PAC - 7 Football

I believe CVCA kicked and recovered 6 onside kicks last year to help beat Perry. Perry didn't have an offensive play until well into the second quarter if I remember right. Northwest just isn't that good this year. This game is over by halftime.
True. That was a crazy game.

Also, if NW can get past Perry, they've got a favorable matchup waiting in the winner of Gilmour-Girard. Definitely the best potential second round matchup for a PAC team. Then they'd run into WB and be obliterated.
D4 13 & 14 are crazy. Over here we're all focused on VASJ & Ursuline, and they're not too shabby, but rest of R13 is really good. Agree with earlier poster who said Poland would have won the PAC and defer to 123 on Perry. CVCA finally broke their Perry-curse last year. This year's Perry team lost to Kenston & Kirtland. Not only is NW not near as good as those 2 teams, their name starts with the wrong letter.

As for Triway, hard to say, but I think the co-champs are actually underrated. Aside from that crazy week of injuries/absences, they're just continued to improve. That said, R14 might not have the "name" teams, but I think it's actually much stronger than R13.

I won't diss on Fairless anymore (I do root for ALL PAC teams in playoffs).

West Branch just squeaked by Salem in OT. A Salem squad that lost to Carrollton and Alliance. WB plays a very weak schedule. They are good but certainly not a juggernaut.
LO makes a good point. West Branch's schedule ain't great, BUT (pay attention Fairless) it is filled with D3 & D4. Since PAC already has 3 D5 schools, the D4 ones would be smart to follow CVCA's plan of scheduling UP in OOC. West Branch's competition was mediocre, they went 10-0 and are the 1 seed. Fairless schedule was ____, they went 9-1 and are the 8 seed. Argue all the math terms you want, bottom line is the numbers don't lie.

D4 13 & 14 are crazy. Over here we're all focused on VASJ & Ursuline, and they're not too shabby, but rest of R13 is really good. Agree with earlier poster who said Poland would have won the PAC and defer to 123 on Perry. CVCA finally broke their Perry-curse last year. This year's Perry team lost to Kenston & Kirtland. Not only is NW not near as good as those 2 teams, their name starts with the wrong letter.

As for Triway, hard to say, but I think the co-champs are actually underrated. Aside from that crazy week of injuries/absences, they're just continued to improve. That said, R14 might not have the "name" teams, but I think it's actually much stronger than R13.

I won't diss on Fairless anymore (I do root for ALL PAC teams in playoffs).
welll.......
LO makes a good point. West Branch's schedule ain't great, BUT (pay attention Fairless) it is filled with D3 & D4. Since PAC already has 3 D5 schools, the D4 ones would be smart to follow CVCA's plan of scheduling UP in OOC. West Branch's competition was mediocre, they went 10-0 and are the 1 seed. Fairless schedule was ____, they went 9-1 and are the 8 seed. Argue all the math terms you want, bottom line is the numbers don't lie.
you made it 4 mins bahahahahahahahaha

Over an inch of rain Friday afternoon. More rain Friday night. Does this change anything. It’s been a good fall, weather-wise. But is Friday’s forecast an equalizer? Wet, slippery balls? Soggy fields. An interesting twist.
Slippery balls.....sounds like it could be a sticky situation....

(I'm sorry I could NOT leave this one sit)

welll.......

you made it 4 mins bahahahahahahahaha
In his defense, that was not a diss on Fairless at all. That was just an objective observation of their strength of schedule (or lack thereof). 5 of their 10 opponents had 2 or fewer wins. But everyone in the PAC-7 had at least 3 of those same opponents, so it's not entirely in their control who they play. Having 2 non-conference opponents with 1 win each hurt their ability to finish higher in the region.

With that said, going 9-1 is difficult no matter who you play.

In his defense, that was not a diss on Fairless at all. That was just an objective observation of their strength of schedule (or lack thereof). 5 of their 10 opponents had 2 or fewer wins. But everyone in the PAC-7 had at least 3 of those same opponents, so it's not entirely in their control who they play. Having 2 non-conference opponents with 1 win each hurt their ability to finish higher in the region.

