10/8 - Rutgers
10/15 - Iowa
IDLE
10/29 - Indiana
11/5 - @ Northwestern
11/12 - Wisconsin
11/19 - @ Maryland
11/26 - Michigan

Schedule may have changed. Penn State apparently leaked their schedule.

10/29 - Penn State
This gives PSU a bye before playing tOSU. <sighs>

Not sure details have been released about what happens with the Indiana game.

Revised schedule:
9/3 - Notre Dame
9/10 - Arkansas State
9/17 - Toledo
9/24 - Wisconsin
10/1 - Rutgers
10/8 - @ Michigan State
IDLE
10/22 - Iowa
10/29 - @ Penn State
11/5 - @ Northwestern
11/12 - Indiana
11/19 - @ Maryland
11/26 - Michigan

Revised schedule:
9/3 - Notre Dame
9/10 - Arkansas State
9/17 - Toledo
9/24 - Wisconsin
10/1 - Rutgers
10/8 - @ Michigan State
IDLE
10/22 - Iowa
10/29 - @ Penn State
11/5 - @ Northwestern
11/12 - Indiana
11/19 - @ Maryland
11/26 - Michigan
Looks a little better, only Iowa and PSU is tough.

A lot of bitching on social media about the changed schedule. At the top of the list are the folks who now have weddings planned for tOSU v Penn State which is almost assured to be a white out evening game, and this is from both fan bases.

If they jettison Coombs, recruiting may suffer on the backend in the short-term. There was speculation that 5-star CB, AJ Harris, hasn't committed yet as he was waiting to see what happened with Coombs. Now he'll likely end up in the SEC. I would have liked to have seen him carve out a spot with the DB's moving forward.

They are officially also hiring Walton from the Jags along with Eliano from UC. Playing the numbers game it would seem that Coombs and Washington have to be out.

LJ appears to be the only survivor on the defensive staff. The above two should be running the secondary and it would seem Knowles will be coaching the LBs besides calling the defense.

2022 Schedule
9/3 - Notre Dame
9/10 - Arkansas State
9/17 - Toledo
9/24 - @ Michigan State
10/1 - @ Penn State
10/8 - Rutgers
10/15 - Iowa
IDLE
10/29 - Indiana
11/5 - @ Northwestern
11/12 - Wisconsin
11/19 - @ Maryland
11/26 - Michigan
Why was I thinking they had to go out to Oregon this coming season after they came to CBUS?

I am thrilled with Day's attempt to revamp the defense. I think it could be a special season if everyone stays healthy. Is it possible that Smith-Njigba will be our most decorated WR of all time?

Funny that Harbaugh had to go back to Michigan because the Vikings didn't want him. Harbaugh is very entertaining.
Happy Joaquin Phoenix GIF
Jim Harbaugh admits interest in interview with Vikings was not mutual

Harbaugh lost Gattis to Miami today. Dude definitely looks like a clown interviewing for an NFL job on national signing day and then having to settle for returning to Ann Arbor with him looking questionably committed. Gattis leaves for an at best lateral move and after a one year pitstop his DC went back to the Ravens and his brother.

In classic Harbaugh fashion, after a quick ascension to the top of the Big Ten and making the playoff this year it looks like he's lit the house on fire and is in the process of burning any and all goodwill gained by finally winning.

tOSU is getting a new design for the football field in 2022 and it will be one of these>

273524327_10159490157309799_8541325028170844462_n.jpg

I like the block "O" at midfield as it works for both sides of the stadium In the end zone I like the throwback diamond look in the 2nd column 2nd row from the top.

Michigan is a joke. They just wrapped up their best season in forever, but the lunatic Harbaugh has one foot out the door, and they have lost both coordinators. Gattis (OC, who just won award as best assistant coach in the country) is taking a lateral (or backwards?) move to Miami Hurricanes, and in his message to players said that the administration did not value him. WTH is going on there?

It's hilarious to see scUM beat reporters and insiders quickly turning on Josh Gattis. Apparently Harbaugh would have taken Weiss with him to the Vikings, so they're now riding his jock. Lol.

I’m really interested to see who will play the LEO position this coming year and in the future. Caden Curry did an interview recently and said he’d like to play it which somewhat surprised me. I figured if anything other than a traditional DE, he’d move inside to a 3 tech DT.

I’m really interested to see who will play the LEO position this coming year and in the future. Caden Curry did an interview recently and said he’d like to play it which somewhat surprised me. I figured if anything other than a traditional DE, he’d move inside to a 3 tech DT.
Agreed. Curry kept bringing up Nick Bosa as well. Let's hope that's his trajectory. I'm also intrigued by the intense of amount of LB's, and how they'll be used. Trayunum already looks like a dude, according to reports. I'll be curious to see who actually makes it onto the field. Will be weird to see primarily 2 LB's on the field at tOSU.

