PAC 2023

Three high schools in four years. I imagine he'll have to sit out after Week 5.

Good luck to him. Those are five big-time programs. (Well, four actually. Rutgers has never been big-time.)
I heard someone say he used to be from the Columbus area. So if he is moving back to there to/with family, then he shouldn't have to sit. I don't know the details, just heard something about that.

Just out of curiosity, what would everyone consider the worst stadiums in the area?
WORST
1. Manchester (Everything)
2. West Branch (Field conditions are terrible)
3. Dover (Horrible Turf)
4. East Liverpool (Crumbling bleachers and pressbox)
5. Cuyahoga Falls (Bad field conditions and horrible concessions)

BEST
1. Carrollton
2. Northwest
3. Salem
4. Canton South
5. Beaver Local

I wonder if Rutgers/Syracuse is some kind of rival 🤣🤣
We like to laugh at them. Now the last two decades, it’s been tough sledding. But talk to me about 1959 or 1987-2001. The glory days.

Jim Brown. Ernie Davis. Floyd Little.

Eight pro football Hall of Famers. Only Notre Dame (13), USC (12), Ohio State (10) and Michigan (9) have more representatives in the Pro Football Hall of Fame than Syracuse.

What does Rutgers have? They played in the first game ever, and they won a game on a Thursday night against Louisville on ESPN 15 years ago. And they play at SHI Stadium. For real. Who names their stadium SHI Stadium?

Sam Williams Dixon. Do yourself a favor. Don’t go to Rutgers.

(Yeah. You struck a nerve.)

Heading to Jackson for lunch? Nah. Get over to the B & K Cafe in the PTO. Mention the names "Klinefelter and Wakefield" and you will experience a level of culture and tuffness unmatched in Western Civilization.
Mmmmm...... Super BK Fries for breakfast tomorrow sounds like a GREAT idea! And that still leaves me Friday to make a bad (health) decision by going to Michael's in Orrville.

D*&m this thread . . . I'm going to be back over 3 bills before the Easter ham goes in the oven . . .

WORST
3. Dover (Horrible Turf)

BEST
1. Carrollton
2. Northwest
3. Salem
4. Canton South
5. Beaver Local
No major disagreements. It's outside of the "area" ,but would add that Harrison Central (Cadiz) is probably one of the nicest facilities that no one goes to.

No major disagreements. It's outside of the "area" ,but would add that Harrison Central (Cadiz) is probably one of the nicest facilities that no one goes to.
Are we limiting school size on this? There are some really really nice D1/D2 stadium in the area as well....

Are we limiting school size on this? There are some really really nice D1/D2 stadium in the area as well....
I think in the spirit of this we stick to the small schools, obviously going big you have schools that have better facilities than some college programs

WORST
3. Dover (Horrible Turf)

BEST
1. Carrollton
2. Northwest
3. Salem
4. Canton South
5. Beaver Local
What’s wrong with Dover’s turf? Personally I think Dover’s is one of the best stadiums. Dover, Phila, Massillon, McKinley, and Steubenville are my top 5, for ones I’ve seen in person/played at. Another one that I was really impressed with was Perry (Lake county). One I always disliked was CCC’s stadium. I’ve never been to Salem or Beaver Local, but Carrollton, Northwest, and Canton South were just average in my opinion.

Last edited:
What’s wrong with Dover’s turf? Personally I think Dover’s is one of the best stadiums. Dover, Phila, Massillon, McKinley, and Steubenville are my top 5, for ones I’ve seen in person/played at. Another one that I was really impressed with was Perry (Lake county). One I always disliked was CCC’s stadium. I’ve never been to Salem or Beaver Local, but Carrollton, Northwest, and Canton South were just average in my opinion.
Their turf is about five years past being five years past time for a replacement. Especially inside the 20's it's not much more than carpet anymore. Everything else is pretty nice there though

Their turf is about five years past being five years past time for a replacement. Especially inside the 20's it's not much more than carpet anymore. Everything else is pretty nice there though
If I'm being totally honest - Northwest's turf is awful. The community raised all those funds to put that turf in and the school never bought the machine to rake it. So it's literally never been raked. It's ruined and needs replaced already, every piece of fiber is laying down flat when you walk on it. It's honestly probably the worst turf I've been on since the old astroturf at Massillon like 20 years ago.

