OHSAA Competitive Balance Count 2022

Definitely won't dominate with goodes as the coach :ROFLMAO: The drop to D3 just means they'll get blown out by Chardon or Dover in the regional semis :ROFLMAO:
Has Chardon ever beaten Benedictine? I remember Bennie going Chardon in 2002 and being called everything in the dictionary, had the lights turned off them, had a clearly one sided game reffed against them and still won in the road. Also don’t recall losing to Dover…

Benedictine and Dover used to trade wins back in the early 70s, they opened up against each other. Dover's only loss in 73 was to Bene who were state champs that year IIRC.

Benedictine and Dover used to trade wins back in the early 70s, they opened up against each other. Dover's only loss in 73 was to Bene who were state champs that year IIRC.
Paging our football historian, it would be cool if the football program would have an all opponents list like the basketball program, listing every past opponent and the record against that team.

This site has a nice collection of every Dover game (I think), and could easily be reworked in excel to get this:

This site is out of West Virginia, and spreads lightly into surrounding areas, so he has just over 100 Ohio schools (though the fact that he can go back into the 1800's in some cases is damn impressive). I'm still working on my project to get the full results of every game an Ohio team has played since 1972 (only about 1100 games to go out of over 186,000 total, so I'm almost there; also turns out the wire services back in the day could be rather inaccurate at times), so if anyone wants specifics, PM me. I can filter down my file and send you what I have

This site is out of West Virginia, and spreads lightly into surrounding areas, so he has just over 100 Ohio schools (though the fact that he can go back into the 1800's in some cases is damn impressive). I'm still working on my project to get the full results of every game an Ohio team has played since 1972 (only about 1100 games to go out of over 186,000 total, so I'm almost there; also turns out the wire services back in the day could be rather inaccurate at times), so if anyone wants specifics, PM me. I can filter down my file and send you what I have

Very cool! I’d definitely like to check it out when it’s finished.

Any insight on the OHSAA lowering the D1 threshold from 605?
We probably won't hear anything before the Board's next meeting which is scheduled for June 9. The next scheduled meeting after that isn't until September 1, so I'm wondering if they'll tackle both fall and winter sports next Thursday. The Board held a special meeting 2 weeks ago to clean up various phrases in the General Sports Regulations. Those changes will be voted on at the meeting next Thursday.

Would love to see BENE drop back into DIII where they should be and get back to some games with Chardon!
Chardon, Mayfield, Brush, West Geauga, Willoughby South, Eastlake North, University School, Kenston, Chagrin Falls, Orange, go down the list of these schools who will never put Benedictine on their schedule. Wonder Why? Mmmm? ?

Chardon, Mayfield, Brush, West Geauga, Willoughby South, Eastlake North, University School, Kenston, Chagrin Falls, Orange, go down the list of these schools who will never put Benedictine on their schedule. Wonder Why? Mmmm? ?
Chardon has played Benedictine four times, St. Ed's four times, Beat two Catholic schools in the last two d3 state championships. Chardon's freshmen have played Hoban, Ignatius, Ed's in the past two years. Varsity played Glenville and Ursuline last year. Don't think there is some great fear of Benedictine in Hilltopper country.

There have been HUGE changes in enrollment numbers for a few reasons:

1) An extra year, due to covid bumping things back a year; so extra time for schools and demographics to change
2) So many more people homeschooling kids has lowered a LOT of enrollments. You'll be surprised.
3) Lots of city school numbers are increasing strongly, due to not being able to "get around" online academies like they used to in the past. The state even identifies these schools with asteriks** saying that exact thing.

With 7 divisions, you'll see a TON of changes in football

There have been HUGE changes in enrollment numbers for a few reasons:

1) An extra year, due to covid bumping things back a year; so extra time for schools and demographics to change
2) So many more people homeschooling kids has lowered a LOT of enrollments. You'll be surprised.
3) Lots of city school numbers are increasing strongly, due to not being able to "get around" online academies like they used to in the past. The state even identifies these schools with asteriks** saying that exact thing.

With 7 divisions, you'll see a TON of changes in football
When is the BOD meeting when it will be approved? Got to be this week or next, right?

For the love of all things holy, please, please let Marion Local go up to D6 (or D5). Harvest Prep has jumped two divisions since 2019.
Well, most of the fans wish they could go up too. It would be great if they could be just arbitrarily placed in D5. It sure would be more fun! But the numbers don't lie, and OHSAA is not about to make an exception--that would open a huge can of worms. What else can be done? If anyone doubts the numbers, I'd invite them to visit the classes in session and make your own count. They are reported accurately. It's Marion Local. They would win with whatever number. They beat the D5 2021 Champs, so they'd win it all in D5 too. Like I said, it'd just be more fun!

Well, most of the fans wish they could go up too. It would be great if they could be just arbitrarily placed in D5. It sure would be more fun! But the numbers don't lie, and OHSAA is not about to make an exception--that would open a huge can of worms. What else can be done? If anyone doubts the numbers, I'd invite them to visit the classes in session and make your own count. They are reported accurately. It's Marion Local. They would win with whatever number. They beat the D5 2021 Champs, so they'd win it all in D5 too. Like I said, it'd just be more fun!
I'm just jealous. They whipped our butts in the 2019 D7 state championship game.

If you click on “Clanadars” on the OHSAA website you can see when they are scheduled

with this month’s being June 7th on the calendar
The minutes from the most recent OHSAA Board meeting say June 9th, 9:30am at Canal Park for the next meeting. Looks like they'll hold their meeting and then watch the beginning of the baseball tournament. We'll see if they issue any kind of press release before the end of that weekend.

The key for Marion Local is that they started getting healthy at playoff time last year. The depleted team we saw against New Bremen in week 8, probably wasn't good enough to win D6. The healthier Flyers we saw in the playoffs would be a different story. I'd feel confident picking them over Carey. Probably could have won D5 also (they beat Versailles in week 3) As for D4, I'm not convinced Massie and Ursuline were better than Versailles and Kirtland. It's all conjecture but the healthier version of the Flyers may have been the best team D4 thru D6 last year.
i feel confident that they would not have beat Carey...LOL!

i feel confident that they would not have beat Carey...LOL!

Didn't Coldwater hold Carey to only 3 points in the 2nd half? MSML was much more stout than Coldwater. Sure you can do a comparative score and say Carey beat Coldwater by a bigger margin than MSML did. But I could also point out that MSML pounded the team that beat Carey. The fact is MSML got healthy in the playoffs and I don't see Carey beating them. All conjecture though

Didn't Coldwater hold Carey to only 3 points in the 2nd half? MSML was much more stout than Coldwater. Sure you can do a comparative score and say Carey beat Coldwater by a bigger margin than MSML did. But I could also point out that MSML pounded the team that beat Carey. The fact is MSML got healthy in the playoffs and I don't see Carey beating them. All conjecture though
the way to beat Marion is to run straight at them.... that is Careys offense, i just think Marion would have had a trouble stopping their offense.....