Ohio State Football 2024

I’m done talking to the 2 fake Ohio State fans. That would be SLB (spoiled little b) and ITG (internet tough guy). Don’t come on here if Ohio St wins the natty and act like you’re some big time fans. I will go all in you. Btw, never said I like Day. I dare you to find where those exact words were said. End of convo. Go Bucks
Agree...100%

Being able to beat good teams would be a start. Ohio State is an elite program, they shouldn't lose against every good team they play.
While Day's record against good teams isn't good enough right now, they haven't lost to every good team they play, and he has made changes. I think the biggest one is giving up playcalling duties.

The arrogance of Skunkbears. It's always been their problem.

They have a few great teams about every 30 years with plenty of good and some mediocre seasons in between.

There is something to "winning culture", but there is no formula, otherwise, every coach would plug in the formula. Does culture produce winning or does winning get credited to culture?

Some of both, I suspect, but culture is fragile. You get one aspect of it with a great group of selfless, natural leaders but then those guys move on and the new guys aren't as selfless and don't have the same leadership abilities, and you eventually see the effect of that in the on the field results.

Since 2001 I believe scUM is 5-19 against Ohio St. That's because Ohio St has had the more talented players and some excellent coaches. Ohio St continues to have a superiorly talented roster and, at least I believe, very competent coaches.

That tells me that Ohio St, over a decade of time, will continue to have the advantage. 3 scUM wins in a row is unusual, but accomplished with some older players who were excellently developed, an ability to impose a style of play, and an asterisk advantage. But the coaches and players who made that work have moved on.

If scUM can keep that going with a brand new staff and a lot of new players and the new culture that will come with that, then they will have done something unprecedented in major CFB. It is more likely that a slip back into the historic pattern is coming. That, along with 5-19, should elicit some cautious humility instead of bold arrogance, but skunkbears gonna skunkbear.

The arrogance of Skunkbears. It's always been their problem.

They have a few great teams about every 30 years with plenty of good and some mediocre seasons in between.

There is something to "winning culture", but there is no formula, otherwise, every coach would plug in the formula. Does culture produce winning or does winning get credited to culture?

Some of both, I suspect, but culture is fragile. You get one aspect of it with a great group of selfless, natural leaders but then those guys move on and the new guys aren't as selfless and don't have the same leadership abilities, and you eventually see the effect of that in the on the field results.

Since 2001 I believe scUM is 5-19 against Ohio St. That's because Ohio St has had the more talented players and some excellent coaches. Ohio St continues to have a superiorly talented roster and, at least I believe, very competent coaches.

That tells me that Ohio St, over a decade of time, will continue to have the advantage. 3 scUM wins in a row is unusual, but accomplished with some older players who were excellently developed, an ability to impose a style of play, and an asterisk advantage. But the coaches and players who made that work have moved on.

If scUM can keep that going with a brand new staff and a lot of new players and the new culture that will come with that, then they will have done something unprecedented in major CFB. It is more likely that a slip back into the historic pattern is coming. That, along with 5-19, should elicit some cautious humility instead of bold arrogance, but skunkbears gonna skunkbear.
No entity in sports is more insufferable with their arrogance than those bassturds

My experience with Michigan pre dates Clemsons success lol
Oddly enough my cardio-thoracic surgeon is a Michigan man who did his residency and fellowship at Ohio State. He is also is mover and shaker in Clemson's IPTAY fundraising foundation for athletics.

Oddly enough my cardio-thoracic surgeon is a Michigan man who did his residency and fellowship at Ohio State. He is also is mover and shaker in Clemson's IPTAY fundraising foundation for athletics.
andrew rannells guys GIF by Girls on HBO

When did Ohio State’s fanbase become so soft and fragile? Delusional, sure, we expect that … OSU fans have always been guilty of delusions of grandeur. But whiny and conspiratorial? It’s a sad new low. Now a video game is out to get the Buckeyes!
Tell you what. When Notre Dame actually wins a meaningful game you can then comment on our fan base

When did Ohio State’s fanbase become so soft and fragile? Delusional, sure, we expect that … OSU fans have always been guilty of delusions of grandeur. But whiny and conspiratorial? It’s a sad new low. Now a video game is out to get the Buckeyes!
Right, one of the top 5 programs in the last 5 decades, we are delusional. lol. I know it smarts that ND hasn’t had anywhere close to our success over that time period.

Not football related, but the O Zone website is no more. The O Zone was the premier source for Ohio State football news and news stories in the early days of the internet. They had been struggling to stay afloat the last several years losing writers and not selling out to corporate media like ON3 and 247Sports.