PAC - 7 Football

Triway.

NW, CVCA get really bad first round draws.

Manchester, Fairless get it in the second round.

Triway could win 2 before running up against a really tough team.

Wouldn't be so quick to underestimate Poland vs Fairless. Poland is 7-3 but lost to three teams with a record of 28-2. They are physical and although I know nothing about Fairless, I can tell you their run defense will be tested.

Triway.

NW, CVCA get really bad first round draws.

Manchester, Fairless get it in the second round.

Triway could win 2 before running up against a really tough team.
Wouldn't be so quick to underestimate Poland vs Fairless. Poland is 7-3 but lost to three teams with a record of 28-2. They are physical and although I know nothing about Fairless, I can tell you their run defense will be tested.
Have to agree with HSFB. Now that NW avoided Ursuline I'm actually thinking Fairless could be in the running for the "biggest loss by a home team" trophy. In back to back weeks they proved that they couldn't stop power run (Manchester) or spread run (Triway). Poland put up 34 on South Range (#2 D5R17), pretty sure there's nothing about Fairless that's got them worried.

Manchester is obviously better than they were in 2020 when the blew out the same team that's coming to town in week 11.

Triway got a good shot, but there's some stiff competition in the NW region.

Have to agree with HSFB. Now that NW avoided Ursuline I'm actually thinking Fairless could be in the running for the "biggest loss by a home team" trophy. In back to back weeks they proved that they couldn't stop power run (Manchester) or spread run (Triway). Poland put up 34 on South Range (#2 D5R17), pretty sure there's nothing about Fairless that's got them worried.

Manchester is obviously better than they were in 2020 when the blew out the same team that's coming to town in week 11.

After seeing how it wound up, I really like NW chances to win a couple.

After seeing how it wound up, I really like NW chances to win a couple.
Avoiding Ursuline is great, but not sure a trip to Perry is much of a reward. The Pirates got smoked by Kirtland (welcome to the club, punch is on the left, but you better get a seat because we're filling up quickly) & played Kenston tight. If NW can win that, all bets are off.

I guess people see things differently. Manchester scored 40 points.
7 came from pick 6.
7 came from their spread at the end of the game.
7 came from a bad punt snap where they got the ball on the Fairless 25.
So 3 of their scores they “ran the ball down the fairless throat”
I think Manchester is very physical. Plays as hard as anyone but sure seems like you have an issue with the Falcons.
Triway didn’t run the ball against Fairless at all. They threw it. They had one big run under 4 minutes to go when the game was over. The games I’ve seen of fairless they get everything they can out of their kids and play hard.
just my opinion. Poland is a tough draw but fairless will play hard and compete.

I guess people see things differently. Manchester scored 40 points.
7 came from pick 6.
7 came from their spread at the end of the game.
7 came from a bad punt snap where they got the ball on the Fairless 25.
So 3 of their scores they “ran the ball down the fairless throat”
I think Manchester is very physical. Plays as hard as anyone but sure seems like you have an issue with the Falcons.
Triway didn’t run the ball against Fairless at all. They threw it. They had one big run under 4 minutes to go when the game was over. The games I’ve seen of fairless they get everything they can out of their kids and play hard.
just my opinion. Poland is a tough draw but fairless will play hard and compete.
1. Yes, we see things differently
2. Yes, I have an issue with the Falcons. They had a schedule softer than Charmin & played like it against the other 2 top teams in the league.

I wanted to be a Falcon fan all year, but just wasn't impressed. Congrats on sharing the league title, but fully expect a repeat of last year's one & done playoff trip. But, as has been shown on this thread, I've been wrong many times in the past. I just doubt it here.

PS - welcome to Yappi, Dad

Triway didn’t run the ball against Fairless at all. They threw it. They had one big run under 4 minutes to go when the game was over.
Take away that 55-yard run late in the 4th quarter, and Triway still ran for 137 yards on 29 carries (4.7 yards per carry).

Good luck to ALL PAC-7 teams in the playoffs. Would be great to see a handful of teams make a run!

1. Yes, we see things differently
2. Yes, I have an issue with the Falcons. They had a schedule softer than Charmin & played like it against the other 2 top teams in the league.

I wanted to be a Falcon fan all year, but just wasn't impressed. Congrats on sharing the league title, but fully expect a repeat of last year's one & done playoff trip. But, as has been shown on this thread, I've been wrong many times in the past. I just doubt it here.

