Outraged teams not coming out for the national anthem

This is the first year in the last 6 that our team is out for the anthem. Usually we stayed inside until right before kickoff. We always made the other team wait on us. Kind of a mind game I believe.

Is there anybody on this board who knows who is charge of when a team comes out? Not a guess or a probably, but actually knows.
In most cases t is the head coach. There are some leagues that have rules though. The GWOC used to (I don't know if they still do) have a schedule that was something like 5 minutes left visiting team takes field, 4 min Home team, 3 min Anthem.

I would bet many coaches don't make it a part of their pre-game routine because there is no set time for the anthem. If you plan on being out of the locker room for it, but you are away and the home team band plays it earlier, what then? If you don't know WHEN it will be played, you can't plan for it.

Honestly, I have never understood why High School football teams are not out for the playing of the National Anthem. Pretty much every other HS varsity sport, the 2 teams involved are out of their locker rooms and in the gym, (basketball - girls and boys. Wrestling, volleyball) or on the field, (soccer, softball, baseball etc..) when they play the pre game National Anthem. Why aren't the football teams. It makes no sense to me. On a rare occasion I have seen 2 football teams out for the playing of the Anthem. But is is very rare. I am in no way upset about it, I just don't understand it.
I think it is this way because most other sports the Anthem is played when the pregame clock hits 0:00 or right before the teams take the field or court. With football it is different, some schools play it with 4:00 minutes left, I've been to games where it was played with 9:00 minutes to go. There is just no constant with when schools play the Anthem so it really is hard to have your team out if there is no set time. Also in no other sport are the teams warming up for over an hour before a contest, the teams are normally on the field until 20:00 minutes before kick off and they go to the locker room to get off their feet for a bit. There are some coaches that try to have their team on the field for the playing of it and with 7 minutes remaining they start the walk to the field and by the time they get there it is being played.

There is just no constant with when schools play the Anthem so it really is hard to have your team out if there is no set time.
But it should be easy for home games because YOU (AD, coach, band director) set the time. If you want to be out there in time, make sure that it's made clear when the pregame script is prepared. Some schools are doing it so it's very possible.

For 35 years our teams have been in the locker room while the band played the alma mater, anthem and then marched to form a tunnel while the visitors are introduced. The is looking for a problem that isn’t real!

If it requires an athletic conference to TEACH folks to LOVE something y’all have a lot of bigger problems to deal with than pre-game activities…
The problem is so many aholes(read schools, media, and some dipsh!!t athletes) teaching kids to hate our country, and building a false narrative of oppression and victimhood. These punks then act offended when they disrespect our flag and get booed by the majority of people who love it here.

If you can't see that you live in a great country, you are the ignorant one, not the other way around.

Nice try on the spin though, I will give you credit :)

The problem is so many aholes(read schools, media, and some dipsh!!t athletes) teaching kids to hate our country, and building a false narrative of oppression and victimhood. These punks then act offended when they disrespect our flag and get booed by the majority of people who love it here.

If you can't see that you live in a great country, you are the ignorant one, not the other way around.

Might want to get checked for a concussion Tom. You seem to be overly emotional & speaking gibberish.

BTW, no one, NO ONE, loves this country more than I do. I just don't find it necessary to berate folks who haven't found the same level of appreciation I do. My DD214 tells me I've done my part & am entitled to my opinion & also reminds me that everyone is entitled to theirs.

Lastly, in all seriousness, I totally understand you disagreeing with how some folks act. But if you truly believe they are "aholes", "dipsh!!t", and "punks" - why do you care so much? Why let someone you think that little of control your emotions?

Might want to get checked for a concussion Tom. You seem to be overly emotional & speaking gibberish.

BTW, no one, NO ONE, loves this country more than I do. I just don't find it necessary to berate folks who haven't found the same level of appreciation I do. My DD214 tells me I've done my part & am entitled to my opinion & also reminds me that everyone is entitled to theirs.