I was just messing with RG - I'm certainly not a Falcon apologist, their schedule was hot garbage lol

Here’s the great thing. This thing called a playoff allows teams to prove it on the field.

With respect to Fairless, I thought they were going to go 10-0. Was shocked that they stumbled so badly against Triway. I get that they are celebrating their first conference championship since the Carter administration. But in reality, they finished second in the PAC, when head to head is taken into account.

But, it’s a new season. Win in week 11, and they get to host CVCA in a rematch (cough … err … travel to West Branch).

There’s always hope. Right?

Bottom line. Just keep winning and no one will care that they were an 8 seed.

! knew when I typed the 2nd response that somebody would catch that.

Made my point, don't need to belabor. Like @cuyahogacuse said earlier in the year "special" season is defined differently for everyone.

(Also, "special" could be used to describe a few of the folks in this forum . . .)
No need to bring the Chester folks into this RG, they've been through enough the last couple years....LOL

Few thoughts on Fairless, Tusky Valley and Claymont have been very bad for a very long time. When the A.D. and coach renewed the contract with T.V. and signed the new contract with Claymont did they think they would some how magically get better? What seed would Fairless be if they still had Dalton on the schedule and were able to pick up that win? Under the old playoff format Fairless would have stood a chance of being left out if they lost to Manchester or if Poland won one more game. I'm with R.G. it's on the leadership. Teams these days are only as good as the schedule they play especially when trying to make a playoff run. So now Fairless gets to face a very tough foe from the all-American conference. The AAC as a whole is much stronger then the PAC. Seminary is a program that has been there. Even though they lost to Ursuline last year they managed to win three playoff games. In 2019 I believe they were regional Champs. There H.C. is in his first year after coaching Lakeview for the last 22 years. His father was a legendary coach at poland for a number of years. Would love to see the Falcons play the Bulldogs tough or even pull off the upset, just can't see that happening. Maybe A.J. Will opt to do the ring of fire prior to the game to try and throw off the Bulldogs. Best of luck to all the PAC 7 teams this weekend

I give you guys props. My son plays for Poland and I have enjoyed reading this thread and a couple others. I really didn't know anything about Fairless as we just don't get down that way in league or OOC play. I am looking forward to a great game by both teams tomorrow night.

I give you guys props. My son plays for Poland and I have enjoyed reading this thread and a couple others. I really didn't know anything about Fairless as we just don't get down that way in league or OOC play. I am looking forward to a great game by both teams tomorrow night.
My son graduated a few years ago, but I still follow the program. What I can tell you about the Falcons..Well coached team that is very disciplined. Kids play extremely hard and they have really good overall team speed. They do have playmakers on offense and have shown the ability to score quickly. Their young quarterback is the brother of former YSU standout Hunter Wells .They put alot of emphasis in their special teams. Defensively they have looked strong at times, but have struggled as of late .Both Linebackers are very active and really good players. We just don't have a large roster and are limited on depth, also fighting a few key injuries. It's definitely a feel good story in navarre considering where we have been for so many years. Good news is the majority of starters are juniors with a few sophomores sprinkled in, so fairless should be really good next year..always interesting when 2 teams meet for the first time..safe travels and enjoy the game

My son graduated a few years ago, but I still follow the program. What I can tell you about the Falcons..Well coached team that is very disciplined. Kids play extremely hard and they have really good overall team speed. They do have playmakers on offense and have shown the ability to score quickly. Their young quarterback is the brother of former YSU standout Hunter Wells .They put alot of emphasis in their special teams. Defensively they have looked strong at times, but have struggled as of late .Both Linebackers are very active and really good players. We just don't have a large roster and are limited on depth, also fighting a few key injuries. It's definitely a feel good story in navarre considering where we have been for so many years. Good news is the majority of starters are juniors with a few sophomores sprinkled in, so fairless should be really good next year..always interesting when 2 teams meet for the first time..safe travels and enjoy the game
I get it. Football has been part of our lives for 9 years, since Little Bulldogs. I have a senior and a freshman so I am really treasuring these days.

When the pairings were announced, I watched game films. I agree with your take on Fairless. I do see most key guys go both ways and that's tough. We have been there. Poland is big and strong and can bring it on both sides of the ball. It will be a very physical game. But, Fairless can definitely score and our guys had better be ready. Like I said before, should be a very good game and I am praying the weather doesn't end up as bad as they are predicting. I want to see these guys go at it.

See you at kickoff. Go Dogs!

Wauseon at Triway (I lived in NW Ohio for a number of years and Wauseon plays in a very competitive small/medium school league, actually comparable to the PAC in good years. Wauseon is as good as anyone in the PAC, right now.)
Poland at Fairless
CVCA at West Branch
Northwest at Perry
Edison at Manchester

All of that said, I'm a PAC fan during the playoffs, so I hope I'm wrong on those predictions against the league.

It's amazing to me how many people believe that Fairless is a "well coached" team. They are not well coached at all. They have some Jimmy's and Joe's this year, nothing special is going on from the sidelines or up in the booth. This guy from Poland is going to coach the guy from Fairless under the table. Understand my point here, Fairless has the athletes and horses up front to win this game so it won't be on the players. They will come out flat and they will be a 9-1 team with a running clock put on them.

It's amazing to me how many people believe that Fairless is a "well coached" team. They are not well coached at all. They have some Jimmy's and Joe's this year, nothing special is going on from the sidelines or up in the booth. This guy from Poland is going to coach the guy from Fairless under the table. Understand my point here, Fairless has the athletes and horses up front to win this game so it won't be on the players. They will come out flat and they will be a 9-1 team with a running clock put on them.
Pump the brakes here boss.....The guy from Poland isn't out-coaching anyone. Take a look at the recent Lakeview teams before he left. They were gawd awful the last couple years. He also chose to play his son at QB at Lakeview the last couple years when everyone in that district knew there was a better option sitting behind him. I don't know much about the Fairless coach(es) but you are giving the Poland coach WAY too much credit.

Pump the brakes here boss.....The guy from Poland isn't out-coaching anyone. Take a look at the recent Lakeview teams before he left. They were gawd awful the last couple years. He also chose to play his son at QB at Lakeview the last couple years when everyone in that district knew there was a better option sitting behind him. I don't know much about the Fairless coach(es) but you are giving the Poland coach WAY too much credit.
Maybe your missing my point so I will make it more clear. It is just about impossible to be a worse in game coach than what Fairless has. So as bad as the guy at Poland is, the Fairless guy is worse.

Wauseon at Triway. Figure this to be the best game of the weekend. Both spread teams so will see who handles the wind & wet better, but edge to Titans
Poland at Fairless. Has been said a few times before, for whatever issues Poland has, if they were a PAC team they'd likely be the league champs. Manchester did nothing but pound the ball & scored 40 against Fairless, Poland will do the same, but better.
CVCA at West Branch. West Branch is not a "great" #1 seed, but they're probably more than enough for this year's Royals.
Northwest at Perry. Lots of PAC teams claimed "we're getting better" this year but it was mostly because how the schedule hit. NW actually did improve. The problem is they're going to face a Perry team who held Kirtland to their lowest offensive output of the year. Offensively, if the Pirates get to 20+ points, they haven't lost this year.
Edison at Manchester. Panthers were good enough last year and they're even better this year. Thoughts & Prayers for PA announcer. By end of game it's going to be impossible to tell #s on jerseys.

Maybe your missing my point so I will make it more clear. It is just about impossible to be a worse in game coach than what Fairless has. So as bad as the guy at Poland is, the Fairless guy is worse.
LOL no, I got the point entirely - MY point was that the Poland coach isn't exactly Vince Lombardi.

FINALS:
Poland Seminary 35 Fairless 14
Wauseon 41 Triway 7
Perry 42 Northwest 6
West Branch 45 CVCA 8
Not much to say...boy that's rough. Don't know anything about Wauseon but they must be pretty good. The others weren't shockers but didn't think everyone would get running clocked tonight