Open Carry/ Retail stores

Yeah and all those people who had guns on them jumped right in.
So what would you have done Mr OSU? I’ve never owned or fired a weapon in my life. If I was carrying and Thought I could legitimately assist I’d like to think I would. That’s a personal decision for everyone to make. If I was with my wife or kids my first thought would be to keep them safe and get the hell out of there. Do we know if anyone there was actually armed? From what I heard the majority were Mexican citizens in the USA shopping. I doubt any had weapons.

So what would you have done Mr OSU? I’ve never owned or fired a weapon in my life. If I was carrying and Thought I could legitimately assist I’d like to think I would. That’s a personal decision for everyone to make. If I was with my wife or kids my first thought would be to keep them safe and get the hell out of there. Do we know if anyone there was actually armed? From what I heard the majority were Mexican citizens in the USA shopping. I doubt any had weapons.

I didn't say I would do anything unlike your comments....

You insinuated that having people carry in WalMart is good because "nothing ever happens there"

If it were easy to "jump" in that would happen a lot more with these mass shootings. But it isn't easy (and it shouldn't be). So just because someone is openly carrying or concealed carrying does NOT make people safer. Texas probably has more guns on people's hips that anywhere else and 2 mass shootings happened where no one got involved. And please don't think I believe that have a responsibility to get involved. They don't.

But to imply that more people carrying will help the problem is absurd.

I asked a group of police officers about this. If they were going in to an active shooting situation and seen a "civilian" with a gun what would they do? They said most likely shoot them. We just recently had an off duty police officer shot who did jump in and help. But he wasn't in uniform so they mistook him for a suspect with a weapon.

It's real easy to strap a gun on and feel like a big man but to actually use it is difficult.

You insinuated that having people carry in WalMart is good because "nothing ever happens there"

If it were easy to "jump" in that would happen a lot more with these mass shootings. But it isn't easy (and it shouldn't be). So just because someone is openly carrying or concealed carrying does NOT make people safer. Texas probably has more guns on people's hips that anywhere else and 2 mass shootings happened where no one got involved. And please don't think I believe that have a responsibility to get involved. They don't.

I asked a group of police officers about this. If they were going in to an active shooting situation and seen a "civilian" with a gun what would they do? They said most likely shoot them. We just recently had an off duty police officer shot who did jump in and help. But he wasn't in uniform so they mistook him for a suspect with a weapon.

It's real easy to strap a gun on and feel like a big man but to actually use it is difficult.
Dont you think all people who believe in the second amendment are "gun nuts" you've posted that multiple times in the past.

LOL, so much silliness in this post. Those police apparently need more training if they are shooting people, despite the fact that the person they are shooting isn't shooting anyone.

An acquaintance of mine is a SWAT officer in Cbus, a few years back he asked me if I had my CCL, I said I didn't have a CCL, but I was curious why he asked. He just laughed, and said it is a whole lot more effective to use a real gun than your finger, as he made a gun shape out of his thumb and forefinger.

I'm just waiting for a couple of guys to jump someone who's open carrying in public, taking the gun and then shooting up the place...then what?

My guess is this has come from non-carrying customers who get nervous when John Wayne comes in the store with a gun. They can't ban them, nor do they want to, but they also have an opportunity to do "something" about it. You see, as long as it appears we are doing something, then everything is ok.

There used to be an old dude living on a large of land on 82 in Twinsburg that would patrol his property on an old Ford tractor while wearing a pearl-handled revolver on his hip. He'd drive the woodland paths around his perimeter, 6 gun at the ready. I was kind of afraid he'd confront a punk from the bad neighborhood across the street that was off in his woods to get high or something, and end up getting shot with his own gun.

I've not seen anyone carry truly out in public besides a few gun shop clerks.

Even if I knew who you were, I'd still save you if the situation arose.

You're welcome.

I don’t recognize anything in your reply in my post. You insinuated that no one in the Walmart with CCL stepped up , how do we know anyone there was carrying? Just because it’s Texas? Liked how you put something in quotes “.” That I never said or implied.

I don’t recognize anything in your reply in my post. You insinuated that no one in the Walmart with CCL stepped up , how do we know anyone there was carrying? Just because it’s Texas? Liked how you put something in quotes “.” That I never said or implied.

Seriously.... Your argument is maybe there was no one in that WalMart in Texas who didn't have a gun. The state that has the most guns of any. Come on. Try again.

Dont you think all people who believe in the second amendment are "gun nuts" you've posted that multiple times in the past.

I think most people on here are "gun nuts". Not all people who believe in the 2nd amendment are gun nuts.

Let's talk about when the 2nd amendment was written. What we have today is not what they had back then. I've heard people on here actually think fully auto weapons should be allowed. Yep a nut...

Seriously.... Your argument is maybe there was no one in that WalMart in Texas who didn't have a gun. The state that has the most guns of any. Come on. Try again.
So your argument is that since we know there were people in the Walmart who could have stepped up, but didn't, no one needs to be allowed to conceal carry?

I think most people on here are "gun nuts". Not all people who believe in the 2nd amendment are gun nuts.

Let's talk about when the 2nd amendment was written. What we have today is not what they had back then. I've heard people on here actually think fully auto weapons should be allowed. Yep a nut...
Did the 2nd amendment when written, restrict ownership in any way? Did it restrict us from owning cannons?

Now you're back tracking. You've used the phrase gun nuts several times. Law abiding citizens should be able to arm themselves any way they see fit. I have no problem with a law abiding citizen owning a full auto weapon, because if you are being intellectually honest, law abiding citizens dont commit mass shootings. Name one instance where a CCW carrier has committed a mass shooting. Name one instance where an NRA member has committed a mass shooting.

I'm just waiting for a couple of guys to jump someone who's open carrying in public, taking the gun and then shooting up the place...then what?

My guess is this has come from non-carrying customers who get nervous when John Wayne comes in the store with a gun. They can't ban them, nor do they want to, but they also have an opportunity to do "something" about it. You see, as long as it appears we are doing something, then everything is ok.
Are you sure? Stores can ban conceal carry.