Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

For OSU to have any shot at the playoffs if TCU and/or USC slip up, they have to be ranked ahead of Bama on Tuesday. If they rank Bama higher, kiss the playoffs goodbye.

For OSU to have any shot at the playoffs if TCU and/or USC slip up, they have to be ranked ahead of Bama on Tuesday. If they rank Bama higher, kiss the playoffs goodbye.
Will Alabama have ranked win on their schedule with Ole Miss losing this week?

Will Alabama have ranked win on their schedule with Ole Miss losing this week?
No, but that doesn’t mean they won’t be ranked higher than OSU. Miss State will probably bump up from unranked to 17 or so. They might keep Ole Miss and Texas in the 20s. They typically like to help Bama’s resume.

No, but that doesn’t mean they won’t be ranked higher than OSU. Miss State will probably bump up from unranked to 17 or so. They might keep Ole Miss and Texas in the 20s. They typically like to help Bama’s resume.
I’m not advocating for Ohio State to make it just don’t see how they could rank Bama higher with 0 ranked wins. I guess the question is two close losses vs 2 ranked wins. For the sake of the sport hopefully USC takes care of business next week. A 2 loss team had never made the playoff.

Ryan Day needs fired, total joke. There were big signs he wasn't a good coach after the 2019 loss to Clemson, a lot of bad play calls in that game and has only gotten worse as time went on

Our d was statistically better, by a lot, this year than last.
Except statistically Michigan’s offense had more success against Ohio State this year….which is really sad considering last year Michigan was at home with a veteran team and this year they were on the road with their best offensive player injured.

Your smokin something if you think Bama- they have 2 loses as well as should have losing to Texas. Sound like a OSU hater.
Kirk Herbstreit — noted OSU QB and alum — has Bama above Ohio State. But sure, I’m just being a hater. Keep dreaming, pal.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Kirk Herbstreit — noted OSU QB and alum — has Bama above Ohio State. But sure, I’m just being a hater. Keep dreaming, pal.

He just doesn’t want to be seen as a homer.

But I fully expect Bama to be ahead of OSU on Tuesday. I’ll never believe ESPN doesn’t have some influence on the process as long as they have owned the TV rights and they will do whatever it takes to get that second SEC team in…especially Bama.

If they do Ohio State is in. All these fans can all shut the f**ck up and stop being such babies. We’re 11-1 for Christ sakes, it was just a bad day. We can bounce back and improve
BS! It was a bunch of bad days. I’m a Buckeye fan. But they suck. Tons of talent, no heart. These players are a talented bunch of losers with no sense of TEAM.

Herbstreit has consistently denigrated Ohio State to "appear" neutral. I like him as a commentator but give him little respect when he deals with Ohio State. He would be better to recuse himself from Ohio State discussions instead of coming off timid.

If they do Ohio State is in. All these fans can all shut up. We’re 11-1 for Christ sakes, it was just a bad day. We can bounce back and improve
Who cares about 11-1? Get embarrassed at home by Michigan, no big ten title, no national title...it's a wasted season by any elite standard.

But hey we beat up a bunch of tomato cans and weak sisters, great year everybody!

Also, I fully expect Alabama to finish in front of Ohio State. Just how the ESPN cabal operates with their NCAA sidekicks.

As bad as Ohio State played today, Alabama is not worthy of the playoffs this year. Very weak schedule with a couple near misses that could have had them out of the top 25.

I don’t want them to back into a playoff spot. They had their shot and shyte down their leg at home against their biggest rival.

Day will probably not be on the hot seat unless he loses a third straight to Harbaugh. Hopefully he makes the necessary coaching and recruiting adjustments. It’s nice to be able to hang 80 on Toledo but it doesn’t mean anything if your team consistently underperforms against good teams. Being a Big XII team on steroids is obviously not the road to a championship

Also, I fully expect Alabama to finish in front of Ohio State. Just how the ESPN cabal operates with their NCAA sidekicks.

As bad as Ohio State played today, Alabama is not worthy of the playoffs this year. Very weak schedule with a couple near misses that could have had them out of the top 25.
It is laughable for any Big Ten team — especially one that failed to play a non-conference road or neutral-site game and never did face a single road night game all season — to accuse an SEC West team of having a weak schedule. Take off the scarlet blinders.

Playing games at Texas, at Tennessee, at Ole Miss, at LSU, at Arkansas, vs Miss State and vs Texas A&M is far and away a more difficult schedule than playing home vs ND, at PSU and home vs Michigan with 9 byes mixed in.

Who cares about 11-1? Get embarrassed at home by Michigan, no big ten title, no national title...it's a wasted season by any elite standard.

But hey we beat up a bunch of tomato cans and weak sisters, great year everybody!
I’m happy that at least 3 or 4 Ohio State fans on here today have admitted what y2h did: That running through a goose-poop-soft Big Ten slate means very little in the national college football picture.

