OSU / PSU

MPhillips

The best team in the nation comes to CBUS Friday. Then the Buckeyes head to NU which will be another tough dual. The week after we get Nebraska and then Cornell. Tough finish to the regular season. B1G tournament to follow.

125: Malik Heinselman Dec. Gary Steen 3-0.

133: Jesse Mendez Dec. Roman Bravo-Young 6-0. Upset of the season (leave me alone. I want to believe).

141: Beau Bartlett Dec. Dylan D'Emilio 6-3.

149: Sammy Sasso Dec. Shayne Van Ness 9-3.

157: Levi Haines Dec. Paddy Gallagher 9-6.

165: Carson Kharchla Dec. Alex Facundo 12-6.

174: Carter Starocci Maj. Ethan Smith 12-10.

184: Aaron Brooks Dec. Kaleb Romero 12-13.

197: Max Dean Maj. Gavin Hoffman 12-17.

285: Greg Kerkvliet Dec. Tate Orndorff 12-21.

PSU 21-12

Last edited:

The best team in the nation comes to CBUS Friday. Then the Buckeyes head to NU which will be another tough dual. The week after we get Nebraska and then Cornell. Tough finish to the regular season. B1G tournament to follow.

125: Malik Heinselman Dec. Gary Steen 3-0.

133: Jesse Mendez Dec. Roman Bravo-Young 6-0. Upset of the season (leave me alone. I want to believe).

141: Beau Bartlett Dec. Dylan D'Emilio 6-3.

149: Sammy Sasso Dec. Shayne Van Ness 9-3.

157: Levi Haines Dec. Paddy Gallagher 9-6.

165: Carson Kharchla Dec. Alex Facundo 12-6.

174: Carter Starocci Maj. Ethan Smith 12-9.

184: Aaron Brooks Dec. Kaleb Romero 12-12.

197: Max Dean Maj. Gavin Hoffman 12-16.

285: Greg Kerkvliet Dec. Tate Orndorff 12-19.

PSU 19-12
I would like to believe as well so you are saying 22-9?

125 - Heinselman MAJ Steen 4-0

133 - Bravo-Young MAJ Mendez 4-4

141 - Bartlett DEC D'Emilio 4-7

149 - Sasso DEC Van Ness 7-7

157 - Haines DEC Gallagher 7-10

165 - Facundo DEC Kharchla 7-13

174 - Starocci DEC Smith 7-16

184 - Brooks DEC Romero 7-19

197 - Dean MAJ Hoffman 7-23

285 - Kerkvliet MAJ Orndorff 7-27

PSU 27-7

Malik 3-0
Bravo 3-3
Dylan 6-3
Sammy12-3
Paddy 15-3
Carson18-3
Starcocky 18-6
Brooks 18-9
Dean 18-12
Kiirleviet 18-17

Is this a dream wish list? I would love to see some of these dreams come true. But then reality wakes me up and that's the end of that!

125: Malik Heinselman MD. Gary Steen........................................ 4-0 OSU

133: Roman Bravo-Young Dec. Jesse Mendez............................ 4-3 OSU

141: Beau Bartlett Dec. Dylan D'Emilio.......................................... 6-4 PSU

149: Sammy Sasso Dec. Shayne Van Ness.................................... 7-6 OSU

157: Paddy Gallagher Dec. Levi Haines...........................................10-6 OSU

165: Carson Kharchla Dec. Alex Facundo......................................13-6 OSU

174: Carter Starocci Dec. Ethan Smith............................................13-9 OSU

184: Aaron Brooks Dec. Kaleb Romero..........................................13-12 OSU

197: Max Dean MD. Gavin Hoffman...............................................15-13 PSU

285: Greg Kerkvliet Dec. Tate Orndorff..........................................18-13 PSU

I took Gallagher with the upset; I believe his only loss last year was to Haines in a one- or two-point match. Steen has given up bonus left and right. This is if everything maps out in Ohio State's favor... Penn State could win 57 and 65 and the scoreboard would be hideous. Hoping the Covelli gives the guys a boost!

