Open Carry/ Retail stores

Red14

Well, here is a debate that sure to get alot of run, and frankly this really fascinates me. And not because I care one way or the other, but because of the polarizing effect it has on people's opinions. And understand that state laws also can apply as well.

So many retailers are making their own policies of asking their customers to not open carry (firearms) in their stores. Now this isn't a ban, they are simply ASKING customers not to bring their pistols into the store. Stores certainly can ask. So where's the rub? Well, here's what I see. You are going to have those on the far left that IF they see ANYONE other than a police officer carrying a gun, will go off the deep end, because isn't anyone who carries a guy that's not a police officer is there to be a mass shooter? And then you have the other side where everyone should carry loaded guns on their hips at all times...because you never know!!!

Thoughts?

Not a fan of the "asking" approach, it can only cause trouble. Either post that open carry is prohibited (in states where this is legal), or say nothing.

Maybe I’m wrong, but they aren’t even asking patrons to not carry in store, just not to open carry (visibly). Seems reasonable, but I’m sure everyone here will cry about it anyway.

Criminals love those signs.

Yeah that mass shooter in the TX WalMart cared about all the guns they carry in TX. You would think with as many people in TX that have guns on them someone would have stepped in.

A lot easier to "talk" about what you would do than actually doing it.

Yeah that mass shooter in the TX WalMart cared about all the guns they carry in TX. You would think with as many people in TX that have guns on them someone would have stepped in.

A lot easier to "talk" about what you would do than actually doing it.

1. Just because someone has a gun on them doesn't mean they step in. The "run, hide (sometimes), fight" rule applies to the armed as well as the unarmed. That many of the public make the decision to be sheep does not require the rest of us to act as shepherds. If I'm in such a situation and I (and anyone with me I care about) can get out, we're gone. I'll wish the others well from a safe distance.
2. Interesting that your focus is on one event, and you conveniently ignore the hundreds (FBI statistic) of people who defend themselves and/or others with the use of a firearme every day. Every. Day. These "good guy" uses dwarf mass shootings, it ain't even close.

Why in the world do you need to open carry at Walmart? The best way to stop these types of open carry laws/policy is for white people in Walmart to be confronted by Black or Muslim customers taking exercising their open carry rights.

I've see open Carry people often ..... Not one of them looked Shady !!!

I felt Safer knowing, if needed, someone had my back !!!

Why in the world do you need to open carry at Walmart? The best way to stop these types of open carry laws/policy is for white people in Walmart to be confronted by Black or Muslim customers taking exercising their open carry rights.
You're right. Nothing bad has ever happened at Walmart. No need to carry there at all.

Do you really think white people live in fear of black people? Kinda racist.

Weirdo is yappi’s Paul Blart. Lol.

Not me -

latest

Funny, though.

Just don't be such a head all the time. Geez.

You're right. Nothing bad has ever happened at Walmart. No need to carry there at all.

Do you really think white people live in fear of black people? Kinda racist.
He is actually admitting that while one needn't carry at Walmart there are places he would need to carry.

I'm just waiting for a couple of guys to jump someone who's open carrying in public, taking the gun and then shooting up the place...then what?

My guess is this has come from non-carrying customers who get nervous when John Wayne comes in the store with a gun. They can't ban them, nor do they want to, but they also have an opportunity to do "something" about it. You see, as long as it appears we are doing something, then everything is ok.