OHSAA Suspends Multiple Massillon Players - Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
problem is 7-10 kids were all using the same address of residency and this person allowing them to use the address is just a loophole for them to say that's where the kids live when in reality they don't.
You do know the OHSAA checked addresses for these kids over a year ago. And they were approved. I am sure if they all listed the same address the OHSAA would have noticed. So just stop lying.

You do know the OHSAA checked addresses for these kids over a year ago. And they were approved. I am sure if they all listed the same address the OHSAA would have noticed. So just stop lying.
I have nothing to lie about, I will report what I know as well as the facts and its your choice to believe it or not

problem is 7-10 kids were all using the same address of residency and this person allowing them to use the address is just a loophole for them to say that's where the kids live when in reality they don't.
Interesting. Wouldn't that be the dumbest thing any athletics department could do? Maybe the biggest red flag? I'm sure it's very easy for OHSAA to ask for the residency of student athletes and if 7-10 kids all have the same address, that's very sus.

This would be the dumbest mistake an athletic department could make if they were trying to pull in students. This might have worked in the 70's and 80's and maybe early 90's. Not anymore.

Logically, what makes sense is that someone reported something, the details are still yet to be known. Everything said so far is speculation.
Also, is it plausible, that the parents and student athletes are the ones creating the red flags? Hartson is from Beachwood. I don't know how many other kids are from the same school. But if more than one kid transfers from the same school to Massillon (or any other school), let's not pretend that parents also want to try and get their kid into the best opportunity they can find. If 2, 3, or 4 families all transfer their kids out, and find some way to move them down to Massillon because they think their son needs exposure because they have illusions of the NFL in their heads, they will do so. This is how Massillon be absolved. But, if you're on the outside looking in, it looks suspicious.

Bishop Sycamore is a perfect example of how adults will try and skirt the system. Don't think that Moms and Dads are capable of the same type of scheming and looking for ways to skirt the system all because they think their little boy is going to get some big payday someday.

On the other side, if the Athletic Department is aware or has involvement, then let them suffer the punishment. I'm a Massillon fan, but I'm also a fan of following and obeying the rules. And frankly, if I'm a parent in Massillon and my child has worked his off through the system, only to find him or herself sitting because some kid transferred in and hasn't put the time in and doesn't bleed orange and black, I'd be pissed as hell and don't blame them for calling out the suspicion.

Got to love the interwebs.

So the apartment complex that is of interest is a LLC called Yorkview Preservation Associates LLC.
A quick internet search reveals (and take this with a grain of salt) that the point of Contact is a person with a location in Beachwood Oh.

Here's the details.
Apartments are managed by the above property management company.
ABC stands Able-Bishop & Clark Realty Company. The point of contact on various sites is Larry Looney.
The offices are located in Beachwood. Come on, that's a bit suspicious if you ask me that we have players from Beachwood, transferred down to Massillon and now live in a complex managed by a company in BEACHWOOD.

Searches for Larry D. Looney, don't reveal much. Can't find a picture of this realtor online but is directly tied to ABC management company.

Last edited:

So the apartment complex that is of interest is a LLC called Yorkview Preservation Associates LLC.
A quick internet search reveals (and take this with a grain of salt) that the point of Contact is a person with a location in Beachwood Oh.

Here's the details.
ABC stands Able-Bishop & Clark Realty Company. The point of contact on various sites is Larry Looney.
The offices are located in Beachwood. Come on, that's a bit suspicious if you ask me that we have players from Beachwood, transferred down to Massillon and now live in a complex managed by a company in BEACHWOOD.

Searches for Larry D. Looney, don't reveal much. Can't find a picture of this realtor online but is directly tied to ABC management company.
For years I have enjoyed the "Big Loonie Larry Combo Platter" at Top of the Viaduct Restaurant in Massillon. Kinda odd the names match up. ;)

For years I have enjoyed the "Big Loonie Larry Combo Platter" at Top of the Viaduct Restaurant in Massillon. Kinda odd the names match up. ;)
It's funny cause when you do search Larry Loonie Massillon, that's what comes up in the search results. Doubt it's related... but... you never know.

