Open Weeks - updated 8/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
New London most likely isn’t going to have a varsity team. Currently only have 13 kids out. That’s going to be 10 schools looking for games

Well there's a school just across the border in PA that is looking at the possibility of not having enough players. So that's a team at well.

I'm not gonna say the school since they want to try and recruit enough students to the team before the decision has to be made.

08-27 @ Sharpsville
09-03 Wilmington
09-11 @ Kennedy Catholic 1:00 pm
09-17 Mercer
09-24 @ Reynolds
10-01 @ Farrell
10-08 Union City
10-15 Greenville
10-22 Lakeview
10-29 @ Eisenhower (tentative)

These teams mostly across the border from Warren and Mahoning counties need games those weekends with West Middlesex shuttering football this year.

08-27 @ Sharpsville
09-03 Wilmington
09-17 Mercer
09-24 @ Reynolds
10-01 @ Farrell
10-08 Union City
10-15 Greenville
10-22 Lakeview

These teams mostly across the border from Warren and Mahoning counties need games those weekends with West Middlesex shuttering football this year.
West Middlesex boggles my mind. Go from playing for a State Title in the not too distant past to not having enough players to field a team.

08-27 @ Sharpsville
09-03 Wilmington
09-17 Mercer
09-24 @ Reynolds
10-01 @ Farrell
10-08 Union City
10-15 Greenville
10-22 Lakeview

Wilmington and Farrell are the only teams most would struggle with in those Divisions, the rest are all pretty weak hs football programs

West Middlesex boggles my mind. Go from playing for a State Title in the not too distant past to not having enough players to field a team.

Kinda Hardin Northern-esque. Win state in 2004, make the playoffs and win a game in 2006. By 2008 they're not competitive and in 2013 couldn't field a team.

State champs to no team and then joining a weak conference in a decade.

Kinda Hardin Northern-esque. Win state in 2004, make the playoffs and win a game in 2006. By 2008 they're not competitive and in 2013 couldn't field a team.

State champs to no team and then joining a weak conference in a decade.
That's crazy.

Shoot. I remember when Millersport (with a whopping 14 healthy bodies) played D2 Licking Heights.

Only football game I’ve been to where almost everyone on both sides was cheering for the game to be over.
Yikes. But with 13 guys, New London at least could try to play the 5 other 8 man schools. And if they want to pack it in after that then that's their business

Week 4
Canada Prep (ON) @ Akron SVSM - Cancelled
This shocks me NONE.

And it was dumb to schedule this game in the first place. Prior to scheduling this, Ellet was open in week 4. I don't know if any attempt was made to do so, but that seemed to be a hell of a lot more intelligent option. Ellet has since filled their week 4 vacancy with a road game at Youngstown East.

Missed opportunity if no attempt was made to schedule this contest. But maybe an attempt was made, and one or the other school said no.

Last edited:
Open weeks I have (for OHSAA schools, I leave out the 8-man and Club teams)

Week 1

Clarksville Clinton-Massie
Cleveland Lincoln West
Dayton Jefferson Township
North Jackson Jackson-Milton
Stewart Federal Hocking
Union City Mississinawa Valley
West Unity Hilltop

Week 2

Cleveland Lincoln West
Dayton Meadowdale
Ironton Rock Hill

Week 3

Beachwood
Canal Winchester Harvest Preparatory
Cleveland Lincoln West
Columbiana
Leetonia
Millersport
Wellington

Week 4

Akron STVM
Cincinnati Clark Montessori
Louisville St. Thomas Aquinas
Proctorville Fairland

Week 5

Cleveland Benedictine
Stewart Federal Hocking
Wilmington

Week 6

Cuyahoga Heights
Dayton Meadowdale
Dayton Thurgood Marshall
Edon
New Matamoras Frontier
Ottawa Hills

Week 7

Beachwood
Columbus Whetstone
Dayton Jefferson Township
Gibsonburg
Sugar Grove Berne Union

Week 8

Week 9

Ashtabula St. John
Dayton Meadowdale

Week 10

Bidwell River Valley
Cincinnati Gamble Montessori
Cleveland Lincoln West
Columbus Mifflin
Manchester
Rootstown
updated post 1 of this thread.

Week 1
Hilltop vs. Jackson-Milton (@ U. Toledo)

Week 4
Dohn Community @ Akron St. Vincent - St. Mary
Fairland @ Tolsia (WV)

Last edited:
Might have to match them up with the BVC teams if Vanlue hits the skids
Was wondering if Vanlue found a coach and couldn't find info on that so assume they haven't but did find this FB post.

1627859966778.png

So a couple weeks ago were still looking for players. If someone comes out a good chance a player who had done no off-season conditioning could come out and have to play both ways and that player could be a 14 year old freshman. Sorry it is time to give up the good fight and start a soccer or cross country team.

Was wondering if Vanlue found a coach and couldn't find info on that so assume they haven't but did find this FB post.

View attachment 19406

So a couple weeks ago were still looking for players. If someone comes out a good chance a player who had done no off-season conditioning could come out and have to play both ways and that player could be a 14 year old freshman. Sorry it is time to give up the good fight and finally consolidate.
Fixed it!

Union City claims they are playing MV week 2. I think it's a miscommunication with the earlier start and the WOAC schedule. UC and Tri know about it, haven't heard back from MV yet.

Edon coach. Chalker's Weeks 1-5 have been cancelled. Where are you seeing the schedule for Jackson-Milton?
Searched on arbiter. But it's not a full schedule.

They have both Chalker and Newton Falls listed for 8/27. I figured it wasn't official. But still

Searched on arbiter. But it's not a full schedule.

They have both Chalker and Newton Falls listed for 8/27. I figured it wasn't official. But still
Yes, Newton Falls is 8/27. Chalker was originally the old Week 1, but no one changed it to the earlier Week 1 date, and they haven't cancelled the game on Arbiter yet.

Week 1
Jefferson Township @ Middletown Christian

Week 6
Ottawa Hills @ Ashland Crestview

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.