Ohio State Recruiting

Because he shunned the media and this was a B1G pick up it barely registered on the recruiting types news feeds. Biggest story over the weekend was that Cade Klubnik, the Clemson 2022 QB commit, won the Elite 11 QB competition over tOSU commit Quinn Ewers.

Because he shunned the media and this was a B1G pick up it barely registered on the recruiting types news feeds. Biggest story over the weekend was that Cade Klubnik, the Clemson 2022 QB commit, won the Elite 11 QB competition over tOSU commit Quinn Ewers.

Didn’t watch a lot, but the clips I did see tells me Cade is more college ready now but Quinn has a higher ceiling with how effortlessly he throws the ball. Makes a 50 yard throw look like throwing a baseball to your 6 year old.

It was linked on the front page of ESPN.com soon after he committed to tOSU.

Big pickup today getting DE Kenyatta Jackson out of Florida. Chose Ohio State over Alabama and Oklahoma, and had several other very high end offers. Top-100 prospect and a top 7-8 edge prospect in this senior class.

Think they'll pick up one more soon. They recently offered a lower 3 star in-state OT prospect from St. Clairesville, Avery Henry, who formerly was committed to Iowa State. He's a 6'6 305 lb kid that's lost around 50 lbs in the last 18-24 months, and judging by some more recent images floating around, looks fairly lean and muscular for a high school senior. I'm guessing his film for the first half of this year is significantly better than his junior film.

Have seen some star gazers panicking about this one, but IMO the service rankings don't mean a whole lot at the OT position. Wisconsin and Iowa routinely take no name 2 and 3 star Midwest kids like this that have either had or shortly after getting on campus have a major weight loss/weight gain transformation and coach them into being a good player. This seems like one of those under the radar/late bloomer type kids, and I'd be highly encouraged to believe that if he put the effort into losing 50 lbs as a high schooler he's probably going to do whatever they want in regards to strength and conditioning and nutrition to optimize further body transformation.

Dawand Jones and Billy Price (albeit a DT) were ranked similarly coming out of school. Hopefully Avery and Leroux end up more like Jones and Price.

2022 seems to be ending with a whimper. USC is worth keeping an eye on, especially when it comes to LA area talent.

2022 seems to be ending with a whimper. USC is worth keeping an eye on, especially when it comes to LA area talent.
They are the favorites to land Caden Curry, Omari Abor, Hero Kanu. All are DL and top 105 players, Abor is top 40. They might be able to pull Carson Hinzman (OL) out of Wisconsin, he’s a top 150 player. Plus Styles just reclassified to 2022. He seems to be a perfect fit for Knowles LEO/JACK role after putting on some muscle with the OSU S&C program.

Losing Xavier Nwapka and Zion Branch is a bummer given the safety play outside the bullet role, though.

OSU needs to stop recruiting every quarterback and receiver out there and concentrate on offensive, defensive and linebackers for a change.

They more have to make sure they haven't missed any slots I suppose. I presume they still have coaches that can develop players. Kickers and lines would be my first choice of depth. I'd recruit nothing but LBs, put a bunch on the lines and one or two that can kick. Solid.

Alabama and A&M are killing it with top recruits. Still several in the top 10 of ESPN's ratings to declare along with some later ones, but I am surprised OSU doesn't have more than one in the top 60.

There are rumors that Deomonte Trayanum is considering transferring to OSU as a LB. Nothing confirmed but he is in the portal so it could happen.

There are rumors that Deomonte Trayanum is considering transferring to OSU as a LB. Nothing confirmed but he is in the portal so it could happen.
Official. Four years of eligibility with the free COVID year that everyone received.

4 star prospect in the 2020 class out of Hoban is coming home. Good pickup even if he doesn't make an immediate bang like Steele Chambers. They needed to add depth at LB, and while I assume this will be expected to be developmental depth, I think there's good upside here in a couple years.