One Season Wonders

Freaks & Geeks!

First Judd Apatow produced show that launched the careers of James Franco, Seth Rogan, Jason Segal, Linda Cardellini, and Busy Philips. Also had some great cameos. Did a great job of capturing the early '80s and was spot on with the sets, clothing, and especially the music. Finally was one of the best inclusions of the Grateful Dead ethos into an entertainment show, I know many girls that went down the path of the final episode.

Mid 70's..............................GET CHRISTIE LOVE.

Teresa Graves as an undercover cop. "You're under arrest, Sugar".

For me, Studio 60. I’m still convinced that had it come out 10yrs later it would have been a huge hit. The TV landscape was very different in 2005.

For me, Studio 60. I’m still convinced that had it come out 10yrs later it would have been a huge hit. The TV landscape was very different in 2005.

That looks like a good show but I doubt it could be made now. But at least they were pointing in the direction we should have gone instead of the way we went. Late night TV has devolved into one-sided political theater. It would be great to see a TV show poke fun at that but I'm not sure which network or streaming service would be brave enough to carry it.

No one mentioned Luck yet. Was not cancelled because it stunk but because three horses died during the filming and woke Hollywood wasn't too pleased. David Milch is always good for getting his better stuff cancelled literally and figuratively.

That looks like a good show but I doubt it could be made now. But at least they were pointing in the direction we should have gone instead of the way we went. Late night TV has devolved into one-sided political theater. It would be great to see a TV show poke fun at that but I'm not sure which network or streaming service would be brave enough to carry it.
I think it would do well.

It was too smartly written for 2005 TV.

Didn't realize that it was on for only one season but I would put this as one of the better sci-fi shows that didn't quite make it:

Space: Above and Beyond

The trailer doesn't do the show justice. It was definitely better than the trailer.

No one mentioned Luck yet. Was not cancelled because it stunk but because three horses died during the filming and woke Hollywood wasn't too pleased. David Milch is always good for getting his better stuff cancelled literally and figuratively.
Luck was outstanding.

Terra Nova was a show I would have liked to see get a season 2.

FlashForward as well.

And while it technically had 2 seasons, I do miss Revolution.

I routinely often wonder what happened to this show. It was so well done IMO.
That's what happens when much of your business is tied to NFL-related programming, and you want to remain in their good graces.

The show's subject matter hit a little too close to home for the organization Paul Tagliabue was running at the time.

Last edited: