Older Results - 1980s and 1990s

Does anyone possess Cross Country or Track Results from the 1980s, 1990s, and early 2000s?

In particular, I'm looking for results from the Central District Track and Cross Country, Regional results for Central District teams, and full state Cross Country results (OHSAA only lists top-25). Just sending me a picture or PDF would be awesome. Even regular season meets with Central Ohio teams would be great. I will digitize and add to Athletic.net.

I have everything on Baum's page and the OHSAA site already.

Thank you!!

Does anyone possess Cross Country or Track Results from the 1980s, 1990s, and early 2000s?

In particular, I'm looking for results from the Central District Track and Cross Country, Regional results for Central District teams, and full state Cross Country results (OHSAA only lists top-25). Just sending me a picture or PDF would be awesome. Even regular season meets with Central Ohio teams would be great. I will digitize and add to Athletic.net.

Thank you!!
Good luck to you others continuining to document the history of XC & T&F.

Thank you!!
I have pics of the full boys DII state XC results from '91, '96, and '97. If you're interested, message me an address, and I'll email the pics to you.

I never reply on here (enjoy reading) but the 1998 DI boys results are not wholly accurate. Joe Barnes graduated in '98 so his last CC race was '97. 2nd place was someone from Toledo, although the name escapes me at the moment (Abraham _______?.

Are you sure about that? It looks like Joe Barnes was third in the 1999 Track Champs which would make 1998 his senior year of CC. Abraham Habte from Eastmoor won the 3200 at state that year. He went to the University of Toledo. Which may be who you were thinking about with the Abraham from Toledo.

I never reply on here (enjoy reading) but the 1998 DI boys results are not wholly accurate. Joe Barnes graduated in '98 so his last CC race was '97. 2nd place was someone from Toledo, although the name escapes me at the moment (Abraham _______?.
I was at the state meet in '98. Barnes came into the meet with plenty of fanfare as the defending champion, but Godsey put everyone to the sword that day. Godsey's post-HS running career was somewhat backwards, pun intended.

4th place finisher Josh McAdams' post-HS career turned out rather well. I remember watching him win the Boardman Regional as a sophomore in '96.

Incidentally, the '99 state track meet results posted on the OHSAA's website are not wholly accurate. Those results have Godsey's school as Northmont for his 2nd place finish in the 3200, but the points were properly credited to Lakota East.

Last edited:
Incidentally, I encourage others to send runner-ohio any results they have, especially state XC meet results. I wish I had more to give him than the 3 years that I had (D2 boys for '91, '96, and '97). I'd love to see more of the years of complete results end up on the OHSAA's website or some other easily accessible website someday.

If you don't have them, reach out to your old coaches, colleagues, etc. You never know who held onto that stuff.

I was at the state meet in '98. Barnes came into the meet with plenty of fanfare as the defending champion, but Godsey put everyone to the sword that day. Godsey's post-HS running career was somewhat backwards, pun intended.

4th place finisher Josh McAdams' post-HS career turned out rather well. I remember watching him win the Boardman Regional as a sophomore in '96.

Incidentally, the '99 state track meet results posted on the OHSAA's website are not wholly accurate. Those results have Godsey's school as Northmont for his 2nd place finish in the 3200, but the points were properly credited to Lakota East.
OHSAA's website, like almost all websites, has factual errors. Especially the older years' results before 1940 where those 1st-hand historical memories are no longer living.

OHSAA's website, like almost all websites, has factual errors. Especially the older years' results before 1940 where those 1st-hand historical memories are no longer living.
All the more reason to compile as much of this info as possible, so that it can be preserved. Eventually, guys like me who remember the late ‘90s won’t be around.

All the more reason to compile as much of this info as possible, so that it can be preserved. Eventually, guys like me who remember the late ‘90s won’t be around.
How do you think Lancermania and I feel. He remembers the 50s & 60s, and me the 70s & 80s!

Thank you!!
We have some older results that pertain to our school located at plymouthtrackcc.org. Results can be found under either the track or cross country tabs and by clicking on the year. We do not have a lot of state results, but what you have you are more than welcome to use.