Lastly, in all seriousness, I totally understand you disagreeing with how some folks act. But if you truly believe they are "aholes", "dipsh!!t", and "punks" - why do you care so much? Why let someone you think that little of control your emotions?
I appreciate you love our country as much as I do, but they are "aholes", "dipsh!!t", and "punks", not my choice how they choose to act.
Just like it's their choice to view this country as systemically racist and view people like me as their oppressors, based on their actions.

Tom invented "get off my grass." He's the Chuck Norris of "get off my grass."

Most team don't come out for the Anthem. It has nothing to do with the anthem, the coach tries to get his team fired up to play, so the last thing you want to do is come out of the locker room too early and give the kids time to have a let down before the game starts.

Parents,and frankly everyone should be outraged,that coaches aren't bringing there teams out for the national anthem.Whats your thoughts if any.
I don’t really care either way. I’m not a nationalist. The more you care, the more it feeds them. In other news, I have too many hobbies and tasks to really care what other people think or do…..so yea…it’s pretty irrelevant to me.

Never knew this was a thing. In high school, we warmed-up, did pre-game, then went back into the locker room. We ran out with 2 minutes remaining and took the field. Was never on the field for the Anthem. We never thought it was unpatriotic then or now. In college, we did the same thing. I seriously doubt that a coach is going to plan his pre-game routine to purposely avoid the national anthem. If he does, shame on him. Being sarcastic here, but how about blaming the band for not playing the Anthem when the players are on the sidelines?? People need to give it a rest.

Fun fact, the First Amendment specifically forbids governments (including schools) from compelling speech. It's been settled law since 1943 regarding forcing children to recite the pledge of allegiance.

If you're Big Mad about the national anthem, maybe you move to a country that compels patriotism (North Korea comes to mind) and let us know how that goes for you after a year or two.

I guess people forget but yeah the anthem being played after teams hit the field is something that’s really only been going on the last 10 or so years.
Let the boys protest the symbol of the most EXCEPTIONAL/FREE republic in the history of mankind. As long as there are men to fight, serve and work the youngsters should not should not get too bunched up. Pathetic.

Does your concession stand stop serving during the anthem?
Doesn't that often depend on where the stand is located? When it's right out in the open in clear view of the stands and the field most schools I've been to pause for the anthem. ( of course if I'm next in line and assume they are pausing they have no choice lol).

Schools where the stand is behind the bleachers or in the school cafeteria generally are oblivious to what is happening out in the field. One school with the cafeteria model I attended had a large screen set up so you could see what was happening especially during the game. No one paid any attention to the anthem in that case.

Parents,and frankly everyone should be outraged,that coaches aren't bringing there teams out for the national anthem.Whats your thoughts if any.
why is this even a thing? When I played in the early 2000's we weren't out for the national anthem. No one seemed to care then, so why now? It hasn't been an issue until the last few years with the culture wars.

so in a sarcastic tone....I am am outraged we don't play the national anthem before every factory shift, hospital shift, start of the stock trading day, at every office building when the day starts, before every business opens for the day.... (by the way, this is sarcasm, for the folks who won't read the whole post.)

good lord, I am going to be honest, this is all this culture war bluster meant to fire people up to keep watching their 24 hour news shows so they can continue to generate millions of dollars for their company.

Doesn't that often depend on where the stand is located? When it's right out in the open in clear view of the stands and the field most schools I've been to pause for the anthem. ( of course if I'm next in line and assume they are pausing they have no choice lol).

Schools where the stand is behind the bleachers or in the school cafeteria generally are oblivious to what is happening out in the field. One school with the cafeteria model I attended had a large screen set up so you could see what was happening especially during the game. No one paid any attention to the anthem in that case.
Just always thought it was wrong to get mad at players for not doing the anthem when the fans are still buying sodas and popcorn during the anthem. We dont hold the adults to same standards we ask the kids to have. Hypocrites.

I am curious who in those groups you mentioned and how the people in those groups you mentioned are teaching kids to hate America....

This is out of genuine curiousity because I see this posted all over social media.