Ohio State Recruiting

Woody with a winning record against Michigan and three NCs? Just another idiotic post from know nothing child.
Tell you what. If “a real fan” acts like you and the frat boy, then I’ll gladly be considered not a real fan

Last edited:
Do you?? What qualifies as an elite coach in your opinion? You’re going to need a further explanation.
It is not hard to win at UGA, as proven by Richt, he could never get them to the top of the mountain, so no, by definition he is not elite. You think it is hard to win at UGA? lol. Explain to me why it is hard to win there?

It is not hard to win at UGA, as proven by Richt, he could never get them to the top of the mountain, so no, by definition he is not elite. You think it is hard to win at UGA? lol. Explain to me why it is hard to win there?

Except the argument was never about winning a bunch of games in the regular season, it was about winning the big games and that’s where you jumped in.

Considering they only have 3 titles in their history, 2 by Kirby Smart I would say the evidence is very much on my side vs yours.

Yes they are in a fertile recruiting area but so are other teams in their conference.

Except the argument was never about winning a bunch of games in the regular season, it was about winning the big games and that’s where you jumped in.

Considering they only have 3 titles in their history, 2 by Kirby Smart I would say the evidence is very much on my side vs yours.

Yes they are in a fertile recruiting area but so are other teams in their conference.
Umm, no, that doesn't prove it is hard to win there. It proves that Richt was average and went on to continue to be average at Miami. But even being average he could get 10 wins a season in a difficult conference. Plenty of those other teams were not winning 10 games per season for 15 years, so it is hard to win at those schools and easy to win at UGa. Very few coaches win a lot of big games. Heck Osbourne was famous for not winning big games, until he then did win big games. Your obsession with winning big games is comical, wrt to Ryan Day, given his short tenure to date. And given the fact that he has moved to correct every deficiency that has been exposed. I'm surprised someone with your acumen isn't coaching somewhere. Your talents are clearly being wasted on us on this site.

Umm, no, that doesn't prove it is hard to win there. It proves that Richt was average and went on to continue to be average at Miami. But even being average he could get 10 wins a season in a difficult conference. Plenty of those other teams were not winning 10 games per season for 15 years, so it is hard to win at those schools and easy to win at UGa. Very few coaches win a lot of big games. Heck Osbourne was famous for not winning big games, until he then did win big games. Your obsession with winning big games is comical, wrt to Ryan Day, given his short tenure to date. And given the fact that he has moved to correct every deficiency that has been exposed. I'm surprised someone with your acumen isn't coaching somewhere. Your talents are clearly being wasted on us on this site.
An average coach doesn’t win as many games as he did at Georgia, you are correct he wasn’t elite and it took a now elite coach to start winning there. One that was groomed for close to 10 years under Saban.

My obsession with winning big games is something any fan with logical sense would grade coaches on. No thanks to coaching, I have friends in coaching and it takes up all of their time. I have a great career and I’m more than happy balancing work/home.

He won 5. One would think a “real fan” would know that. But I’m just a know nothing child, right?
No, he won three. Why they count 1961 and 1970 are beyond me. AP and UPI were the recognized championships in those days. The other years were retroactive, feel good championships that were recognized in the 90s or early 2000s. Free history lesson for you.

Last edited:
No, he won three. Why they count 1961 and 1970 are beyond me. AP and UPI were the recognized championships in those days. The other years were retroactive, feel good championships that were recognized in the 90s or early 2000s. Free history lesson for you.
Thank you Ohio St Super Fan, whom takes away national titles, you’re the most loyal fan in the whole wide world.

An average coach doesn’t win as many games as he did at Georgia, you are correct he wasn’t elite and it took a now elite coach to start winning there. One that was groomed for close to 10 years under Saban.

My obsession with winning big games is something any fan with logical sense would grade coaches on. No thanks to coaching, I have friends in coaching and it takes up all of their time. I have a great career and I’m more than happy balancing work/home.
Your obsession is not logical given all the changes a young coach has implemented in order to correct the issues that led to the losses.