Last edited:
This Friday Feb 3 !
1675286436562.png

The best case scenario for Ohio STate (at least that is realistic) is to win five matches (i.e. those that aren't 133 RBY, 174 Starocci, 184 Brooks, 197 Dean, and 285 Kerkvliet) but lose because of bonus. And it could be worse. The only matches I have reasonable confidence in OSU winning are 125 and 149.

I see Penn St winning like 23-9 and that’s really with us avoiding giving up many bonus points. I see OSU winning 125-149-165 but 165 could easily swing the other way.

Hope the kids go out and prove me wrong!!

I'm optimistic that we get two maybe three wins. That's just the reality of the situation.
I'm with you though. GO BUCKS!
PSU Favored HEAVILY in 4 bouts, and likely another LIKELY win, OSU favored heavily in 1 bout, likely to win in 1 other. PSU would have to underperform to champion levels. It will be interesting to see whether Gallagher can finally" pull 1 off" against the True freshman by scoring more than 3-4 points against an above average opponent, and whether Haines can get through the blocking. :)

I'm optimistic that we get two maybe three wins. That's just the reality of the situation.
I'm with you though. GO BUCKS!

Do you need tickets, though? That's the question. Couple of great options right here on the front page.

Projected line ups.

No. 10 Malik Heinselman (Sr.) 125 Gary Steen (Fr.)
No. 9 Jesse Mendez (Fr.) 133 No. 1 Roman Bravo-Young (GR)
No. 19 Dylan D’Emilio (r-Jr.) 141 No. 5 Beau Bartlett (Jr.)
No. 3 Sammy Sasso (r-Sr.) 149 No. 13 Shayne Van Ness (r-Fr.)
No. 25 Paddy Gallagher (r-Fr.) 157 No. 9 Levi Haines (Fr.)
No. 12 Carson Kharchla (r-Jr.) 165 No. 8 Alex Facundo (r-Fr.)
No. 7 Ethan Smith (r-Sr.) 174 No. 1 Carter Starocci (Jr.)
No. 5 Kaleb Romero (r-Sr.) 184 No. 1 Aaron Brooks (Sr.)
No. 17 Gavin Hoffman (r-Sr.) 197 No. 4 Max Dean (Sr.)
No. 18 Tate Orndorff (r-Sr.) HWT No. 2 Greg Kerkvliet (Jr.)

This just in…
A women’s dual meet will be going on at the same time as the OSU-PSU dual meet tonight… on the same mat.
The event will begin with the 125 lbs mens, followed by the first women’s match, and then so on back and forth until both duals are finished.
The Big Ten Network has secured 4 hours for this groundbreaking event (instead of the usual 2 hr block) and has stated that the match will be stretched out for the entire 4 hr block for equal BTN time.
In order to force the attending audience to watch the girls’ dual, all bathrooms and concessions will be closed during the girls’ matches.
Thanks for watching and attending.

This just in…
A women’s dual meet will be going on at the same time as the OSU-PSU dual meet tonight… on the same mat.
The event will begin with the 125 lbs mens, followed by the first women’s match, and then so on back and forth until both duals are finished.
The Big Ten Network has secured 4 hours for this groundbreaking event (instead of the usual 2 hr block) and has stated that the match will be stretched out for the entire 4 hr block for equal BTN time.
In order to force the attending audience to watch the girls’ dual, all bathrooms and concessions will be closed during the girls’ matches.
That actually sounds like an extremely cool idea. I'd watch that for sure.

That actually sounds like an extremely cool idea. I'd watch that for sure.
This just in…
I'd just wish they would open the bathrooms. When ya gotta go ya gotta go.

This just in…
Sarcasm. Good way for you to vent, but not useful for anybody else in the conversation...

This just in…
The ohsaa must be making more stupid decisions.

This just in…
You are in luck. You will definitely need a palate cleanser after having to look at those yucky females. Club Columbus is just your place. It is a short drive from the match and is a mens only private club. Stop by the BK5 next door for dinner first.

Since things are kinda getting weird, I'll go back on track... squeezing in my picks 20? minutes before matchtime.

125- 4-0 OSU
133- 4-3 OSU
141- 6-4 PSU
149- 8-6 OSU
157- 9-8 PSU
165- 11-9 OSU
174- 13-11 PSU
184- 14-13 OSU (TB2)
197- 16-14 PSU
Hwt‐ 20-14 PSU