The OHSAA simply needs to abolish its transfer rules. I have followed HS football in this state for 40 years and the organization picks and chooses who to go after which makes it a terrible rule. Especially today, with EdChoice, which has given private schools public dollars to be used as scholarships.

The OHSAA simply needs to abolish its transfer rules. I have followed HS football in this state for 40 years and the organization picks and chooses who to go after which makes it a terrible rule. Especially today, with EdChoice, which has given private schools public dollars to be used as scholarships.
Dangit irish_buffalo I hate when you post something I agree with. :ROFLMAO::banana:

As someone stated, I believe they have to go through an approval process through OHSAA.
I guess when you have kids coming in from all over the place it gets very convoluted.

Heard the players and coaches wear "Hello, My Name Is ___________" stickers for the first few days of practice each year for everyone to get acquainted with one another.

Last edited:
I guess when you have kids coming in from all over the place it gets very convoluted.
That reminds me of the story about the coach who received the wrath of Tiger Town when he chose to not send them something (some paperwork or film or contract etc.) they were expecting. He said he didn't bother because he figured it would just get lost in all the transfer paperwork Massillon's athletic department was dealing with anyway. ???

Here's the details.

lol

That reminds me of the story about the coach who received the wrath of Tiger Town when he chose to not send them something (some paperwork or film or contract etc.) they were expecting. He said he didn't bother because he figured it would just get lost in all the transfer paperwork Massillon's athletic department was dealing with anyway. ???
How did that game turn out for that Coach ? ???

It will be much easier when the HS Transfer P0rtal is set up for their recruits to streamline the process.

I can assure anyone that Massillon performs due diligence. Is what stinks for the schools is how far do they need to go to verify? Hire private investigators? If someone provides paperwork in terms of bills stating they live at X then that is good by most.

Again, I know schools that break every rule in the book and never get a sniff from OHSAA. I know others that are routinely hammered for the most arbitrary reasons.

They changed the age standard a couple years ago because of lawsuits. They need to change the transfer by-law for the same reason. It has always been a disaster.

I can assure anyone that Massillon performs due diligence. Is what stinks for the schools is how far do they need to go to verify? Hire private investigators? If someone provides paperwork in terms of bills stating they live at X then that is good by most.

Again, I know schools that break every rule in the book and never get a sniff from OHSAA. I know others that are routinely hammered for the most arbitrary reasons.

They changed the age standard a couple years ago because of lawsuits. They need to change the transfer by-law for the same reason. It has always been a disaster.
“They” in this instance is, as with every other rule, a simple majority vote of member schools. Any one of them could step up and put it on the ballot. Why does no one do that, year after year?

As someone stated, I believe they have to go through an approval process through OHSAA.

The OHSAA accepts the school's investigation of transfer eligibility; they do not get involved unless some other school lodges a complaint.
Each school is responsible for following the rules on transfers[ for ex] they have a list of what they are supposed to do to confirm students residence; when another school lodges a complaint, then the OHSAA gets involved
As an example, a school in Dayton years ago [who shall remain nameless] verified that 2 of it's students who transferred in met all the OHSAA requirements.
During the sports season, another school lodged a complaint, OHSAA found the students used a apartment in the school district as their residence, actually; they still lived in Indiana and the school did not follow the OHSAA rules in confirming residence

"I can assure anyone that Massillon performs due diligence. Is what stinks for the schools is how far do they need to go to verify? Hire private investigators? If someone provides paperwork in terms of bills stating they live at X then that is good by most." - Irish_buffalo

No, they are not required to hire private investigators; they are actually required for the school to make visits to the residence at a time where the students should be home to confirm residence. In the Dayton case, they did have utility bills, what the school did not do, was follow up visits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.