Only Online Tickets Sales

Good luck if it's anything like the Indians game this summer - they have mobile only ticketing and their scanners have a hard time reading some phones especially in sunny conditions. Never had that problem with printed tickets

I'm pretty sure they are all getting paid, none are volunteers, and minimum wage has got nothing to do with it.
My wife and I sold tickets at both football and basketball games on a volunteer basis. Sometimes we got a hot dog and a coke...

Heard today about 3 schools going to online ticket sales (no ticket booth onsite) this coming season. I know that we talked about it in the past but curious with the season approaching what your opinion of this new trend towards online tickets sales only...
idiots

I think its a great idea to sell tickets online. Some schools only sell tickets to the public one night a week and the rest of the week you have to get them during school hours. If you're a working adult and can't make it the one night then you have to risk it getting a ticket at the game.

Complaining about this new process is like wishing we could all live in some Leave it to Beaver 1950's fantasy. Everything we do now is online... if you baby boomers are buying tickets to see Billy Joel or The Rolling Stones you are not walking up to a ticket booth.

The people who go to games are going to go whether or not tickets are online. No one is sitting at home thinking “well I was going to go to the game but but those dang administrators made me get my tickets on my own so now I’m not going to support the kids”

Ignatius has been doing this for years. It was done all last school year at a lot of schools. It’s been tested. And the schools who don’t think it’ll work, simply won’t do it.
The bulk of the typical high school crowd is older i.e. not the most tech savvy or running around with the newest iPhone. The inconvenience will leave some at home.

Also for your cost savings, you'll still need someone at the gate to scan the phone and you'll still need ushers. The only "cost savings" will be in not having tickets printed up which could be covered with a slight price increase like you are getting from online sales.

As Yappi said there's no reason you cant do both.

The bulk of the typical high school crowd is older i.e. not the most tech savvy or running around with the newest iPhone. The inconvenience will leave some at home.

Also for your cost savings, you'll still need someone at the gate to scan the phone and you'll still need ushers. The only "cost savings" will be in not having tickets printed up which could be covered with a slight price increase like you are getting from online sales.

I think the majority of the cost savings comes in the non-game day expenses. Cash counting, auditing, paper ticket reconciliation, etc. Now all of that is gone.

I think the majority of the cost savings comes in the non-game day expenses. Cash counting, auditing, paper ticket reconciliation, etc. Now all of that is gone.

Those are a few of the many duties of the AD or an assistant. Those jobs will still exist. There will be no cash saved.

Every bit of this is nonsense.

Every bit of this is nonsense.
The typical high school crowd isnt older? Old people are tech savvy and running around with the newest cell phones?

No one will have to scan the phones and no ushers...no more reserved seating?

The typical high school crowd isnt older? Old people are tech savvy and running around with the newest cell phones?

No one will have to scan the phones and no ushers...no more reserved seating?
My school is no longer having reserved seating for football. The reason really doesn't have much to do with COVID as much as it does the fact that we haven't had enough interest the last few years to even bother with it.

Aren’t you the guy that was ‘pretty sure’ all ticket takers were getting paid?
Ive also been informed by this thread that there are apparently ushers getting paid at games too? Every game I’ve ever been to you just walk in and find a seat.

I have heard from several schools that they are moving everything to on-line also, like last year. It will be interesting that's for sure.