PS - welcome to Yappi, Dad
Just trying to be honest and fair.
first league title since 1979. How is their schedule their fault?
they’ve opened up with SV for 5 years now. Great Thursday night. They went 6-4. In a really good conference. TV is a rivalry from the old pac 7. I can understand claymont but that game was signed a few years ago. The kids play who they play. They’ve had some injuries to starters. 35 kids on the team. They drilled some teams that other teams had games with. It’s why you play the game. Personally just don’t understand the Fairless hate train.

Just trying to be honest and fair.
first league title since 1979. How is their schedule their fault?
they’ve opened up with SV for 5 years now. Great Thursday night. They went 6-4. In a really good conference. TV is a rivalry from the old pac 7. I can understand claymont but that game was signed a few years ago. The kids play who they play. They’ve had some injuries to starters. 35 kids on the team. They drilled some teams that other teams had games with. It’s why you play the game. Personally just don’t understand the Fairless hate train.
Dude, no 'hate train' here. If anything I was one of their biggest supporters early in the year. They just didn't finish strong & don't look to make much of an impact in R13. That's not "hate" that's just a fact.

The league title AWESOME. That should be celebrated.

My point is between dressing up as a Jim Tressel clone on Fridays & running around to Johnny Cash songs after home wins, the coach is going to have to decide if he wants to just win games & have a good record or play tough games & get better. Right now it looks like the former. That's fine, but then you can't complain when the Harbin computer says your 9-1 record is a sham and makes you an 8 seed.

Again, that's nothing to do with the kids. That's with the leadership.

Dude, no 'hate train' here. If anything I was one of their biggest supporters early in the year. They just didn't finish strong & don't look to make much of an impact in R13. That's not "hate" that's just a fact.

The league title AWESOME. That should be celebrated.

My point is between dressing up as a Jim Tressel clone on Fridays & running around to Johnny Cash songs after home wins, the coach is going to have to decide if he wants to just win games & have a good record or play tough games & get better. Right now it looks like the former. That's fine, but then you can't complain when the Harbin computer says your 9-1 record is a sham and makes you an 8 seed.

Again, that's nothing to do with the kids. That's with the leadership.
They’re an 8 seed bc the teams they played played 10 games. Compare L1s and L2s. Teams in their region had divisors of 60s 70s and 80s. That has a lot to do with it. As for the Jim Tressel I asked him about it. His head football coach Hertler is very close with Tressel. He met Tressel at a very young age and Hertler and his Dad took him to spring practice growing up. Tressel let him sit in on meetings and be at practice etc. So it’s his role model and a guy he looks up to. That’s why he does it. When he explained it to me I thought it was a cool story and has respect for someone that made an impact on his life.

If he wants to hear some Fairless hate I will not pull any punches. The Falcons are about to get drilled. Poland gets a running clock and the Jim Tressel clone can get ready for next year.

They’re an 8 seed bc the teams they played played 10 games. Compare L1s and L2s. Teams in their region had divisors of 60s 70s and 80s. That has a lot to do with it. As for the Jim Tressel I asked him about it. His head football coach Hertler is very close with Tressel. He met Tressel at a very young age and Hertler and his Dad took him to spring practice growing up. Tressel let him sit in on meetings and be at practice etc. So it’s his role model and a guy he looks up to. That’s why he does it. When he explained it to me I thought it was a cool story and has respect for someone that made an impact on his life.
1. The divisor thing? That's a nice distraction, but y'all played a crap schedule and are paying for it. Perry is #4. Every team they played had 10 games except for Kirtland who also happened to be the only smaller school they played all year.
2. Obviously he respects Tressel. I think lots of folks in the state do as well. They just don't all copy the look. I guess he feels he's honoring Tressel by dressing like that. I think it's an adult version of "look at me". Especially when they do the Ring of Fire run around after games.

@Lost Octopus - how's the pasture in New Franklin looking after all this rain? Does the new school plans call for a turf field or are they keeping the stadium where it is? Considering how many schools are turf these days it's actually a significant homefield advantage for y'all this time of year.

