Ohio State University at Collegiate Duals

NIU matches up pretty well against that lineup. Could get messy if the bucks lose the swing matches and don't get bonus against their unranked. Hep should fill the void!
I was joking!
Embarrassing loss for Ohio State even banged up. No excuse for this one. Curious what’s going on with Sasso. Loses to Henson, gasses against Gomez in the classic. Then looks back up to full at CKLV, and now this. Hoping he has it figured out by March when it MATTERS. Next one, bucks!

Hard to be surprised by this result? Injuries at 57 and 65 lost us the dual. We'll be alright at the end.
Hard to be surprised by this result? Injuries at 57 and 65 lost us the dual. We'll be alright at the end.
I don't believe the injuries at 57 and 65 lost us the dual, D'Emilio and Sasso lost us the dual. Sasso's loss was unexcusable and D'Emilio had it won and gave it away. I'm not letting those 2 off the hook. We win those and we win the dual 19-13. Orndorffs performance was poor also

Northern Iowa wrestled with grit and that beats swag every time. These OSU wrestlers need to understand that swagger will never be enough at this level. They need to put in the work. They look more like the YUCK-eyes to me!

I don't believe the injuries at 57 and 65 lost us the dual, D'Emilio and Sasso lost us the dual. Sasso's loss was unexcusable and D'Emilio had it won and gave it away. I'm not letting those 2 off the hook. We win those and we win the dual 19-13. Orndorffs performance was poor also
I didn't get tuned in until late into 149. So I'll take your word for it. But...I didn't have D'Emilio or Orndorff winning from the start.

Has Sasso gotten any better since his freshman year? I’m thinking NO. This team won’t finish top 8 in March.

It's the same team as last year except a few guys have regressed. Kaleb maybe the only lock AA. Might be out of top ten at the end of the season.
Is it just bad luck or is there a reason for injuries?

OSU vs Lehigh for 3rd place at 4:00pm. Bucks don't wrestle again till Jan. 6th at Indiana.

Go Buckeyes!

Sorry but I do not think that will happen. People are learning how to wrestle Sasso and come out a winner.
I mean he did beat #4 and #7 at CKLV. Wrestled Gomez very well in the coaches classic.

I think he's got a great shot to all-american and with 149 as crazy as ever, who knows what will happen at NCAAs.

Personally I think weight is the driving force behind his performance, but I have no information to back that up.

With guys being banged up and some speculation that some may be year long any chance Sasso goes up to 157? His "struggles" notice the quotes there appear to be weight/conditioning related. could he have simply out grown 149? i believe in March he will all american and i think he is top 4, but wonder what he would look like at 157.

With guys being banged up and some speculation that some may be year long any chance Sasso goes up to 157? His "struggles" notice the quotes there appear to be weight/conditioning related. could he have simply out grown 149? i believe in March he will all american and i think he is top 4, but wonder what he would look like at 157.
With how they are wrestling in the duals I wonder how Decatur would look at 149 and Sasso at 157 in duals.

I'm guessing that would reset descent plans though....

Been saying that same thing for 3 years. I have been hammered every time I write it. It's past time for Ryan to leave. A new voice and some different coaching would do that program a world of good.
You're not alone. Many share your opinion. I'm just not one of them and I hope I wasn't one who "hammered" you. (y)

Been saying that same thing for 3 years. I have been hammered every time I write it. It's past time for Ryan to leave. A new voice and some different coaching would do that program a world of good.
Lol. After the recruiting class we just had? Tom Ryan is doing a pretty great job. Especially when you compare to past coaches and results. In 4 years my mind might change. But I can't see who'd be better.

I think one could argue covid extra years hurt Ohio State more than anyone else.

Do I think Ohio State could develop better? Of course. Part of me thinks that they are behind the curve in how guys are cutting too much weight. But im a nobody who's done nothing. I don't think there's a candidate better than Tom Ryan who will be available. So until he starts losing the recruiting battles, on top of poor results, I can't even fathom looking for someone else.

The problem I have with the comment "nobody better" how do you know? ( Please do not come back with name one) I'm not in the business to recruit head coaches to come to OSU. The program needs a new voice. Ryan is #1 in recruiting kids to come to OSU. Keeping them is a different story. Ryan is a recruiter. Period! His staff around him has done a terrible job with ALL the talent Ryan recruits for them.

MPhillips no you have never hammered me. It's amazing how blind OSU fans can be. A new voice and leadership is needed and has been for a few years. IMO.