PAC - 7 Football

sheldoncooper

Will Canton South be entering the league in the Fall ? Who returns the most ? Who is favored to win the league in 2021 ?

Will Canton South be entering the league in the Fall ? Who returns the most ? Who is favored to win the league in 2021 ?
  • Canton South enters in 2022
  • This is the last year for Loudonville
  • Fairless seems like they are still building. Certainly will factor in the top half of the league race. Is this their year?
  • Loudonville has the very talented rising sophomore running back and is coming off an extended playoff run. But will that success translate against the bigger schools?
  • CVCA returns about 16 starters, but must replace the QB and two linemen who garnered all-state honors. Plus the head coaching situation remains unresolved. But returns a RB that ran for 1700 yards while splitting carries and the core of the OL
  • Northwest. Do they take a step back? A new Mick at QB, I believe. Will the air attack be able to match 2020 levels?
  • Tuslaw. Seems like they were young, but building. Do they surprise some teams this year?
  • Triway? Not sure. Can someone provide a scouting report?
  • Orrville. New coach. Cupboard seemed bare.
  • Manchester. See Orrville, but new coach - year 2

Manchester really seemed to fall off last year without Coach France. Has Manchester's time as a football power come to an end? Or was it just a down year?

Kind of sad to see a local school that has such a great tradition struggle like they did. But, maybe there's now an opportunity for another program to take the next step and fill that void (Northwest or CVCA)

Manchester really seemed to fall off last year without Coach France. Has Manchester's time as a football power come to an end? Or was it just a down year?

Kind of sad to see a local school that has such a great tradition struggle like they did. But, maybe there's now an opportunity for another program to take the next step and fill that void (Northwest or CVCA)

Everything that could go wrong for Manchester did go wrong last year. They were late starting, then weren't going to play, and then decided to play after they realized it would kill their program if they didn't play. In all honesty there was a little "covid crazy" going on in New Franklin more so than the other PAC schools.

Cvca should not mess around- hire someone already. Don't waste the talent. I think the pac belongs to Northwest this year again. Fairless is and will always be a middle of the road pac team. I find myself rooting for them but it will not happen. Loudonville- I like them. I think they play well and are second best to Northwest or cvca (depending on the coach issue). I have zero faith manchester becomes relevant for the next 10 years.

Any chance the PAC expands? Possibly add Mogadore and maybe Rootstown and Ravenna Southeast? Maybe an east west set up??
Manchester, Mogadore, Rootstown, Ravenna Southeast, Tuslaw, Maybe ask Waterloo or Mogadore Field?
Orville, Northwest, CVCA, Triway, Fairless, Canton South
Add some cross over ganes..

Cvca should not mess around- hire someone already. Don't waste the talent. I think the pac belongs to Northwest this year again. Fairless is and will always be a middle of the road pac team. I find myself rooting for them but it will not happen. Loudonville- I like them. I think they play well and are second best to Northwest or cvca (depending on the coach issue). I have zero faith manchester becomes relevant for the next 10 years.
"I have zero faith Manchester becomes relevant for the next 10 years" Are you down at Lockhart scouting the flag football teams!? How do you make a statement like that about a high school :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:??

"I have zero faith Manchester becomes relevant for the next 10 years" Are you down at Lockhart scouting the flag football teams!? How do you make a statement like that about a high school :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:??
So I'm from the school. Remember when lebron left the cavs each time what happened? When France left, so did winning. They've had too much change over and no warm handoff of the program in my opinion. Obviously I hope I'm wrong here but there are some big battles for this cats to climb.

