PAC 2022

Didn’t mean to sound disrespectful to Snider from CVCA. I’m just not too familiar with the CVCA program. Very impressive stats. The PAC will have a lot of great players and sounds like there will be some great games to look forward to.

Didn’t mean to sound disrespectful to Snider from CVCA. I’m just not too familiar with the CVCA program. Very impressive stats. The PAC will have a lot of great players and sounds like there will be some great games to look forward to.
Should have responded a while back, but life gets in the way. No disrespect taken. Welcome to the PAC and the PAC thread. Looking forward to your insight throughout the upcoming season.

Speaking of looking … backward … saw that rising West Holmes junior Samuel Dixon (AKA Sam Williams-Dixon when he was at Loudonville) just picked up an offer from Cincinnati, to go with offers from Toledo, Ball State and Akron.

You could tell as a freshman that he was special. But on par with Tre Tucker and Ethan Wright (both at UC) special? I didn’t see that coming. Congrats to him!

Last edited:
OrrvilleRR , that would be nice to get 3 or 4 wins , but the only wins i see on the schedule is vs Akron Springfield , and maybe Tuslaw.
Good news is that we have some good talent coming up the pipeline, but realistically still a few seasons away yet.

The Panyhers have a really really tough nonleague schedule. Plus, i feel the PAC will be better with the addition of Canton South. If they make the playoffs, this puts them at a low seed and maybe no playoff win. I feel the PAC will represent better this year in yhe playoffs. My take is Triway wins league followed by Canton South, then Northwest. We will see thom

Canton South will be an immediate upgrade for the league, I think they have a decent shot at winning it, especially with Matt Dennison building up the program as he has and the return of Poochie Snyder. Vying for the crown will probably be Triway, Canton South, and then Northwest or Manchester.

Nice weekend for PAC-7 (soon to be 8) athletics:
Cox’s throwing double gold, Brody Pumneo silver in the 800, CVCA’s boys 4x8 making it as a wildcard yet giving Marlington all they wanted for 7+ laps in the 4x8, Hamsher of Orrville taking 2nd in D3 girls pole vault behind the best female vaulter in Ohio history and 2nd best in US HS history, Malena Cybak setting a Stark County record in the girls 800 while taking 4th in the fastest D2 girls 800 race in Ohio history, plus some other All-Ohio performers on the track, Triway softball winning it all, and Tuslaw softball taking home a silver trophy. Not a bad weekend at all for PACLand.

Nice weekend for PAC-7 (soon to be 8) athletics:
Cox’s throwing double gold, Brody Pumneo silver in the 800, CVCA’s boys 4x8 making it as a wildcard yet giving Marlington all they wanted for 7+ laps in the 4x8, Hamsher of Orrville taking 2nd in D3 girls pole vault behind the best female vaulter in Ohio history and 2nd best in US HS history, Malena Cybak setting a Stark County record in the girls 800 while taking 4th in the fastest D2 girls 800 race in Ohio history, plus some other All-Ohio performers on the track, Triway softball winning it all, and Tuslaw softball taking home a silver trophy. Not a bad weekend at all for PACLand.
Outstanding! Know this is the football forum, but great to see how well the league represented itself.

New divisions out.
  • CVCA (232) with the Competitive balance bump up to D3
  • Canton South (231) and Northwest (250) remain in D4
  • Fairless (191) and Triway (186) drop down to D5 to join Manchester (162) and Orrville (191)
  • Tuslaw (125) drops down to D6
Actual October 2021 enrollment in parentheses.

Last edited:
CVCA is gonna be hurting for points. Might alwats be playing a tough first round aponnent. If tusla can take ant of the 4s or the 3 down, its almost automatic for them. I see the league changing soon.

New divisions out.
  • CVCA (232) with the Competitive balance bump up to D3
  • Canton South (231) and Northwest (250) remain in D4
  • Fairless (191) and Triway (186) drop down to D5 to join Manchester (162) and Orrville (191)
  • Tuslaw (125) drops down to D6
Actual October 2021 enrollment in parentheses.
With the Canton South addition looked like PAC would be D4 heavy with a few D5s. Now you have an 8 team league spread across 4 divisions. That's not great.

I've tended to laugh on here at the folks who were always chasing CVCA out of the league (mostly because they wanted their schools in), but unless the jump to D3 is temporary (would need one of those tied to the school to chime in) the Royals really will need to reevaluate. Can't imagine anyone would want to play in a league where half your season was against schools 2-3 divisions smaller.

Big sighs of relief from Brewster & South of Wooster. Fairless & Triway have had some good teams recently, but D4 playoffs chewed them up & spit them out before the decals on the new playoff tshirts could cool down

And Tuslaw becomes the new Loudonville. (Other than the fog, the field were basically the same anyhow)

With the Canton South addition looked like PAC would be D4 heavy with a few D5s. Now you have an 8 team league spread across 4 divisions. That's not great.

I've tended to laugh on here at the folks who were always chasing CVCA out of the league (mostly because they wanted their schools in), but unless the jump to D3 is temporary (would need one of those tied to the school to chime in) the Royals really will need to reevaluate. Can't imagine anyone would want to play in a league where half your season was against schools 2-3 divisions smaller.

Big sighs of relief from Brewster & South of Wooster. Fairless & Triway have had some good teams recently, but D4 playoffs chewed them up & spit them out before the decals on the new playoff tshirts could cool down

And Tuslaw becomes the new Loudonville. (Other than the fog, the field were basically the same anyhow)
Would be so ideal if they could get into the Metro League - though I doubt the schools in that league would vote yes for that....Outside of the Metro, I don't see a lot of options. Too small for Suburban....maybe reform the old NCL with those schools minus Hoban....? Probably the most realistic answer would be go independent?!

This is not CVCA's first trip up to D3. We were D3 I believe from 2014-2016 and went back down to D4 afterwards. A couple reasons this stay at 3 may be for longer is the school is growing. The addition of 6th grade a few years ago has led to larger classes in 7-12. The new fieldhouse is drawing students via AAU basketball ran out of it. CVCA is a great option for parents who want to pay for a private education and should continue to grow. There aren't many non-catholic privates that offer everything that the Academy does. My kids were both student athletes and had a great experience there. If this move to 3 is more permanent then CVCA will definitely need to find something else league wise. I think the Metro is probably the best fit but I don't see the league allowing it. More than likely CVCA and a group of old NCL schools can create a league. I think something like

CVCA, Padua, Holy Name, Trinity, STA, CCC Cleveland or Canton, Gilmore, Hawken, Elyria Catholic.

This is not CVCA's first trip up to D3. We were D3 I believe from 2014-2016 and went back down to D4 afterwards. A couple reasons this stay at 3 may be for longer is the school is growing. The addition of 6th grade a few years ago has led to larger classes in 7-12. The new fieldhouse is drawing students via AAU basketball ran out of it. CVCA is a great option for parents who want to pay for a private education and should continue to grow. There aren't many non-catholic privates that offer everything that the Academy does. My kids were both student athletes and had a great experience there. If this move to 3 is more permanent then CVCA will definitely need to find something else league wise. I think the Metro is probably the best fit but I don't see the league allowing it. More than likely CVCA and a group of old NCL schools can create a league. I think something like

CVCA, Padua, Holy Name, Trinity, STA, CCC Cleveland or Canton, Gilmore, Hawken, Elyria Catholic.
Someone call the squad for those Mogadore fans, they're going to have a stroke when the read @the123kidz post . . .

It was 2011-12 in D3. Finished 9th - just missed the playoffs in 2011 at 7-3. Finished 15th at 5-5 in 2012.

I’ve crunched the numbers and at an adjusted enrollment number of 286, CVCA is well above the cut line of 270. And, with enrollment growing, I think the D4 days are over for a while. Perhaps a long while.

Have to think this has played into recent non-conference scheduling, given the rest of the league is D4-D6. CVCA has to balance out the schedule.
  • New Philly is solidly in D3 - big road challenge this August
  • Roosevelt was D2 (dropped to D3 )- 2021 win
  • Woodridge is a longtime crosstown rival that was recently D3 but has dropped back to D4) - 2021 win
  • Aurora was a strong D3 when that series took place - two one score losses
  • Ben Christman’s Revere team was solid D3 victory
I’m sure the league issues will work themselves out over time. Size wise, the Royals fit in the PAC. The games are competitive, and as we’ve recounted, it’s been over a decade since CVCA has won the conference in football. Rivalries build over time, and I don’t think it’s a given that a conference change for change’s sake happens immediately because of the bump up. Weeks 4-10 are a lot of fun in this conference.

With 16 teams getting into the playoffs, six wins in Region 9 should be borderline. Seven wins should have you playing in Week 11 most years. Akron East got in last year at 5-5 in Region 9. The dark years of 2014-16, when the Royals went 3-27, are well behind CVCA. So 6-7 wins a year should be the minimum expectation of success most years, regardless. 2-1 non conference and 4-3 in conference gets you firmly on the bubble. And honestly, I’m sure the bar is set higher than that anyway, given the not to distant string of playoff victories over the last five years.

Seeing the enrollment numbers I'd have to think that long term CVCA is not a fit for the PAC but they are heavily aided by the fact that they have not dominated the conference and that there are no potential replacement schools nearby that fit the bill better at the moment

Recent and future facility additions and improvements will put them out of the PAC eventually as some have speculated and within 10 years would not be surprised to see them closer to d 2. They are definitely wanting to be in the same conversation with other Summit privates in the future. Will never be in the Metro. Culture has changed there.

Seeing the enrollment numbers I'd have to think that long term CVCA is not a fit for the PAC but they are heavily aided by the fact that they have not dominated the conference and that there are no potential replacement schools nearby that fit the bill better at the moment
Maybe a school like Akron Springfield would be a better fit for the PAC now a days. They just dropped to D4 and typically struggle in most sports for several years now. Playing smaller schools and similar sized schools like Canton South and Northwest would aid them. If CVCA indeed leaves for the NCL I can see this happening

Pretty sure Norton applied for the PAC back when Canton South joined. Not sure if they would be a good fit