OHSAA State Trophy

BirdDog10

1E0B751B-D164-49B3-B266-C20701630006.jpeg

DDA4FFAA-77AF-4CB2-937E-DAF643DC272A.jpeg

Sticking to the trend of literally every other decision they’ve made in the last 2 years, the new state championship trophy sucks.

The old one was absolutely perfect. Big, grand, classic, and you knew exactly what sport you were awarded it for by looking at the top.

The new trophy looks like a work anniversary plaque with a tiny football player slapped on the bottom

Everything about the OHSAA in the last 2 years sucks. That is all.

I am more curious when the all ohio teams come out, or are they not doing that for some reason and I missed it.

View attachment 36763
View attachment 36764
Sticking to the trend of literally every other decision they’ve made in the last 2 years, the new state championship trophy sucks.

The old one was absolutely perfect. Big, grand, classic, and you knew exactly what sport you were awarded it for by looking at the top.

The new trophy looks like a work anniversary plaque with a tiny football player slapped on the bottom

Shrinkflation

I am more curious when the all ohio teams come out, or are they not doing that for some reason and I missed it.
For fear of an outcry for singling out kids, every participating kid will be named to the all-Ohio team.

Trophy looks cool.

View attachment 36763
View attachment 36764

Starting to go the right direction of the trophy. Take the replica of the state of Ohio and make it bigger and have that be the trophy. See Indiana's trophy. One thing the IHSAA actually did right.

Pennsylvania

New York

West Virginia

the point you're making is it's a copy of what everyone else is doing makes it better?

Without trying to seem I'm making a statement against OHSAA, that trophy would be a whole lot better saying off everything above "State Champion." No one is playing to be champion of OHSAA. They're playing to be champion of Ohio.

I wouldn't turn down any state title on account of the aesthetics of the trophy. However, that PIAA trophy looks like a cheap knock-off of the national title trophies the NCAA awards.
It basically is. The old trophy looked more like the wv trophy. They wanted to simplify and standardize the trophies. Now all sports get the same basic trophy.

Don’t forget the winning team also gets chocolate milk with that trophy.
Only the winning team? Even the sponsors have cut back.

A few years ago at the state track meet, there were refrigerated/insulated cylindrical containers like you'd find at the head of the grocery checkout full of chocolate milk, and people were handing out bottles to all spectators before they entered the gates. It was comical in that no outside food or drink was permitted inside the stadium, so you either had to discard it in the trash barrel or chug it down before passing the Redcoats.