And exactly why Koach never wanted turf.
I love all the comments about all the ways in which Koach would win games other than by playing hard nosed good football. Always something like 'wouldnt schedule so and so'. I know the guy. It's just not true. The man was tough, was/is a winner.
Regarding turf- I think it's a bad idea personally. The cost is bad for schools in the end. Also, I played in grass and turf, big difference on the body.
But, Manchester is going to move the stadium to a new location and out in field turn and it will be shared with the soccer teams. Times advance and it is what it is.

PAC Picks?

Wauseon at Triway
Poland at Fairless
CVCA at West Branch
Northwest at Perry
Edison at Manchester

I have:
Triway (like their passing game and front 7)
Fairless (maybe speaking with heart more than head here, but Poland choked last year with a better team)
West Branch (no explanation needed)
Northwest (both lost to very good teams, but following up on CVCAs win at Perry last year and trusting NW ability to defend the run, I like NW)
Manchester (run game and defense at home)

Triway (Good draw, could win 2)
Poland (Poland would have won the PAC if they played in it)
West Branch (Ouch)
Perry (NW will struggle offensively)
Manchester (win this week, but the Kirtland consolation prize is knocking on the door)

Triway (Good draw, could win 2)
Poland (Poland would have won the PAC if they played in it)
West Branch (Ouch)
Perry (NW will struggle offensively)
Manchester (win this week, but the Kirtland consolation prize is knocking on the door)
Agree Triway has the best path for multiple wins.

Agree Triway has the best path for multiple wins.
I’d agree they have a good shot in week 11, but then they’d be traveling to Van Wert in week 12. That won’t be as tough as Manchester @ Kirtland, but defending champs are gonna be HARD to beat at home.

I’d agree they have a good shot in week 11, but then they’d be traveling to Van Wert in week 12. That won’t be as tough as Manchester @ Kirtland, but defending champs are gonna be HARD to beat at home.
Good point. Don't know much about VW this year other than they lost that outstanding QB from last year's championship team.

I was just being nice - the league did not have any true noisemakers this year. I don't see anyone winning 2 playoff games.

So who wants to start the 2022 thread? :ROFLMAO:

I was just being nice - the league did not have any true noisemakers this year. I don't see anyone winning 2 playoff games.

So who wants to start the 2022 thread? :ROFLMAO:
Certainly nothing like last year's Northwest team or the 2018-2019 Orrville or Manchester squads.

That said, Triway is a damn good team. Their one loss came missing four key two way starters and we didn't get to see them play any tough OOC opponents. I would have loved to see them play Mogadore. West Holmes, maybe not. Triway's QB is one of the most underrated kids around. It would not surprise me if they pulled out a couple playoff wins.

I also think Fairless is solid and just didn't play their best against Triway. They just got an awful playoff draw and if they somehow get past Poland are running into a buzzsaw in West Branch.

Next year will be very interesting with Canton South joining the league. Their QB is a legit player and Dennison has a long history of winning.

Certainly nothing like last year's Northwest team or the 2018-2019 Orrville or Manchester squads.

That said, Triway is a damn good team. Their one loss came missing four key two way starters and we didn't get to see them play any tough OOC opponents. I would have loved to see them play Mogadore. West Holmes, maybe not. Triway's QB is one of the most underrated kids around. It would not surprise me if they pulled out a couple playoff wins.

I also think Fairless is solid and just didn't play their best against Triway. They just got an awful playoff draw and if they somehow get past Poland are running into a buzzsaw in West Branch.

Next year will be very interesting with Canton South joining the league. Their QB is a legit player and Dennison has a long history of winning.
Also, if NW can get past Perry, they've got a favorable matchup waiting in the winner of Gilmour-Girard. Definitely the best potential second round matchup for a PAC team. Then they'd run into WB and be obliterated.

PAC Picks?

Wauseon at Triway
Poland at Fairless
CVCA at West Branch
Northwest at Perry
Edison at Manchester

I have:
Triway (like their passing game and front 7)
Fairless (maybe speaking with heart more than head here, but Poland choked last year with a better team)
West Branch (no explanation needed)
Northwest (both lost to very good teams, but following up on CVCAs win at Perry last year and trusting NW ability to defend the run, I like NW)
Manchester (run game and defense at home)
I believe CVCA kicked and recovered 6 onside kicks last year to help beat Perry. Perry didn't have an offensive play until well into the second quarter if I remember right. Northwest just isn't that good this year. This game is over by halftime.