Ohio state will be fine.

I really not worried about whether OSU will be fine , I worry about how this old diehard fan as in me is going to be if things do not get better. Will this old heart of mine be able to take it?

I really not worried about whether OSU will be fine , I worry about how this old diehard fan as in me is going to be if things do not get better. Will this old heart of mine be able to take it?
It’s one down year and they’ll still win 9-10 games.

Earl Bruce always produced teams that went 8-2 and that was not good enough so he had to be replaced and in came Cooper and that had to be a sad replacement if there ever was one.

Earl Bruce always produced teams that went 8-2 and that was not good enough so he had to be replaced and in came Cooper and that had to be a sad replacement if there ever was one.
I never thought that Cooper was a bad coach. He definitely lifted recruiting at Ohio State and really started bringing in players from all over the country. Cooper's biggest problem was that he just never really "fit in" with the high school coaches around the state and he always had that one game every season that he had no business losing but he did. I honestly think that Cooper understood the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry -- he just didn't coach well in that game and just wasn't as prepared as he needed to be. Overall, I thought John Cooper was a really good guy and a solid coach - he just didn't fully embrace the Ohio State culture.

Now that the season is over, No. things never got to the point of everything is fine. Time to make changes and regroup. I think the Rose Bowl game showed us what needs to be improved for next year. Running game and offensive blocking to make it happen. Defense just start over anything has to be better than what was put on the field this year.

I never thought that Cooper was a bad coach. He definitely lifted recruiting at Ohio State and really started bringing in players from all over the country. Cooper's biggest problem was that he just never really "fit in" with the high school coaches around the state and he always had that one game every season that he had no business losing but he did. I honestly think that Cooper understood the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry -- he just didn't coach well in that game and just wasn't as prepared as he needed to be. Overall, I thought John Cooper was a really good guy and a solid coach - he just didn't fully embrace the Ohio State culture.
Earl Bruce hated the thing called recruiting, so he was really not very good at it, so in truth, he took slightly better than average players and coached them to win. The man could coach just not recruit. Cooper was the opposite he could recruit but his coaching left something to be desired and his record against a team that had both recruiting and coaching at the time showed this to be true. What was his record against that team up north?

Those were brutal years as a Buckeye fan. Makes the past success we had all that much better.

Remember the doom and gloom when this thread popped up following the Oregon loss. This team proved to have some major flaws as the season progressed as were on full display in that game, but on that day I would have thought an 11-2 season with a Rose Bowl win would have been a good season given the defensive flaws and having one of the youngest rosters in the country.

Some increasingly hate the non-playoff bowl games, but Utah was all-in for this game and had been playing very well since inserting Rising as their starting QB and making Thomas the bell cow at RB. They were 9-1 with Rising as the starter entering the Rose Bowl, and I think they would have squarely been in the playoff chase if they had those two as the focus of their offense coming out of preseason camp. Last night was a very good springboard into next season between the win and having players like Harrison Jr. and Fleming getting a lot of reps with the opt outs.

Remember the doom and gloom when this thread popped up following the Oregon loss.
I felt doom and gloom. With a halfway decent defense I felt Ohio State offense was National Championship caliber. It was a shock to see how weak the defense was. Going in I thought the Bucks had the pieces on D to be a serviceable unit. With no apparent super team on the scene, I feel that due to the D this was a wasted year when the NC was wide open for the taking.