He just doesn’t want to be seen as a homer.

But I fully expect Bama to be ahead of OSU on Tuesday. I’ll never believe ESPN doesn’t have some influence on the process as long as they have owned the TV rights and they will do whatever it takes to get that second SEC team in…especially Bama.
They don’t have any influence on the committee other than being the ones asking questions to the chairman every Tuesday night.

The SEC has consistently been the conference with the most playoff-worthy teams over the past 15 or so years, basically since Urban went to Florida and Saban went to Bama. That’s just reality, not fiction created by a TV network.

Maybe if more Big Ten programs weren’t happy with “above average” — specifically looking at Penn State, Wisconsin and Iowa, although it could apply to others — the Big Ten would have a better chance of truly rivaling the SEC. Ohio State is both in a sense buoyed by the other Big Ten programs’ complacency/laziness (they aren’t tough to beat) while also being betrayed by them (the resume is too thin without going 12-0).

Herbstreit has consistently denigrated Ohio State to "appear" neutral. I like him as a commentator but give him little respect when he deals with Ohio State. He would be better to recuse himself from Ohio State discussions instead of coming off timid.
I try not to listen to Herbstreit because I tend to have to drink a lot when I hear "physicality" or "Brent Venables "

Random aside since Herbstreit is being talked about: I can’t help but wonder if he’s thinking about reducing his college football duties sometime in the next few years.

Taking the Amazon TNF job was a bizarre move for a guy who I’m sure is paid handsomely by ESPN, is their #1 CFB color analyst, and must have a busy CFB schedule in terms of prep for GameDay, prep for the Saturday game with Fowler, plus travel to GameDay and then whatever game he’s calling.

Adding Amazon duties and travel on top of ESPN duties, all the while still trying to travel back to Cincy on Fridays to watch his son’s St. X games, seems like a lot.

Maybe he’s thinking about dropping the Saturday night color analyst gig in a couple years in anticipation of wanting to watch Chase in college?

That’s just total speculation on my part and maybe I’m totally off base, but accepting the Amazon gig was such an odd move on the surface that it made me wonder if there’s more to it.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren called No. 3 Michigan's 45-23 victory over No. 2 Ohio State an "instant classic" and made the case after the game that "without a doubt" the Big Ten should end up with two teams in the College Football Playoff.

"One hundred percent," Warren told ESPN on Saturday. "Clearly, Michigan and Ohio State are two of the best four teams in the country, and I think today proved it. Great football game. Epic football game. Without a doubt, I think they are clearly two of the best football teams in the country."

One of the two didn't show up today.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren called No. 3 Michigan's 45-23 victory over No. 2 Ohio State an "instant classic" and made the case after the game that "without a doubt" the Big Ten should end up with two teams in the College Football Playoff.

"One hundred percent," Warren told ESPN on Saturday. "Clearly, Michigan and Ohio State are two of the best four teams in the country, and I think today proved it. Great football game. Epic football game. Without a doubt, I think they are clearly two of the best football teams in the country."

One of the two didn't show up today.
He loses credibility with statements like that. I get that it’s his job to advocate for conference members, but this is no better than Don King trying to sell boxing PPVs by telling us the two fighters are the best in the sport or whatever.

I’m happy that at least 3 or 4 Ohio State fans on here today have admitted what y2h did: That running through a goose-poop-soft Big Ten slate means very little in the national college football picture.

You think Alabama is satisfied with their season? Yeah we lost 2 games, no SEC or national title...but at least we played a tough schedule! 🤣

It is laughable for any Big Ten team — especially one that failed to play a non-conference road or neutral-site game and never did face a single road night game all season — to accuse an SEC West team of having a weak schedule. Take off the scarlet blinders.

Playing games at Texas, at Tennessee, at Ole Miss, at LSU, at Arkansas, vs Miss State and vs Texas A&M is far and away a more difficult schedule than playing home vs ND, at PSU and home vs Michigan with 9 byes mixed in.

Arkansas and A&M? 🤣

They don’t have any influence on the committee other than being the ones asking questions to the chairman every Tuesday night.

The SEC has consistently been the conference with the most playoff-worthy teams over the past 15 or so years, basically since Urban went to Florida and Saban went to Bama. That’s just reality, not fiction created by a TV network.

Maybe if more Big Ten programs weren’t happy with “above average” — specifically looking at Penn State, Wisconsin and Iowa, although it could apply to others — the Big Ten would have a better chance of truly rivaling the SEC. Ohio State is both in a sense buoyed by the other Big Ten programs’ complacency/laziness (they aren’t tough to beat) while also being betrayed by them (the resume is too thin without going 12-0).

The mystic of the SEC is absolutely a fiction created by a TV network.

They aren't any different than anyone else. 2-3 solid national teams and a bunch of average or worse teams.