Agreed. Curry kept bringing up Nick Bosa as well. Let's hope that's his trajectory. I'm also intrigued by the intense of amount of LB's, and how they'll be used. Trayunum already looks like a dude, according to reports. I'll be curious to see who actually makes it onto the field. Will be weird to see primarily 2 LB's on the field at tOSU.
Jeremy Birmingham is a long time OSU insider and he’s been really high on Curry. I think he’s made that NB comparison and said if he played in the south, Curry would be a 5*. Hope he and Curry are right.

And yeah LB will be very interesting. Tejada Mitchell and Gaoteote announced they were returning but I’d be shocked if either were anything more than ST players. Mitchell Melton has gotten some good reviews from coaches but can’t stay healthy. Cody Simon hurt his shoulder and never looked the same, but showed promise before that. Eichenberg really showed out against Utah but I think he’s a better fit for Big10/Georgia style of play vs. what they will see against Bama, Clemson, etc. and then of course there’s Trayunum, who for me is a total unknown. I think Eichenberg and Chambers will be the starters but could see Melton, Simon or Trayunum (from what I’ve read, at least on Trayunum) bumping Eichenberg at some point this off-season/early in the season.

Jeremy Birmingham is a long time OSU insider and he’s been really high on Curry. I think he’s made that NB comparison and said if he played in the south, Curry would be a 5*. Hope he and Curry are right.

And yeah LB will be very interesting. Tejada Mitchell and Gaoteote announced they were returning but I’d be shocked if either were anything more than ST players. Mitchell Melton has gotten some good reviews from coaches but can’t stay healthy. Cody Simon hurt his shoulder and never looked the same, but showed promise before that. Eichenberg really showed out against Utah but I think he’s a better fit for Big10/Georgia style of play vs. what they will see against Bama, Clemson, etc. and then of course there’s Trayunum, who for me is a total unknown. I think Eichenberg and Chambers will be the starters but could see Melton, Simon or Trayunum (from what I’ve read, at least on Trayunum) bumping Eichenberg at some point this off-season/early in the season.
Agreed. Lots of folks also think Hicks will be in the fold right away as well. I think Powers will need a year with Marotti to fill out physically, although I think his football IQ will make him a valuable resource when he's ready. The development of this group will be intriguing as well. This will be the real after-the-fact indicator on Washington's recruiting chops vs on field results. Can Knowles and the other new coaches harness and translate those HS blue-chippers talent in a new scheme. Speaking of Knowles, I will also be interested to see if McCalister will see the field early and often as a stabilizing, veteran force with scheme familiarity. Hopefully this will keep the young pups on the backend competing at a high-level to cannibalize some of his snaps.

tOSU is getting a new design for the football field in 2022 and it will be one of these>

273524327_10159490157309799_8541325028170844462_n.jpg

I like the block "O" at midfield as it works for both sides of the stadium In the end zone I like the throwback diamond look in the 2nd column 2nd row from the top.
Minus 3rd on top row and the bottom right corner, I think those are all pretty slick.

From cleveland.com, which publishes more articles on Ohio State football than all other Ohio papers combined:

So OSU settled on a final design that takes a more classic and conservative approach. The field will remain green. The midfield design will be a simple Block O and the scarlet end zones will read “Ohio State” and “Buckeyes.” Buckeye Leaves centered at each 35 yard line replaced the Xs which formerly marked the kickoff locations.

The only other logos will be Big Ten (B1G) insignias a the 25 yard lines. A gray stripe will now border the entirety of the field to help those scarlet end zones pop. That stripe will feature a black/white/scarlet stripe pattern in the back of the end zone.

Eagle eyed fans may notice other subtle changes. The border around the midfield Block O is gray, not black. The fonts in the end zones follow the official Ohio State logos, and the ones on field match the number fonts used on the player uniforms.

But there’s no Brutus waving a flag or climbing out of the Block O, as two of the fan submissions suggested. Nothing on the new field would have been out of place when Archie Griffin and Rex Kern played on it.

Ohio State solicited fan suggestions for the new field design beginning last October and received over 1,300. While some would have required a significant departure from tradition, OSU said some elements came up frequently in those submissions, including the Block O at midfield (59%), Buckeye leaves (48%) and scarlet end zones (46%) instead of gray (21%).

The new field will be installed in Ohio Stadium in June and July. The same surface will also replace the indoor field at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center, and that work begins in April.

Fans will get their first look at the new field during the Sept. 3 season opener against Notre Dame. For the 100th season of Ohio Stadium, OSU went for a revamp, not revolution.