Ohioans in NCAA D-1 indoor finals?

ccalum2

As a Dayton guy, I know about Tyler Johnson (Stivers-OSU) and Wayne Lawrence (Meadowdale-Iowa). They'll go head-to-head in the 400, after finishing 1-2 last week at the Big Ten meet in both the 200 and the 400.
And I've seen the posts on here about Steiner and Bons.
Who else from Ohio (men or women) will be on the track (or in the field) March 11-13?
Athlete lists -- http://www.rtspt.com/ncaa/d1indoor21/

Last edited:

Alec Sandusky (Marysville HS and University of Cincinnati) qualified in the 5,000 with a 13:43 AND the 3,000 with a 7:53. Incredible improvement from high school.

As a Dayton guy, I know about Tyler Johnson (Stivers-OSU) and Wayne Lawrence (Meadowdale-Iowa). They'll go head-to-head in the 400, after finishing 1-2 last week at the Big Ten meet in both the 200 and the 400.
It's unbelievable how many fast 400 runners there are. There were 17 guys under 46 this year. Georgia's Matthew Boling ran a 45.51 this year but is running the 200, 4x4, and LJ at the NCAA championships. Johnson ran an NCAA leading 45.07.
Who else from Ohio (men or women) will be on the track (or in the field) March 11-13?

I'm sure I'll omit someone but I'll give it a try. Other than the aforementioned, I saw the follwing.

Men
Frank Hayes - Ohio State (Sylvania Southview), 4x4
Evan Matthews - Ohio State (Pick North), 4x4
Andrew Schroff - Miami (Olentangy Orange), DMR
Anthony Camerieri - Miami (Brecksville-Broadview Hts), DMR
Luke Finnegan - Miami (Westerville Central), DMR
Jacob Matthews - Miami (Perrysburg), DMR
Arjun Jha - Indiana (TWHS), DMR
Dustin Horter - Indiana (Lakota East), DMR
Hunter Garretson - Akron (Newcomerstown), PV
Jake Wickey - Kent State (Medina), WT

Women
Allie Guagenti - Ohio State (Olentangy Orange), Mile
Adelaide Aquilla - Ohio State (Mags), SP
Sam Bush - NC State (Turpin), DMR
Elly Henes - NC State, 3000, 5000, DMR. Elly is not an Ohioan but has strong Ohio roots. Her dad is Bob Henes of Woodridge HS and her mom is Laurie Gomez-Henes of Boardman HS. Bob & Laurie both ran collegiately at NC State and Laurie is the NC St women's distance coach.

Last edited: