PAC 2023

Triway's Belcher will be one of the best players in the PAC-7 next year. Yes, unfortunately we had a lot of injuries last year, but it also allowed a ton of younger boys to get a taste of varsity football on Friday nights. Hopefully it eases the transition for this year as they fill some of those roles.

The question i have - are you a Richie K fan or a fan of all former Wagner greats? Lou Anarumo, Dawn Aponte, or (probably the most famous from his WWF days) - Damien Demento?!?!?

View attachment 39233
I'm a yuge fan of Lou Anarumo. YUGE. Cincinnata keeping Anarumo for another season as DC is better than any free agent signing they'll have.

I've been a Bengals fan since '81 when I was a kid. That '81 team was the Pete Johnson team to me, although I greatly admired the play of Ken Anderson that season. I got a kick out of how Pete bowled over people. My GF and I attend one Bengals home game per year and enjoy it. Lou's defense has been so fun to watch. Almost as much fun as Kay Adams hanging out at Bengal tailgating events.

If I didn't take the name of Rich Kotite, my second choice was John McKay. His Bucs represent the high achieving mediocrity and humor of my sports fandom. McKay's one-liners I've stolen for the work office over the years.

gettyimages-82291633-612x612.jpg

Last edited:
I have noticed a few new posters to our award winning thread. If you a pretty new to this thread drop us a little bit of information about yourself. Only as much as you are comfortable with. Just bacis stuff like what teams you support, where you are an alumni and stuff like that.
Tuslaw alumnus, but also a Massillon fan. Follow most of the other Stark County and PAC teams at high level and to a lesser extent the WCAL as well. Haven't been to as many games in recent years, but still try to keep up on things through this site, Twitter, etc.

Tuslaw alumnus, but also a Massillon fan. Follow most of the other Stark County and PAC teams at high level and to a lesser extent the WCAL as well. Haven't been to as many games in recent years, but still try to keep up on things through this site, Twitter, etc.
Mega dittos.

Meadowlake Estates suburban thug life for life.

Canton South SHOULD have a running clock in every league game they play next year, now will they? Probably not, despite having by far the most talented team in the conference last season they still played very streaky and didn't impose themselves on teams like they should have. I wonder if this season can be where they finally put it all together

I just seen where there going to play Dover second week in the 23 season,that should be a good one, Dover is supposed to be loaded to

Canton South's X factor to the 2023 season is getting Trey Wilson to play football. He was a game breaker as a sophomore and sat out last year with a knee injury. I hope to see him on the field this coming season. He was the best player on the field when Canton South went into NW in 2021 and beat them 35-7.

Canton South's X factor to the 2023 season is getting Trey Wilson to play football. He was a game breaker as a sophomore and sat out last year with a knee injury. I hope to see him on the field this coming season. He was the best player on the field when Canton South went into NW in 2021 and beat them 35-7.
I don't believe the 2021 Indians were any good but that game was a blowout from the kickoff, I hope we can see more of that this season

Since this thread can cover it all, I'll add some Manchester facility updates.

1. All the underground work is completed for the new high school building and footers will start soon. New building expected to be ready August, 2024.
2. Earthmoving equipment is in place to start work at the existing soccer and track complex to have a turf field and new track in place by August, 2023. No home track events for 2023 but the field will be ready for soccer in August.
3. Bleachers and locker rooms will take longer, so the 2023 football season will be at the old stadium. I know most of you hate that place but I will really miss it!
4. Baseball will be played at the revamped Crown Field behind the middle school. New outfield fence is in place and the extended outfield is seeded, hope grass grows soon. Plans to have an on campus baseball field are off the table now due to rising costs impacting the total project.
5. New tennis courts are ready for use behind the middle school.
6. The old Nimisila school building (next to the football field) will be torn down in early Summer of this year. Kiko will be on-line auctioning some of the contents, get your Manchester memorabilia when the auction starts March 16th!
7. Lastly, going from PACtion to MACtion, congrats to 2022 Manchester grads Emma King and Josiah Cox on their early success as Akron Zips. Emma was named to the MAC Ladies All Freshman Soccer team and Josiah this weekend took 2nd place in the shot put at the MAC Indoor Track & Field Championship meet.

1. All the underground work is completed for the new high school building and footers will start soon. New building expected to be ready August, 2024.
2. Earthmoving equipment is in place to start work at the existing soccer and track complex to have a turf field and new track in place by August, 2023. No home track events for 2023 but the field will be ready for soccer in August.
3. Bleachers and locker rooms will take longer, so the 2023 football season will be at the old stadium. I know most of you hate that place but I will really miss it!
4. Baseball will be played at the revamped Crown Field behind the middle school. New outfield fence is in place and the extended outfield is seeded, hope grass grows soon. Plans to have an on campus baseball field are off the table now due to rising costs impacting the total project.
6. The old Nimisila school building (next to the football field) will be torn down in early Summer of this year. Kiko will be on-line auctioning some of the contents, get your Manchester memorabilia when the auction starts March 16th!
7. Lastly, going from PACtion to MACtion, congrats to 2022 Manchester grads Emma King and Josiah Cox on their early success as Akron Zips. Emma was named to the MAC Ladies All Freshman Soccer team and Josiah this weekend took 2nd place in the shot put at the MAC Indoor Track & Field Championship meet.
That's great stuff. Glad to hear that the baseball field is the only casualty of rising build costs. Know of some other schools & businesses that approved projects in the last few years that have had to delay them because the costs outgrew the budget.

@thePITman - no pressure, but do you have any similar info regarding Triway's project? Haven't been by there in awhile, but know they were doing a ton of site work prior to the holidays.

@thePITman - no pressure, but do you have any similar info regarding Triway's project? Haven't been by there in awhile, but know they were doing a ton of site work prior to the holidays.
If you want to read construction-related progress updates, check here: https://www.onetriway.com/news

I hear lots of stuff second-hand, but here's a summary of what I've been told:
  • Our original date for the new school was Fall of 2024. Then for a while it was trending more toward Fall of 2025. However, we are currently trending toward a Winter 2024 completion. Our old parking lot is completely gone and has been flattened and leveled. It's currently settling, and they have a cement boundary on the northeast hill, where the old freshman baseball field (Hitchcock Field) used to be. We have a new parking lot (temporary/unfinished, I think) right next to the baseball field where that big grass field used to be in front of the school.
  • When everything is said and done, the old parking lot will be the new school, and the old school will be the new parking lot (think between the new school and the aux gym/baseball field). There will also be a small parking lot on the north side of the school. See the image below.
  • We will be losing The Pit :cry:. Our new gym will not be a pit, but it will not be your cookie-cutter gym, either. Think College of Wooster or Hoover (without the upper deck) where you enter from above the bleachers. Another comparison I've heard is Dalton with the Middle School gym right next to it... but with a little better setup. I've come to terms with us losing The Pit, and I'm fine with it, as long as our gym wasn't like every other gym of every other new school in the state, so I am excited for the new one. We won't have a nest, anymore, but we'll still have a media room. From what I've heard, it'll be more like Wooster and Orrville, even though I lobbied for something more like Hiland.
  • The outdoor Kiper Courts will also be going away. :(
  • Our soccer teams will play their games on our turf football field long-term. Our soccer teams have always taken pride in our grass field; one of the only full-sized fields around. And the lights donated to the soccer field were donated during my senior class, and I know some were hoping those lights could be reused somewhere.
  • Baseball will remain where it is, but we might have to shorten the LF fence, as it's supposedly too close to the road. Lots of people are talking about a turf field, but nothing is for sure, yet.
  • Unfortunately, softball will no longer be using Shreve Park as their home field. There is a lot of tradition at that field, so I'm sure they're sad to be leaving it. But it'll also be nice having everyone on campus, now. I don't know for sure where softball will be, but the last I heard is that it might be next to the baseball field, down the hill from the right-field line (think Northwest's baseball/softball setup, but on the first-base side instead of third-base).
  • Tennis courts will stay where they are, as they were newly built recently.
  • The biggest change will likely be for football. I have not seen a rendering, yet, but it sounds like we will have a new entrance for the football stadium, with built-in locker rooms, weight room, and concessions (think Wooster). This entrance would be where the concession stand is, currently (east end zone). Also, an upgraded press box is not off the table, I don't think... we've been paying attention to the nice press boxes we visit, taking notes of the dos and don'ts.
  • With the new weight room, and having 3 indoor gymnasiums on-site, I'm curious if we will repurpose the current aux gym and/or weight room. That topic is a little more fuzzy.
  • Non-sport related: We are getting a full-sized, dedicated auditorium for our strong arts & drama programs (not a gym-a-torium). We are also getting a dedicated space in the school for our GenYES program (think technical help desk run by students). I don't know much else at this time for stuff inside the school.
Anyway, I think that's all I have right now. There are better mock-ups, but here's one I found on the OneTriway website:
1677464835123.png

Last edited:
If you want to read construction-related progress updates, check here: https://www.onetriway.com/news

• Our original date for the new school was Fall of 2024. Then for a while it was trending more toward Fall of 2025. However, we are currently trending toward a Winter 2024 completion. Our old parking lot is completely gone and has been flattened and leveled. It's currently settling, and they have a cement boundary on the northeast hill, where the old freshman baseball field (Hitchcock Field) used to be. We have a new parking lot (temporary/unfinished, I think) right next to the baseball field where that big grass field used to be in front of the school.
  • When everything is said and done, the old parking lot will be the new school, and the old school will be the new parking lot (think between the new school and the aux gym/baseball field). There will also be a small parking lot on the north side of the school. See the image below.
  • We will be losing The Pit :cry:. Our new gym will not be a pit, but it will not be your cookie-cutter gym, either. Think College of Wooster or Hoover (without the upper deck) where you enter from above the bleachers. Another comparison I've heard is Dalton with the Middle School gym right next to it... but with a little better setup. I've come to terms with us losing The Pit, and I'm fine with it, as long as our gym wasn't like every other gym of every other new school in the state, so I am excited for the new one. We won't have a nest, anymore, but we'll still have a media room. From what I've heard, it'll be more like Wooster and Orrville, even though I lobbied for something more like Hiland.
  • Our soccer teams will play their games on our turf football field long-term. Our soccer teams have always taken pride in our grass field; one of the only full-sized fields around. And the lights donated to the soccer field were donated during my senior class, and I know some were hoping those lights could be reused somewhere.
  • Baseball will remain where it is, but we might have to shorten the LF fence, as it's supposedly too close to the road. Lots of people are talking about a turf field, but nothing is for sure, yet.
  • Unfortunately, softball will no longer be using Shreve Park as their home field. There is a lot of tradition at that field, so I'm sure they're sad to be leaving it. But it'll also be nice having everyone on campus, now. I don't know for sure where softball will be, but the last I heard is that it might be next to the baseball field, down the hill from the right-field line (think Northwest's baseball/softball setup, but on the first-base side instead of third-base).
  • The biggest change will likely be for football. I have not seen a rendering, yet, but it sounds like we will have a new entrance for the football stadium, with built-in locker rooms, weight room, and concessions (think Wooster). This entrance would be where the concession stand is, currently (east end zone). Also, an upgraded press box is not off the table, I don't think... we've been paying attention to the nice press boxes we visit, taking notes of the dos and don'ts.
  • With the new weight room, and having 3 indoor gymnasiums on-site, I'm curious if we will repurpose the current aux gym and/or weight room. That topic is a little more fuzzy.
  • Non-sport related: We are getting a full-sized, dedicated auditorium for our strong arts & drama programs (not a gym-a-torium). We are also getting a dedicated space in the school for our GenYES program (think technical help desk run by students). I don't know much else at this time for stuff inside the school.
Anyway, I think that's all I have right now. There are better mock-ups, but here's one I found on the OneTriway website:
View attachment 39286
WHOA! Fantastic update, Pit! (so detailed I found myself starting to scribble notes as if there might be a test later)

Thank you, @7Diamond & @thePITman. Exciting stuff happening in both those districts/communities. Interesting how both mentioned some of the tradition/historical things that are going away. Lots of projects die on the vine because folks aren't able/willing to work together to get through situations like that. Good to hear that both districts have worked it out.

Looking at that picture means the Mark Kiper courts are going to be gone. Hopefully they can find something to put his name on. A fantastic young man gone way too soon.

