OHSAA Baseball Tournament News

For those whom attended, how did it go?
Been to that stadium for the State games one time and for a Rubberducks game a few years ago (Jake Taylor Bobbleknee night).

Just too busy in the summer and it is too far away to hop over to support local teams with it being in NE Ohio.

If I recall, did it move from Huntington because they were not able to block/request to be on the road during that time? Remember something to that affect that teams in that level were no longer able to request days off/on the road.

If I recall, did it move from Huntington because they were not able to block/request to be on the road during that time? Remember something to that affect that teams in that level were no longer able to request days off/on the road.
That's the excuse they use at Huntington. They absolutely can request the days, if they wanted to host. Problem is, they don't. Their grounds crew didn't like the field "getting tore up". Their front office didn't like having to make their employees work extra days. The list goes on and on and on. Dayton and Akron were the only ones to offer to host.

For those whom attended, how did it go?
Been to that stadium for the State games one time and for a Rubberducks game a few years ago (Jake Taylor Bobbleknee night).
Canal Park is nice. It's not Huntington, but it's nice. The people in charge are very accommodating.
Correct. Also, the OHSAA extended the season by another week which threw a monkey wrench into the matter as well.

That's the excuse they use at Huntington. They absolutely can request the days, if they wanted to host. Problem is, they don't. Their grounds crew didn't like the field "getting tore up". Their front office didn't like having to make their employees work extra days. The list goes on and on and on. Dayton and Akron were the only ones to offer to host.
Don't be surprised if they are back at Huntington next year.

Sad that places like Ohio State and others are too inconvienced by HS games at their venues.....
I get it. It's the same time frame as the NCAA Tournament, and can you imagine not being able to play at your home stadium because the high school state championships are using the stadium.

Now, is it likely OSU will ever host a regional let alone a super regional? No. But they want their stadium open in the chance that it happens, and I can't fault them for that.

I get it. It's the same time frame as the NCAA Tournament, and can you imagine not being able to play at your home stadium because the high school state championships are using the stadium.

Now, is it likely OSU will ever host a regional let alone a super regional? No. But they want their stadium open in the chance that it happens, and I can't fault them for that.
If it was just baseball then yeah.......Also, I am not certain the baseball stadium would be big enough for the games.

Basketball is in Dayton for the next few years. Football the same. Track and field? Will it be back?

If it was just baseball then yeah.......Also, I am not certain the baseball stadium would be big enough for the games.

Basketball is in Dayton for the next few years. Football the same. Track and field? Will it be back?
Wright State would be an Awesome venue for the Baseball State Championship Games.

They aren't going to consider a venue that seats less than 600.
Wright State is a nice little stadium but it is small and with the financial issues I am hearing Wright State athletic department is dealing with, I don't know that they have the wherewithal. It is a shame about OSU but they seem to be walking away from the OHSAA. Would be nice to be centrally located for travel purposes but it is just not going to happen. Dragon Stadium would be a cool place but the same issues would exist for NEO.