I mean easy if a team isn't good then they isn't good its not rocket science

• Canton South enters in 2022 DOESN'T MATTER YET
  • This is the last year for Loudonville DOESN'T MATTER NOW
  • Fairless seems like they are still building. Certainly will factor in the top half of the league race. Is this their year? FAIRLESS HAS BEEN REBUILDING SINCE THE 1970S
  • Loudonville has the very talented rising sophomore running back and is coming off an extended playoff run. But will that success translate against the bigger schools? WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE
  • CVCA returns about 16 starters, but must replace the QB and two linemen who garnered all-state honors. Plus the head coaching situation remains unresolved. But returns a RB that ran for 1700 yards while splitting carries and the core of the OL CVCA WILL BE A FACTOR BUT THEY REALLY NEED TO GET BACK TO EMBRACING THEIR ADVANTAGE AGAIN TO BE REALLY COMPETITIVE.
  • Northwest. Do they take a step back? A new Mick at QB, I believe. Will the air attack be able to match 2020 levels? EVENTUAL LEAGUE CHAMPS AND MANCHESTER IS STILL BITTER THAT THE MICKS DID NOT GO TO MANCHESTER AS WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN.
  • Tuslaw. Seems like they were young, but building. Do they surprise some teams this year? TUSLAW WILL UPSET A TEAM OR TWO BUT UNDERPERFORM AS USUAL.
  • Triway? Not sure. Can someone provide a scouting report? WILL LOOK GOOD ON PAPER BUT BAD ON THE FIELD.
  • Orrville. New coach. Cupboard seemed bare. CUPBOARD IS NEVER BARE ESPECIALLY IF THEY GO BACK TO EMBRACING THEIR ADVANTAGE.
  • Manchester. See Orrville, but new coach - year 2 THEY NEED A MOVE IN OR TWO LIKE IN THE OLD DAYS BUT THE COACH IS SOLID.

@Stizostedion You said " CVCA WILL BE A FACTOR BUT THEY REALLY NEED TO GET BACK TO EMBRACING THEIR ADVANTAGE AGAIN TO BE REALLY COMPETITIVE". When did CVCA embrace their advantage? I'm not saying they don't have one, but your statement insinuates that there was a time when they did? When was that? Obviously whenever this era was they didn't have the success they currently have, why on earth go back to it? They have had their best 4 year run and have even started earning home playoff games as well as winning playoff games within the last 4 years. I'd say the course they are on now is far better than the era that you say they embraced their advantage.

Any chance the PAC expands? Possibly add Mogadore and maybe Rootstown and Ravenna Southeast? Maybe an east west set up??
Manchester, Mogadore, Rootstown, Ravenna Southeast, Tuslaw, Maybe ask Waterloo or Mogadore Field?
Orville, Northwest, CVCA, Triway, Fairless, Canton South
Add some cross over ganes..
Thanks, Wildcat. This takes me back to the preCovid days when Moggy fans were all about getting into the PAC.

It could happen but not likely. Considering the league replaced Loudonville (long drive, football only, D6) with Canton South (close by, full league member, D4) in 2022 they should be pretty set for awhile.

Maybe down the road when there’s some more leadership changes, but as of next year 6 of 8 teams will be located within 35 minutes of each other along US30 corridor. That + France’s retirement means the league won’t have New Franklin as the center of its universe anymore.

You can look down on Loudonville, but as bad as Tuslaw, Orrville, and Manchester look to be they could very likely end up in the pack behind Northwest & CVCA in 2021. That RB is for real and went as far as any PAC team did in the postseason. Kids grow up a lot during those kind of runs. Considering the overall talent he has to work with, Maltarich is one of the best coaches in the league today.

Thanks, Wildcat. This takes me back to the preCovid days when Moggy fans were all about getting into the PAC.

It could happen but not likely. Considering the league replaced Loudonville (long drive, football only, D6) with Canton South (close by, full league member, D4) in 2022 they should be pretty set for awhile.

Maybe down the road when there’s some more leadership changes, but as of next year 6 of 8 teams will be located within 35 minutes of each other along US30 corridor. That + France’s retirement means the league won’t have New Franklin as the center of its universe anymore.
Mogadore does travel to New Franklin Manchester this year. Old long time Summit County league and Suburban league rivals before Mogadore was just too small to compete and joined the Portage county league. Remember in those days the Suburban league had Hudson, Green, Nordonia, Twinsburg, Revere....and they just got bigger. Fortunately Manchester and Mogadore found new leagues, unfortunately they weren't together.

@Stizostedion You said " CVCA WILL BE A FACTOR BUT THEY REALLY NEED TO GET BACK TO EMBRACING THEIR ADVANTAGE AGAIN TO BE REALLY COMPETITIVE". When did CVCA embrace their advantage? I'm not saying they don't have one, but your statement insinuates that there was a time when they did? When was that? Obviously whenever this era was they didn't have the success they currently have, why on earth go back to it? They have had their best 4 year run and have even started earning home playoff games as well as winning playoff games within the last 4 years. I'd say the course they are on now is far better than the era that you say they embraced their advantage.
CVCA's 5 to 6 year run from 2005 to 2010 was pretty good. Took a Mooney team that went to the state finals late into the 4th quarter losing 13-7, lost to a state finalist Steubenville Team, and lost to Mooney twice more. I will say that era was a product, in part, of a tremendous wrestling program (Meadows, Utley, Kusar, and Weakley). In fact, their regular seasons during that run run were identical to this most recent run.