With all of these facility changes in the land of PACtion, I just have one question:

Will this positively or negatively impact the quality of food concessions?

---

Based only on their concession stand quality and beautiful venue in the Mohican Hills, I would add Lucas as a football-only member of the PAC. Competition, enrollment, location....all bupkus. I would add Lucas on their food quality alone.

With all of these facility changes in the land of PACtion, I just have one question:

Will this positively or negatively impact the quality of food concessions?

---

Based only on their concession stand quality and beautiful venue in the Mohican Hills, I would add Lucas as a football-only member of the PAC. Competition, enrollment, location....all bupkus. I would add Lucas on their food quality alone.
And now I know why CVCA is on the way out! It was the food concession quality this whole time. :ROFLMAO:

And now I know why CVCA is on the way out! It was the food concession quality this whole time. :ROFLMAO:
The PAC is a league of foodies. The true heritage of Koach at Manchester with his legendary hot sauce and pickled peppers made a major impact. Having a strong concession stand game is critical to being a part of PACtion.

• The outdoor Kiper Courts will also be going away. :(
View attachment 39286
Awesome to see that the athletic updates at Triway and Manchester aren't falling prey to budget issues. Happy for those districts and their students.

Last edited:

Good info. I feel the same about the stadium. I've been going to games there for more than 50 years.

Poor old James R France stadium. Wonder what will happen to it? Perhaps the youth program could be ran out of it. Ida like to see them keep it with severly needed updates like new buildings for locker rooms, and lights. Iy would be sad for me to see it simoly sit and rot. Travelling through new franklin the other day, it seems the entire town has aged badly. I think whaylt is happening is people from the late 80s and early 90s found a gem and never moved out in retirment. Wonder what the average age is? Houses are not as nice as they were and the aged having a hard time keeping up. In 5 years the legends will have all but disappeared- Schindewolf, France, Robinson, etc.

Poor old James R France stadium. Wonder what will happen to it? Perhaps the youth program could be ran out of it. Ida like to see them keep it with severly needed updates like new buildings for locker rooms, and lights. Iy would be sad for me to see it simoly sit and rot. Travelling through new franklin the other day, it seems the entire town has aged badly. I think whaylt is happening is people from the late 80s and early 90s found a gem and never moved out in retirment. Wonder what the average age is? Houses are not as nice as they were and the aged having a hard time keeping up. In 5 years the legends will have all but disappeared- Schindewolf, France, Robinson, etc.
The stadium is a dump, there's basically no redeeming qualities of it outside of sentimental attachment. It would be crazy to do anything other than just tear it down with the massive amount of money you'd have to put into it to make it serviceable

I will truly agree with one of your points here - many Ohio communities have aged. Yes, the families moved there in the 70s, 80s and 90s and the parents stay there while the kids move to Columbus or Florida or North Carolina or elsewhere in search of a career or just better weather or both.

Not to be negative, but where is a young person gonna work these days in Akron/Canton/Massillon? Or anywhere not called Columbus in the state of Ohio? Our illustrious state government economic development crew has developed Columbus quite well and the new Intel plant in New Albany will add to that greatly. But what about places like Akron or Toledo or the Mahoning Valley or even a larger place like Cleveland? Not much is done there and Appalachian Ohio is totally forgotten which effects part of Stark County and definitely Tuscarawas and Carroll County.

Best thing schools like Manchester or Tuslaw or Fairless, etc., can do to keep kids home is teach the trades. If you can fix something, you can live just about anywhere and make a fine living.

And I love Ohio so I'm not coming at this from a negative attitude.

Last edited:
The stadium is a dump, there's basically no redeeming qualities of it outside of sentimental attachment. It would be crazy to do anything other than just tear it down with the massive amount of money you'd have to put into it to make it serviceable
Nostalgia is EXPENSIVE. That's what the trophies are for. You can move those to the new school a lot easier than you can maintain one of the worst fields in NE Ohio.