Your obsession is not logical given all the changes a young coach has implemented in order to correct the issues that led to the losses.
You're very wrong to give Ryan Day the benefit of the doubt because he's a "young coach." There is NO ramp up, you are expected to come in and have immediate success in big games. The expectations are the expectations and if he can't handle them then Gene Smith made the wrong move.

You're very wrong to give Ryan Day the benefit of the doubt because he's a "young coach." There is NO ramp up, you are expected to come in and have immediate success in big games. The expectations are the expectations and if he can't handle them then Gene Smith made the wrong move.
That is a whole other debate. And a really dumb one, given that the decision was made, several years ago. It’s now Ryan Day’s fault that he was hired? But it sounds like you want Day fired? So which of the 2 elite coaches on your list will we hire next?

Last edited:
That is a whole other debate. And a really dumb one at that given the decision was made, several years ago. It’s now Ryan Day’s fault that he was hired? But it sounds like you want Day fired? So which of the 2 elite coaches on your list will we hire next?
Bama now has the coach I wanted at OSU if Day chose to head to the NFL. Now it would be Lanning from Oregon.

That is a whole other debate. And a really dumb one, given that the decision was made, several years ago. It’s now Ryan Day’s fault that he was hired? But it sounds like you want Day fired? So which of the 2 elite coaches on your list will we hire next?
You’re the one who brought the debate up mentioning he should be given a ramp up period because he’s a young coach. Yes, I wanted Day fired after the Missouri loss. Haven’t though too much about who the replacement would be.

Really don’t understand why OSU reporters are talking about this class being one of the best of all time when it’s not going to come close, they missed on too many guys to be one of the best ever.

That doesn’t mean the class isn’t elite which it absolutely is but even adding David Sanders puts them at a level of what Georgia has done 3 or 4 classes in the last 6 years

OSU needs a class like this for next season as well to continue to build high level talent and elite depth.

Bama now has the coach I wanted at OSU if Day chose to head to the NFL. Now it would be Lanning from Oregon.
bammy won one title from 79 till 09 (1992 Stallings who was fired from Texas A&M many years earlier)) which goes to show how difficult is to win a NC no matter where you coach at. My prediction is Deboer will be gone after 5 years at bammy (better chance that he fails than succeeds). One thing to be successful at UW another to win NC's even at a school like alabama.

Last edited:
bammy won one title from 79 till 09 (1992 Stallings who was fired from Texas A&M many years earlier)) which goes to show how difficult is to win a NC no matter where you coach at. My prediction is Deboer will be gone after 5 years at bammy (better chance that he fails than succeeds). One thing to be successful at UW another to win NC's even at a school like alabama.
See, this I agree with you.

Really don’t understand why OSU reporters are talking about this class being one of the best of all time when it’s not going to come close, they missed on too many guys to be one of the best ever.

That doesn’t mean the class isn’t elite which it absolutely is but even adding David Sanders puts them at a level of what Georgia has done 3 or 4 classes in the last 6 years

OSU needs a class like this for next season as well to continue to build high level talent and elite depth.
If this class is elite (as you stated above), wouldn't it be ONE of the best of all time? Not the best, one of the best (per OSU reporters). What is higher than elite?

If this class is elite (as you stated above), wouldn't it be ONE of the best of all time? Not the best, one of the best (per OSU reporters). What is higher than elite?
A class can be elite but not one of the best of all time. Go look at the 247 composite rankings, adding David Sanders would exactly put the class in the same spot Georgia has been in 3 out of the past 5 recruiting cycles.

What is a greatest of all time type class? Go look at Texas A&M in 2022, Alabama in 2023 and USC in 2007 (although a lot of those rankings aren’t really available anymore)

A class can be elite but not one of the best of all time. Go look at the 247 composite rankings, adding David Sanders would exactly put the class in the same spot Georgia has been in 3 out of the past 5 recruiting cycles.

What is a greatest of all time type class? Go look at Texas A&M in 2022, Alabama in 2023 and USC in 2007 (although a lot of those rankings aren’t really available anymore)
I read it wrong. I thought they were saying one of Ohio States best of all time. Not the best ever in college.