Football

Quite a monumental task. I don't think they go down without a fight unlike what transpired in the PAC last weekend.
1. Manchester had the easiest game of the week 11. Wauseon getting Triway may have been a seed upset, but if you talked to anyone from west of Mansfield/Tiffin it wasn't a surprise.
2. Are you saying Manchester will lose to Kirtland by less than anyone else did last week? By my public school math that would be 21 (Fairless 14 Poland 35).
3. Before committing to this are you aware that one (ONE) team has scored more than 10 points on Kirtland this year? And that team gave up over 60 to the Hornets. Rumor has it the Kirtland soccer team & band were playing in 4th quarter and scored 3 FGs & and oboe.
4. Confirming - you are saying IF Manchester loses it will be by less than the 21 that Fairless lost by?

1. Obviously Manchester had the easiest game in Week 11. Edison was probably the worst team they faced all year. 2. Fairless made the score look decent, but they were down 35-0 and running clock early in 2nd Half. 3. I am aware of Kirtland's schedule and results. I am also aware that Northwest was embarrassed by a team that Kirtland beat soundly. 4. I'm simply stating they will be much more competitive than anything that went on last Friday. Kirtland > Perry and South Range > Poland so I realize the top of Region 17 is no joke

1. Obviously Manchester had the easiest game in Week 11. Edison was probably the worst team they faced all year. 2. Fairless made the score look decent, but they were down 35-0 and running clock early in 2nd Half. 3. I am aware of Kirtland's schedule and results. I am also aware that Northwest was embarrassed by a team that Kirtland beat soundly. 4. I'm simply stating they will be much more competitive than anything that went on last Friday. Kirtland > Perry and South Range > Poland so I realize the top of Region 17 is no joke
So….what are you saying? Not trying to be coy, but you said “don't think they go down without a fight unlike what transpired in the PAC last weekend.” That gives me the impression Manchester will do better than the rest of the league did in week 11. Obviously we’d all like to see Manchester win (don’t go there guys) but what is the acceptable losing margin to be considered giving a “fight”?

So….what are you saying? Not trying to be coy, but you said “don't think they go down without a fight unlike what transpired in the PAC last weekend.” That gives me the impression Manchester will do better than the rest of the league did in week 11. Obviously we’d all like to see Manchester win (don’t go there guys) but what is the acceptable losing margin to be considered giving

Last edited:
Canton South Coach Dennison is a average coach. How many games did he win this year when he was an underdog? All the years at NP he rarely won a game he was picked to lose, but lost several he was picked to win. He jumped ship to go to CS where he can be the big school in the PAC

Closest game Kirtland has had so far this year
There ya go. That is a definitive statement. Manchester will be within 25 of the Hornets.

Thought the 2019 team had a shot in the last year of Wright/Foster when they stayed within 2 scores most of the game and only lost by 20 something. Not sure I feel that way this year.

So now we are debating how badly Manchester will be crushed by Kirtland? Will it be three touchdowns or will it be seven. Seriously? Does it matter? A rout is a rout.

Rather than arguing about how we want to define what we would consider a respectable showing, maybe the better question is:

Will Manchester score more than or fewer than 8 points?

While it might not be a running clock like many think it could be (which still is very possible), I'm thinking it ends up somewhere in the 35-7 range.

Last edited:
Rather than arguing about how we want to define what we would consider a respectable showing, maybe the better question is:

While it might not be a running clock like many think it could be (which still is very possible), I'm thinking it ends up somewhere in the 35-7

Last edited:
How many state championships does Manchester have? How many does CCC have? That's what I thought.
1. Pretty sure Manchester is a "0" on titles considering they have a banner in their gym that says "Greatest team ever" and it didn't win a championship
2. I am not a Manchester alum or fan. Frankly, I'm probably as likely to mock them as anyone in the league.
3. While we all poke fun at each other and discussing our league on this thread, I envision you are the type of person who would spend an evening going through every channel on your tv shouting about how terrible the program is and questioning how could anyone watch it.
4. CCC has a great history in football. Please remind us all again about your connection to that history and why you hold it so tightly to your chest?

Over 8 first half. I'm confident Manchester will score. I think the bigger issue will be containing Kirtland's QB and their athletic 6'4 WR
WOW. That would be something if they did that. Only 1 Kirtland opponent has scored more than 8 in a game & you have them doing it in the first half. Considering Perry (best team on Kirtland's schedule & a #4 seed in D4) only got 6 for the game it goes without saying your confidence meter is hovering between "optimistic" & "ludicrous".

While it might not be a running clock like many think it could be (which still is very possible), I'm thinking it ends up somewhere in the 35-7 range.
My turn to chime in. People are entitled to their own opinion about the Hornets. If a minority of people wish to prognosticate blowout wins across the table like I’ve read on a few threads, fine; I won’t feed into it though.

This may surprise some people, but I have the final score being something like 35-10 or 38-14; comparable to the Indian Valley game in a way. I have a lot of respect for the Panthers & know they were dealing with a lot of change last year.

With that being said, I understand they bring back a decent chunk of starters from last season. Given that their season has ended against the Hornets in 2019 & 2020, I think they will give a strong fight for a good portion of the game.

Their games against teams like Black River, Indian Valley, Mogadore, Triway Northwest, & Fairless all do not look like blowouts in my eyes. In fact, the win against Mogadore I can assure you surprised some of the Hornet faithful, including myself.

