OHSAA Pushing Vaccinations And Mask Use For 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHSAA Pushing Vaccinations And Mask Use For 2021
“This conflicts with numerous local school districts who have already said that masks and vaccinations will not be required at the opening of the school year.”

do you not understand the definition of the word “conflict?” Saying “we highly recommend this” does not conflict with something not being mandated. Do better.

The CDC have no idea but people have to believe in something. We should be praying.

These vaccines operate really well in protecting us from severe disease and death, but the big concern is that the next variant that might emerge - just a few mutations potentially away - could potentially evade our vaccines," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said in a Tuesday press briefing.

• The CDC updated its guidelines on Tuesday to recommend masks indoors, even for vaccinated people.
  • The Delta variant makes it easier for vaccinated people to transmit the virus, the CDC said.
  • Vaccinated and unvaccinated people infected with Delta may have similar viral loads.

Unfortunately, almost 1/2 American people aren’t getting vaccinated and it’s coming back. Mark my words before this gets deleted. Sad but true
We will probably not have another lockdown or anything close to last year because we have vaccines widely available. Honestly, the country as we know it can’t take another one.

“This conflicts with numerous local school districts who have already said that masks and vaccinations will not be required at the opening of the school year.”

do you not understand the definition of the word “conflict?” Saying “we highly recommend this” does not conflict with something not being mandated. Do better.
yes lots of schools have said this BUT, things have changed in the last few days.....

Here's a really strange idea, but hear me out:

Move the f*$k on. This virus is not going anywhere, over a year masks have shown to do absolutely nothing to slow transmission, and there is a vaccine available to literally every single adult who wants one.

If you don't feel safe, stay in your basement. Let us normal people get back to real life without you.

Democrats need to take ownership of their base's failure to get vaccinated, and do something about it other than blame Trump.

Agreed. And pubs need to do same with their base. We should be encouraging EVERYONE who has not yet, to do so asap. Left or right should have nothing to do with it but like everything else, we find a way to make it political.

You can argue and ignore the signs on the wall but it is coming. Sad reality as I was hoping for a normal season but we are weeks away from another lockdown.
Dewine no longer has the power to make public health mandates. He said so himself the other day when he was asked about masks. The Republican controlled state Congress will not allow another lockdown.

Agreed. And pubs need to do same with their base. We should be encouraging EVERYONE who has not yet, to do so asap. Left or right should have nothing to do with it but like everything else, we find a way to make it political.
No politicians should stay out of it all together. It's political because politicians are encouraging or discouraging people. As we do with the flu shot, it should be readily available to those who are most at risk and everyone else should follow the advice of a health care professional. The OHSAA should stay all the way the hell out of it.

No politicians should stay out of it all together. It's political because politicians are encouraging or discouraging people. As we do with the flu shot, it should be readily available to those who are most at risk and everyone else should follow the advice of a health care professional. The OHSAA should stay all the way the hell out of it.

That's a novel idea. Are you saying OHSAA should stay out of it - by accepting local health dept. guidance? Ok.

The vaccine is available free of charge to everyone over 12 years old. Failure of half the population to take advantage of that “option” is the reason for the fourth surge. Blame which ever party you like but the final blame falls on the individuals who for whatever reason refuse to help themselves.
The halftime score stands at…
Covid 19 - 630,000
Vaccine. - 0

Those who fear the vaccine more than Covid might want to rethink the numbers.

this is the funniest thing I have read on here in a while

I would agree, but also add delusional, misinformed and maybe downright ludicrous! Go ahead and look at all the states and areas that have the lowest vaccination rates and tell me that they are not OVERWHELMINGLY areas that voted for republicans or states won by the MADMAN or are under republican leadership.

I would agree, but also add delusional, misinformed and maybe downright ludicrous! Go ahead and look at all the states and areas that have the lowest vaccination rates and tell me that they are not OVERWHELMINGLY areas that voted for republicans or states won by the MADMAN or are under republican leadership.
Where do you think the thousands of illegals are being bussed and flown to. The clown show will not disclose that.

The vaccine is available free of charge to everyone over 12 years old. Failure of half the population to take advantage of that “option” is the reason for the fourth surge. Blame which ever party you like but the final blame falls on the individuals who for whatever reason refuse to help themselves.
The halftime score stands at…
Covid 19 - 630,000
Vaccine. - 0

Those who fear the vaccine more than Covid might want to rethink the numbers.
The vaccine is available to anyone who wants it. Masks can be worn by anyone who thinks they add protection. So, there should be NO mask mandate and NO vaccine mandate. Its available, and others who don't get the vaccine may live their life by making their own decisions. Anyone vaccinated is protected. Problem solved! Everyone can make their own choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.