I have noticed a few new posters to our award winning thread. If you a pretty new to this thread drop us a little bit of information about yourself. Only as much as you are comfortable with. Just bacis stuff like what teams you support, where you are an alumni and stuff like that.
Hi, Long time reader from afar, but have decided to start making posts this year as my kids have now left the school or on their way out. I am a long time supporter of Triway and area teams (mostly WCAL). Bishops onion rings for the win!

Hi, Long time reader from afar, but have decided to start making posts this year as my kids have now left the school or on their way out. I am a long time supporter of Triway and area teams (mostly WCAL). Bishops onion rings for the win!
Welcome! Glad to have another Titan join us.

On a different note, Williams-Dixon from West Holmes is transferring to Pickerington North.

Last edited:
Welcome! Glad to have another Titan join us.

On a different note, Williams-Dixon from West Holmes is transferring to Pickerington North.

It's a shame to see him leave, but he's a Columbus kid so can understand him going back to the area. Would assume his brother is going too. West Holmes loses a bunch of seniors, but was REALLY good outside of SWD so still should be tough non-conference games for Orrville & Triway.

Last edited:
I will truly agree with one of your points here - many Ohio communities have aged. Yes, the families moved there in the 70s, 80s and 90s and the parents stay there while the kids move to Columbus or Florida or North Carolina or elsewhere in search of a career or just better weather or both.

Not to be negative, but where is a young person gonna work these days in Akron/Canton/Massillon? Or anywhere not called Columbus in the state of Ohio? Our illustrious state government economic development crew has developed Columbus quite well and the new Intel plant in New Albany will add to that greatly. But what about places like Akron or Toledo or the Mahoning Valley or even a larger place like Cleveland? Not much is done there and Appalachian Ohio is totally forgotten which effects part of Stark County and definitely Tuscarawas and Carroll County.

Best thing schools like Manchester or Tuslaw or Fairless, etc., can do to keep kids home is teach the trades. If you can fix something, you can live just about anywhere and make a fine living.

And I love Ohio so I'm not coming at this from a negative attitude.
I'm not sure there will be a super material impact, but curious to see if the rise of fully remote work will help some of those areas you mentioned that haven't seen much economic development. You can have scenarios where kids are moving back closer to where they grew up to be closer to their parents that never left. People now have the ability to work at Fortune 500 companies based out of New York, California, etc. while living in places like Tuslaw and Fairless. Like I said, not entirely sure the impact will be material, but for people who left those areas and got degrees in fields like business, technology, etc. one of the barriers to returning back to where they grew up has been removed to an extent.

I'm not sure there will be a super material impact, but curious to see if the rise of fully remote work will help some of those areas you mentioned that haven't seen much economic development. You can have scenarios where kids are moving back closer to where they grew up to be closer to their parents that never left. People now have the ability to work at Fortune 500 companies based out of New York, California, etc. while living in places like Tuslaw and Fairless. Like I said, not entirely sure the impact will be material, but for people who left those areas and got degrees in fields like business, technology, etc. one of the barriers to returning back to where they grew up has been removed to an extent.
You make a great point about the "remoting" of the workforce. I won't be alive for it, but in 40-50 years you'll see a bunch of those studies coming out about how the economy & demographics of the US changed based on the business sector accepting the remote model.

That said, I'm not sure if the more rural areas will be impacted significantly. The remote workforce seems to value the "accessible space" of the Jackson Townships of the world. Places where you can have the nice house, some space if you want it, but still be 5 minutes from a foo-foo coffee or sushi plate.

(Hmm...now I'm thinking about heading to Jackson for lunch)

You make a great point about the "remoting" of the workforce. I won't be alive for it, but in 40-50 years you'll see a bunch of those studies coming out about how the economy & demographics of the US changed based on the business sector accepting the remote model.

That said, I'm not sure if the more rural areas will be impacted significantly. The remote workforce seems to value the "accessible space" of the Jackson Townships of the world. Places where you can have the nice house, some space if you want it, but still be 5 minutes from a foo-foo coffee or sushi plate.

(Hmm...now I'm thinking about heading to Jackson for lunch)
Heading to Jackson for lunch? Nah. Get over to the B & K Cafe in the PTO. Mention the names "Klinefelter and Wakefield" and you will experience a level of culture and tuffness unmatched in Western Civilization.

You forgot Pappas