We could play the head-to-head game & say “If Manchester lost to so-and-so & Kirtland beat so-and-so, then it should be a blowout.” I won’t stop one from thinking that way, but the Panthers are a solid 8-seed & are worthy of potentially giving Kirtland a good ballgame come Saturday.

I expect the Hornets to win #52 in a row, but I don’t expect it to be a cakewalk by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:
My turn to chime in. People are entitled to their own opinion about the Hornets. If a minority of people wish to prognosticate blowout wins across the table like I’ve read on a few threads, fine; I won’t feed into it though.

This may surprise some people, but I have the final score being something like 35-10 or 38-14; comparable to the Indian Valley game in a way. I have a lot of respect for the Panthers & know they were dealing with a lot of change last year.

With that being said, I understand they bring back a decent chunk of starters from last season. Given that their season has ended against the Hornets in 2019 & 2020, I think they will give a strong fight for a good portion of the game.

Their games against teams like Black River, Indian Valley, Mogadore, Triway, & Fairless all do not look like blowouts in my eyes. In fact, the win against Mogadore I can assure you surprised some of the Hornet faithful, including myself.

We could play the head-to-head game & say “If Manchester lost to so-and-so & Kirtland beat so-and-so, then it should be a blowout.” I won’t stop one from thinking that way, but the Panthers are a solid 8-seed & are worthy of potentially giving Kirtland a good ballgame come Saturday.

I expect the Hornets to win #52 in a row, but I don’t expect it to be a cakewalk by any stretch of the imagination.
Nice post and some good insight. The only things I would say is that it won't be 10 because we don't kick field goals and Triway was indeed very much a blowout.

Nice post and some good insight. The only things I would say is that it won't be 10 because we don't kick field goals and Triway was indeed very much a blowout.
I meant to say Northwest. Triway was a running clock, so it’s hard to say that was not a blowout lol.

Kirtland has only kicked field goals about three or four times this season, so I am guessing the only kicker action we’ll see is from kickoffs & PATs.

Their games against teams like Black River, Indian Valley, Mogadore, Triway Northwest, & Fairless all do not look like blowouts in my eyes. In fact, the win against Mogadore I can assure you surprised some of the Hornet faithful, including myself.

I appreciate your humbleness, but honestly Kirtland is going to kick the snot out of Manchester on Saturday. My guess is that your JV would take them to the shed as well.

How many state championships does Manchester have? How many does CCC have? That's what I thought.
Hmm....A small private school located smack dab in the middle of Massillon and Canton, surrounded by huge schools vs a school located in New Franklin, surround by lakes and other small schools.......yeah that a pretty good comparison I'd say! Hell - if we're gonna play the game we might as well play it! How many state championships does St. Ignatius AND/OR St. Eds have vs Westlake HS? How many do St V St M AND/OR Hoban have compared to lets say Akron North, East, Ellet, Buchtel, Firestone, Garfield....

I'm not a Manchester fan, in fact, I dog on them just about as much if not more than anyone being a NW fan - but I just can't give anyone from CCC any type of credibility when all of your players are coming from huge districts like Massillon, Perry, Jackson, and Canton to play D6 football. For all the Manchester faithful, I say "Congrat" on all your success Stizodstedion

Hmm....A small private school located smack dab in the middle of Massillon and Canton, surrounded by huge schools vs a school located in New Franklin, surround by lakes and other small schools.......yeah that a pretty good comparison I'd say! Hell - if we're gonna play the game we might as well play it! How many state championships does St. Ignatius AND/OR St. Eds have vs Westlake HS? How many do St V St M AND/OR Hoban have compared to lets say Akron North, East, Ellet, Buchtel, Firestone, Garfield....

I'm not a Manchester fan, in fact, I dog on them just about as much if not more than anyone being a NW fan - but I just can't give anyone from CCC any type of credibility when all of your players are coming from huge districts like Massillon, Perry, Jackson, and Canton to play D6 football. For all the Manchester faithful, I say "Congrat" on all your success Stizodstedion
Nice post, but if you have been on the forum for a length of time you would know that @Stizostedion agrees with all of your points about CCC having an advantage and utilizing it to win athletic championships. He often is critical of CVCA for not utilizing the same advantage there as CCC does in Stark county. Although he waffles on when exactly CVCA is using it's advantages vs. when it doesn't.

Lol no, no. I think this year is all about Versailles and Kirtland. A better example would've been Coldwater beating Mooney. Shouldn't have happened physically looking at the two teams. But the less talented team that night had bigger balls and a little luck. Don't go to war without your balls, men!
Comparing Kirtland to 2007 Mooney I understand. Comparing Manchester to Coldwater? Meh. Coldwater was 13-1 going into that state championship game, playing in the MAC, with its only loss to undefeated state champ Marion Local, so it's not like they were just an "above average" team. Sure, Mooney was a huge favorite, but...

Good luck to Manchester this weekend! Would be great to see you knock off the Hornets. I would enjoy eating that crow very much!

Upsets happen. Is one likely Saturday? Maybe not. But, a few of us who have been around for a while remember games back in 97 against CCC and Benedictine, and even against Ursuline in 2013, that were supposed to be losses, and those turned out going the other way. That's why you play the games.