Just from the turf comparison aspect, Triway was a really nice surface when Dalton played there against Lucas 2 years ago. But I think my winner is actually Chippewa of all places. Their turf is nice, the "grass" fibers stood up, it looked nice, and felt nice.

Worst stadiums overall in the area....this is a tie between Manchester and Rittman. Rittman's location could be really cool just planted right in the middle of the community, but holy smokes it needs completely torn down and redone - too bad there's no money out there to do it.

Best in the area....hmmm.....

I'm going to look in to the future a little bit, when the parking gets added to the back side of the stadium (behind the visitors stands) and the new concession/locker room/weight room get built, Northwest will be hard to beat (hopefully they find turf replacement money in there too).

I am going to mention Garaway simply for the amazing pizza place that is literally in the Garaway parking lot...that gets them bonus points lol...

And it's off the beaten path for most people, but if you get a chance to go out to Hillsdale - their stadium is brand new, and I really think they did a great job with it. Sits up on the hill side, it's really nice!

And I know we're sticking to smaller schools....but I've always kind of liked Art Wright Stadium in Wadsworth as well

I am going to mention Garaway simply for the amazing pizza place that is literally in the Garaway parking lot...that gets them bonus points lol...
Yesss!!! Park Street Pizza.

Emma Stone High Quality GIF

Yesss!!! Park Street Pizza.

Emma Stone High Quality GIF
Garaway is like a solid hour drive for me...maybe 50 minutes...we still go down there just for the pizza every couple months lol....It is literally so freaking good. I've never even been to a Garaway home game so IDK what they're stadium is actually like.....but to have that gem literally in the parking lot....had to mention them lol

Maybe I'm biased, but the best sunset, hands down, goes to Triway (especially if you're sitting on the home side).

If I'm being totally honest - Northwest's turf is awful. The community raised all those funds to put that turf in and the school never bought the machine to rake it. So it's literally never been raked. It's ruined and needs replaced already, every piece of fiber is laying down flat when you walk on it. It's honestly probably the worst turf I've been on since the old astroturf at Massillon like 20 years ago.

Just from the turf comparison aspect, Triway was a really nice surface when Dalton played there against Lucas 2 years ago. But I think my winner is actually Chippewa of all places. Their turf is nice, the "grass" fibers stood up, it looked nice, and felt nice.
I'll give you that, NW has awful turf too but it's not even in the same universe as Dover's. It's crazy to me that two very well supported programs have let their facilities fall into such a state of disrepair when the solution is so reasonably priced and easily done

I'll give you that, NW has awful turf too but it's not even in the same universe as Dover's. It's crazy to me that two very well supported programs have let their facilities fall into such a state of disrepair when the solution is so reasonably priced and easily done
It's even deeper rooted than that at Northwest. The turf project went hand in hand with the new high school being built. The turf project was literally led by one parent in the community - literally went door to door taking donations. It felt like the school didn't really care one way or another - at least that's how it looked to me. So once it was installed, it was obviously on the school to maintain it, and frankly they just never bought the raking machine that you ride on....when you don't rake it regularly, you get exactly what has happened. Now....if they bought a machine now and did it, maybe it could come back to life, I just don't know enough about it...but in reality, that turf is about 13 years old now, give or take a year....so it's probably beyond a turf's life expectancy at this point anyways.....will be interesting to see how they raise to the funds to replace it...

It's even deeper rooted than that at Northwest. The turf project went hand in hand with the new high school being built. The turf project was literally led by one parent in the community - literally went door to door taking donations. It felt like the school didn't really care one way or another - at least that's how it looked to me. So once it was installed, it was obviously on the school to maintain it, and frankly they just never bought the raking machine that you ride on....when you don't rake it regularly, you get exactly what has happened. Now....if they bought a machine now and did it, maybe it could come back to life, I just don't know enough about it...but in reality, that turf is about 13 years old now, give or take a year....so it's probably beyond a turf's life expectancy at this point anyways.....will be interesting to see how they raise to the funds to replace it...
I remember being really impressed by that community committee that got the whole thing done with donations and some of them actually doing the work themselves. I distinctly recall an image of a 70+ year old man driving a bulldozer that he owned in a shirt and tie being in the paper somewhere showing the progress being made. Pretty remarkable stuff

Ohiostadiums.com has a really nice collection of Ohio HS stadium photos. It's a good way to kill some time at ye olde office computer.

This gem is Sebring's stadium which will host 8-man football starting this year (I believe). This stadium looks old, tuff, and has quality 1976 era artwork:

2151.jpg