CVCA's 5 to 6 year run from 2005 to 2010 was pretty good. Took a Mooney team that went to the state finals late into the 4th quarter losing 13-7, lost to a state finalist Steubenville Team, and lost to Mooney twice more. I will say that era was a product, in part, of a tremendous wrestling program (Meadows, Utley, Kusar, and Weakley). In fact, their regular seasons during that run run were identical to this most recent run.
Spot on. Those are the two best “eras” for CVCA. The difference is the playoff victories in this latest era. But you’re really splitting hairs if you’re trying to figure out which era was better.

Ultimately, time will tell. While it’s a time of transition, if CVCA can plug some holes - QB, tackles and coaching staff - the pieces are there to win a lot of games again over the next two years.

All those names...and not John Pettigrew who scored 62 touchdowns

I believe the poster tied those specific names to the football/wrestling program to show that during that run the programs where cohesive. John Pettigrew was apart of that wrestling room until high school, when he just focused on football. John was a heck of a wrestler as well.

John Pettigrew´s father in law is the former Triway basketball coach (Keith Snoddy I think) who led the Titans to the state championship. Great people!

To the poster who IM'd me, I have moved out of Manchester and that is why my posts have been few and far between.

With Maltarich & Larlham both stepping down, who are the best coaches left in the league? DeMarco is the easy answer, but winning the league witht he most talented team/individual player isn't exactly a shocker. Sarbaugh has a ton of potential, but considering the team they had last year two of those 3 losses were ... "not good." Brophy stands out because of his playing pedigree, but far as actual coaching performance (developing kids, ability to shift scheme to match talent, success) the league is kinda barren right now.

Aside from Mick2 (NW)& Snider "The projectile bowling ball" (CVCA), not a lot of eye popping talent left either. Should be interesting to see what develops, but also to think about what we've had the chance to watch the last 4-5 years..wow.

With Maltarich & Larlham both stepping down, who are the best coaches left in the league? DeMarco is the easy answer, but winning the league witht he most talented team/individual player isn't exactly a shocker. Sarbaugh has a ton of potential, but considering the team they had last year two of those 3 losses were ... "not good." Brophy stands out because of his playing pedigree, but far as actual coaching performance (developing kids, ability to shift scheme to match talent, success) the league is kinda barren right now.

Aside from Mick2 (NW)& Snider "The projectile bowling ball" (CVCA), not a lot of eye popping talent left either. Should be interesting to see what develops, but also to think about what we've had the chance to watch the last 4-5 years..wow.
I agree, the last several years have been very exciting for the league in terms of marque talent and great teams- state champs and regional finalists several years in a row. It's hard to tell what is actually out there. New coaches, new talent and hard to gauge on a short last year. Let's hope for some good things coming up- just nice playing football without anxiety around.

You can tell if the foundation of a program is strong when they have a very talented player or 2 graduates and the team doesn't really skip a beat. From 2016-2019 Ethan Wright, Tre Tucker and Marquelle Parks were all big time talents. They were surrounded by other players as well but, they were The Show. Of those 3 programs only 1 continued to have success when the studs graduated or ended up in the poky. CVCA's actually got better because the strength of CVCA the last 2 years has been the offensive line. NW lost some talent last year, now we will find out about the what they have been built on. I have a feeling they might be pretty good this year.

You can tell if the foundation of a program is strong when they have a very talented player or 2 graduates and the team doesn't really skip a beat. From 2016-2019 Ethan Wright, Tre Tucker and Marquelle Parks were all big time talents. They were surrounded by other players as well but, they were The Show. Of those 3 programs only 1 continued to have success when the studs graduated or ended up in the poky. CVCA's actually got better because the strength of CVCA the last 2 years has been the offensive line. NW lost some talent last year, now we will find out about the what they have been built on. I have a feeling they might be pretty good this year.

Ironically CVCA has done better in last 2 years since Tucker left than they did when he was there. Of course being a D4 private school in Akron no one else in the league is going to be too impressed with their ability to restock the shelf.

Manchester (3 straight Regional finalists) & Orrville (State + Regional finalist) actually did more when those key guys were on the team but fell off much farther. Going from Tucker to Snider with Bevington as a “bridge” is a heckuva blessing